[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: WEST_c0-83-2000-1249_s885x516.jpg (95KB, 885x516px) Image search: [Google]
WEST_c0-83-2000-1249_s885x516.jpg
95KB, 885x516px
Who here /usma/ or any military cadet?
What do i expect ? What do now?
>>
>>34126058
Expect to spend more days on transgender sensitivity training than on weapons marksmanship
>>
>>34126058
Expect to graduate and know less than an E-4 with a GED
>>
>>34126058
Hazing. lots and lots of hazing. If you make it past your first year, you might be ok. Honestly you should have just gone to a regular college. more freedom, you can drink and have fun, then you just go to OCS after college for like 60 days and POOF! you are an officer.
>>
>>34126071
Lol, in AFROTC-can confirm that we have done more SHARP training than M9/M4 training
>>
>>34126058
Be prepared to have tolerance and gender equality and white guilt and "strong independent black women are what the army needs most" shoved down your throat 24/7.
Prepare to not really do much training or soldiering and instead learn about """'leadership"""" from people who have been toxic leaders their entire careers and are probably responsible for driving countless good soldiers to leave the service.
Prepare to be told that you're the best of the best and everyone else is wrong no matter what because you went to West Point and they didn't, so Sergeant First Class Whatshisname with 4 combat deployments and 15 years in is wrong because he's just enlisted and you went to West Point so you're always right.
Make sure when you graduate to wear your ring so everyone you meet knows you went to West Point and be sure to bring it up every single command and staff meeting and every time you talk to anyone.

Have fun! West Point faggots are the worst thing about being in the army. The best officers I've ever had the pleasure of serving with were all prior enlisted.
>>
>>34126104
Also this.

New 2LTs show up to their unit thinking they're God's gift to the military and not even the new PFCs give a shit about them.
The PFCs know more and have done more than them, too.
>>
>>34126058
Expect to be treated like shit by other children with major ego issues while living in a pretentious world of "equality" for bitches, faggots, and shitskins.
>>
>>34128575
>New 2LTs show up to their unit thinking they're God's gift to the military

That's not true at all.

Most of the LT's I've worked with were well aware of their limitations.
>>
>>34128620
Probably weren't West Pointers than. ROTC fags are usually better about that kinda stuff.

I got super lucky, in my medical platoon of the 3 LTs I had during my time 2 were prior enlisted.
And in the infantry platoon I was assigned as medic for the LT was prior enlisted in the 75th before he got out and went to school and came back in.
>>
I did a year at New York Military Academy. It wasn't hard on me, but it was very very hard on some other kids.
>>
>>34126058
Go to the /meg/ and please check the catalog before making threads in the future.
>>
>>34126058
VMI grad here. Expect a lot of PC bullshit to be shoved down your throat and some subliminal hazing in the background to keep traditions alive. Play a club sport and enjoy the time you had with your roommates, both good and bad. They'll be the best friends you'll ever make if you pick the right ones and will always have your back. When you get to the big boy Army, don't be an ass and listen to your NCOs. Nobody likes a cocky LT.

Embrace the suck. Everything is a learning opportunity, especially when it comes to leadership. You will learn more from the bad ones than from the good. Good luck.
>>
>>34128653
>my medical platoon
There's your problem, right there.
>>
>>34128698
Fuck off, bitch faggot.
>>
>>34128723
I see no problem at all.
>>
File: Spongebob SEAL.jpg (151KB, 625x532px) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob SEAL.jpg
151KB, 625x532px
>>34128762
All I did was politely suggest that OP not act like it's his first day on 4chan, goodness forbid.
>>
VMI Cadet here.

Lots and lot of bullshit, however on the bright side you meet great people and have some of the best moments of your life (along with the worst). S

MC/Military Academies all provide ample opportunity for you to be a decent officer, it's just that you need to take advantage of any leadership opportunities possible.
>>
>>34128764
>I see no problem at all.

Your problem is two fold....
>>
>>34126058
You can go to The Citadel or VMI. They are still some what good and not completely pozzed. I went to el cid. When I was a first year they hazed the shit out of me but those who graduate now not so much. You get a huge alumni network if you stay in the state that is in State and local government as well as in Guard and Reserve units. This also includes judges and police. If you are not a fuck up, it can set you up with anything you want to do in life.

Oh yea VMI is in the middle of the fucking woods. The Citadel is in Charleston.
>>
>>34129314
What is VMI?
>>
>>34126137

>ROTC
>military academy

Sorry you didn't have your shit together in high school and needed the military to avoid student loans anon, but given that why would you be surprised that someone had to tell you that rape=bad?
>>
>>34129738
Virginia Military Institute
>>
>>34129738
http://www.vmi.edu/
>>
>>34129738
>>34130162

Hell on Earth. Rah VA MILL 2016
>>
>>34128717
Which Class?
>>
>>34130267
>>34130279
RAH 16
>>
>>34130564
Same. Didn't think our class had many shitposters in it. Nor did I ever expect to run into my own BR on fucking 4Chan.
>>
>>34130590
When the wifi worked I was always shitposting. I've run into a couple of classes we lived with in Barracks before. I know one guy for sure browses here.
>>
>>34130627
*one BR for sure
>>
Shoulda gone ROTC m8. Best 4 years of my life.
>>
>>34130627
I always had that hardline in. 4chan was essential at the I, if not to keep me sane, it was something to do on all those Friday nights I spent on confinement.
>>
>>34130633
Hmmn a few come to mind as possibly browsing here.
>>
>>34129896
I was in the top 2% of my class, but my parents aren't especially bright. They're also bad with money, so college was up to me. Even with good grades, and the full fafsa Pell grant, NROTC full ride scholarship was my best option.

No regrets, I get to wear pajamas to work, and get to go fast
>>
>>34130648
Good times having your roomies sneaking in beers while stuck on confinement, shiposting the night away.
>>
>>34130701
A case of beer here, some Jack Daniels there... never got an A1 though! RAH
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.