[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stanley McChrystal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

So, I'm watching Netflik's "War Machine" (pretty great) and now I'm interested in person of MC prototype - Stanley A. McChrystal. Tell me more about him, /k/.
>>
A took over a pointless and lost war, called Obama a useless nigger, and got fired for it.

fin
>>
Got fired for chewing out Obama over his lack of action in afghanistan
>>
>>34128387
Could he "win" that war?
>>
>>34128324
He never got a CIB.
That's all you need to know about this """"soldier""""
>>
>>34128436
MUH CIB. MUH BLUE CORD. MUH CROSSED RAHFLES

This is why everyone thinks infantrymen are fags
>>
>>34128426
His COIN strategy was taken from the British experience in Malay.
>>
>>34128463
The dude was a career infantry officer who never was in actual combat.
How the fuck does someone like that make it to the very top levels and oversee an entire war?

Fuck off if you think supply officers and whatever other bullshit jobs need to be in charge.
>>
>>34128528
He joined the Army after Vietnam. Desert Storm lasted a few weeks and was won with tanks and artillery. When could he have possibly seen combat before he was a senior officer?
>>
>>34128528
He was in during peacetime man. Somebody has to be in charge. You can't just not have officers because theres no combat you fucking dipshit. Not everyone who saw combat in the 80s stayed in or was well rounded enough to be an staff level officer. So yeah. He saw no combat. But he was a damn good officer and went on patrols as a General. Some E-3 who got shot at once and shot back gets his CIB. I guess he should've been given command of the whole war then. Cause he has a CIB right? He's a God of War. Right?

There are more important things than CIBs when it comes to staff level leadership. I do agree that its preferable to have guys who had trigger-time. But McChrystal was a damn good general.
>>
>>34128590
>>34128548
Dude was in Ranger Bat and was over all of SOF.

Those guys were still operating during peace times.
>>
>>34128463
>MUH CIB. MUH BLUE CORD. MUH CROSSED RAHFLES

This is why we KNOW support pukes ARE fags.
>>
>>34128614
Ah, so you have access to the Black Ops files. Gotcha
>>
>>34128659

ITT: POGs on damage control
>>
>>34128614
Yeah dude, Company and Battalion level offciers were out in the shit all the time. Sure. SF teams are mostly run by MSGs in actual combat. Company Commanders weren't getting into the shit, especially back in the 80s and 90s. From 87 on the guy was a Major for fuck sake. By the Iraq War he was in the Pentagon.
>>
>>34128640
Go mow the lawn faggot. And tell yourself how much better of a soldier you are than the commander of fucking JSOC. Jesus you guys are stupid.
>>
>>34128324

He was one of the better dudes I worked for, and got totally fucked over by Nigbama, and the band of "yes" men that nigger chose to work for him.

Such a shame the piece of shit liberal faggot that talked shit about him and his staff died in a horrible car crash. Such a shame.
>>
>>34128681
>mow the lawn

That's why we have support pukes, bitch.
>>
File: akRAtVa[1].gif (128KB, 240x196px) Image search: [Google]
akRAtVa[1].gif
128KB, 240x196px
>>34128682
>Such a shame the piece of shit liberal faggot that talked shit about him and his staff died in a horrible car crash. Such a shame.
>>
>>34128693
Really? Cause thats what you currently do. Mow the lawn, kick tires, clean weapons, and blow each other on the occasional field problem. Support jobs actually have shit to do in peacetime.
>>
was it autism?
>>
>>34128704
There ya go bossman
>>
>>34128324
He's a gun grabbing faggot who went on TV and said the .223 round is too lethal for civilians to own
>>
>>34128721
>Support jobs actually have shit to do in peacetime.

Yea...like mow the grass.

Meanwhile, we were actually training to kill people day and night using fire and maneuver and a combined arms approach. You wouldn't know about that, though.

Thanks for typing up my boys AAM's and ARCOM's though, bitch....
>>
>>34128774
Ironic since the 5.56 NATO is designed to wound and not necessarily kill
>>
>>34128752
What a tragic accident.

How unfortunate.
>>
>>34128793
literally lol'd. You know how often I see my infantry buddy's snapchats of them doing fuck all? Every day. Occasionally they'll do some field problems and cool exercises. But mainly they just sit on their ass and do stuff that support people are too busy to do as far as groundskeeping, PCMS, etc. But by all means. Keep trying to convince me how badass you are. I totally believe you, Spc ASVAB waiver.
>>
>>34128752
>Making a material about CIA're hacking cars to kill somebody
>Using car that can be hacked
Not very wise. Not very wise at all.
>>
File: 1425764526.jpg (72KB, 804x538px) Image search: [Google]
1425764526.jpg
72KB, 804x538px
>>34128463
>>
File: 1492354504952.jpg (133KB, 1367x1692px) Image search: [Google]
1492354504952.jpg
133KB, 1367x1692px
>>34128528

How could the president of In-And-Out ever run a successful burger chain without ever personally flipping burgers?

>mfw grunts try to rub their brain cells together
>>
>>34128824
>some fucking leg unit = all "infantry"

You do realize that not every infantry unit is the same, yes?

No, you don't.
>>
File: 5, Combat Action Medal.jpg (176KB, 615x1003px) Image search: [Google]
5, Combat Action Medal.jpg
176KB, 615x1003px
>>34128436
CIB is meaningless in his position, all I can say for it is that I wish the airforce used it instead of this damn thing.
>>
>>34128324

He was very smart, had a good team, and could have won if he was given what he needed.

He was never going to get what he needed, so he was never going to win.

You cant tell a man like McChrystal that you CANT win, as it should be. You dont want a looser mentality leading men in the US military.
>>
>>34128849
You don't do shit. Nut up and go SoF.
>>
>>34129016
Nigger, I served in regiment.
>>
>>34128873
>Air Force
Why are you here on this board? Please move along.
>>
>>34129129
I'm not in, I only say since the AF is the only branch I'd ever bother joining.
>>
>>34129073
No you didn't fag
>>
>>34129410
Not everybody's a little bitch, like you.

We're done, sunshine.
>>
Wondering about the scene near ish the end of the movie where some infantry soldier kill a civilian and they payout cash to the family. Is this a done thing? Do infantry carry large sums to pay this kinda shit or for any other reasons? Seemed like bullshit to me but was wondering was there any truth at all to it considering they included it in the movie.
>>
>>34128752
Fuck that guy, but if I didn't know better the coincidences seem a bit too... coincidental.

>yfw he had a expose ready to publish on John Brennan being a secret muslim and/or transvestite.

Just kidding, everyone knows he's actually a literal communist.
>>
>>34129073
Then I know exactly how much you don't do on a daily basis.

Let me guess you're also one of those guys who pissed and moaned when the commo guys and medics didn't get CQ shifts too and wondered why they have it so easy.
>>
>>34128805
This fucking meme.

Go "wound" yourself with a 5.56
>>
>>34128682
>complains about obama and yes-men
>then subtle jerks off to the idea that someone was murdered over "talking shit"
Truly conservatards are the worst.

>>34129659
>when it can be blamed on libruls it's always a 'coincidence' or false-flag
Funny how this bullshit only flows one way.
>>
>>34129725
"The 5.56 NATO round was never intended to be a killing round. It was designed to be a light compact round which would allow a soldier to carry substantial ammunition and it was intended to inflict casualties upon the enemy."

I'd say the description fits the round spot on.
>>
>>34128836
>dudes playing videogames
literally every barrack since early 90's
>>
>>34128324
ANTIGUN FAGGOT

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/06/10/petraeus-mcchrystal-join-dozens-of-former-military-leaders-to-create-new-gun-control-group/

MCCHRYSTAL IS A ANTIGUNNER LIBERAL FAGGOT.
>>
>>34129867
Most flag officers are. Why would an officer who believes most enlisted can't wipe their own ass trust the common man arming themselves?

If you think flag officers are your buddy, you are a fucking retard. Give them their fucking salute and move on with your day. Take what they have to say about operations and running their organization seriously, everything else that comes out of their mouth is purified garbage.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.