[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Staff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
138KB, 350x350px
I know this isn't a usual military weapon (in my knowledge), but I'm thinking of picking up a fighting style. I took some surveys and found out the best weapon for me is a staff. I would appreciate any good fighting style I could pick up and the type of wood to use (like rattan or oak? Octagon or round? Burnt or not?) and their pros and cons. Would appreciate help
>>
Oh and I forgot to mention I'm a newfag at this specific board so I might not understand some slang
>>
File: ilyNNVH.jpg (22KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ilyNNVH.jpg
22KB, 500x281px
This would be my recommendation, OP. If you're going to be fighting hand to hand, you might as well sacrifice range for something with some decent slap. Plus the tang on this baby is right at the base of the shaft for better balance.
>>
>>34126576
>practice with your "staff" for 10 years
>invest many thousands of dollars and hours into training and equipment
>get killed by illiterate hoodlum with a hi-point
Either learn a skill you can take with you EVERYWHERE, like something that doesn't require you to carry some goofy thing, or you better just be doing it for entertainment and official competition reasons.
>>
>>34126576
>took a test and got a stick
First, you're an idiot for thinking that's in any way a logical choice you fucking boge, get a gun like everyone else. Second
>a test told him he deserves a fucking STICK

That's just insulting
>>
>>34126576
Do you plan on carrying a fucking quarters taffeta with you everywhere?

Because if not it's not going to help you.
>>
i dont know a lot but ill post what ive experienced

you could go aggro lobbyist which is is a higher cost per employee but you can achieve results with a smaller staff overall. the downside is that it is somewhat niche and you can really only tackle certain problems this way. IMHO any staffmaster should be aspiring to is the classic bureaucracy. its basic and not very exciting, but its still around for a reason. if i were in a position to hire more than 20 staff, id be optimizing for bureaucracy
>>
>>34127167
>>34129584
>>34129698
>/k/ autists automatically assume everything must be for SHTF-COMBAT-NIGGER KILLING purposes

No wonder this place sucks, what ever happened to wanting to learn something for the fun of it
>>
Learn boxing instead faggit, also carry a gun if legally possible.
>>
>>34131283
>Learn fighting
>But not so I can fight, just for fun
>>
>>34131283
>OP says he wants the best weapon for him
>the best we're assuming for fighting
>OP picks a long stick
>>
>>34131306
> I want to learn dancing. But not for competitions, just fun.

Whats weird about learning an artform for the purpose of enjoying it? Melee combat is basically just dancing while you try to kill your partner.
>>
>>34126576
Join the SCA. No quarterstaffs, but learn to fight with that type of weapon.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.