[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First gun did I fuck up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_7988.jpg (80KB, 597x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7988.jpg
80KB, 597x800px
First gun did I fuck up?
>>
>>34126049
no one cares go away
>>
>>34126057
this. OP this is equivalent of buying a wrench.

It's a tool. Use it as such and not as some fucking status symbol, you smarmy twat
>>
>>34126049
You've got the jack of all trades. It's soild quality decent enough at all tasks. You didn't goof.
>>
>>34126057
>>34126061
>swarmy twat
this
>>
>>34126049
Looks like a polymer pistol with a gangrenous gray stick of moldy, rotten butter plopped on top of it.
Ugliest, most unimaginative piece of shit ever.
>>
>>34126049
Absolutely not.
>>
>>34126049
No you did not. Now bugger off.
>>
>>34126128
Thou must fancy Thouself a Lord or other Highbred Lass of superior stock.
Alas, thou hast been deceived and tooken advantage of.
>>
>>34126049
Naw man, they're good. I didn't buy a g19 for a very long time because I didn't like popular things. Eventually bought one and I keep coming back to it as my primary carry/everything pistol.
>>
>>34126049
buying a Glock is like when you were first starting to drink, you drank cheap, and you drank shit, but it still got you drunk, didn't it? Some people who drink grow up, and they stop drinking shit, and they stop drinking just to get black out drunk. Others don't. It's the same with guns. If you grow up, you'll know better.
>>
>>34126049
You did good, have fun and practice as often as possible
>>
>>34126049
If your goal was to be a special snowflake? Yes, you fucked up real bad.

If your goal was to buy a handgun? No, Glocks are the most popular pistols in the world for a reason.
>>
>>34126192
What's "better" about other brands?
>>
>>34126222
Ergonomics, capacity, qc, aesthetics, literally everything. You bought the Honda civic of guns. It's affordable and good, but if you want to make it nice you're going to spend as much (more) on aftermarket parts as you could have originally on a nicer gun.
>>
>>34126246
>Ergonomics, capacity, qc, aesthetics, literally everything. You bought the Honda civic of guns.
Those are two disparate claims that really have nothing to do with each other. First it needs to be defined WHAT pistols you yammering about. Some people claim that other pistols exceed the Glock in those areas, but typically there is no one pistol that does it all. You want better ergonomics? Try a 1911. You want a higher capacity? Try an FNP. As far as QC and aesthetics are concerned...yeah bullshit. Aesthetics are only personal taste and many people do in fact prefer Glocks. Quality Control of Glocks is as good if not substantially better than most other competitors.

The question is: What brand is better in all of these ways compared to Glock?
>>
>>34126049
Wait I thought you said you bought a gun not a grenade
>>
>>34126366
Aesthetics are obviously up to opinion and largely moot for a duty gun I agree, but in terms of what you want op never specified.
It's no conversation though that glock does nothing the best, but is an acceptable compromise, jack of all trades, gun.
>but ppq comes to mind
>>
>>34126246
Glock capacity and QC are good, it's the trigger, sights and ergonomics that suck. Also no front serrations or ambidextrous controls.
>>
>>34126506
>It's no conversation though that glock does nothing the best
>is an acceptable compromise, jack of all trades, gun.

This is the problem that people have with understanding why multicam is good. If it is a jack of all trades, then by its very nature it is the best at being used for a multitude of things. That's EXACTLY what is specifically better about a Glock 19 compared to anything else. It has exceptional reliability, good accuracy, and is lightweight, and compact. That means (especially as a first handgun) that it can be pushed into any role with ease. It does "jack of all trades" better than almost anything out there on the market. Can you use a PPQ for a jack of all trades role? Yes, but then the trade offs start rolling in. The PPQ is bulkier and heavier with the same ammunition capacity.
>>
>>34126049

looks like a gen4

should have gotten a gen3
>>
>>34126366
>>34126049
GLAWK PERHFECTION
>>
>>34126049
Only by just now getting a 'first'. Nobody's first is ever 'the one'. So go shoot it a bunch and you tell us. Did you fuck up?

Show us your second, third and fourth, then we shall pass judgement.
>>
>>34126049
Yes, you fucked up.

You could have gotten a real gun made of metal but instead you got an overpriced nerf gun for adults.

Sell it immediately and get a CZ, Sig, Beretta, a 1911 or a revolver. Thank me later.
>>
File: 1482187977110.png (434KB, 736x700px) Image search: [Google]
1482187977110.png
434KB, 736x700px
>>34126049
>not buying a cz p10c

you fucked up.
>>
>got a Toyota camry as my first car. did I fuck up?
>>
>>34126049
Yes, 100%. Instead of choosing something of your own volition, with your own tastes and research in mind, you instead decided to browse a few normie gun boards for 10 minutes and decided on exactly what this guy said >>34127099
>>
>>34126049
Why would you come to a forum full of anime loving cross dressing faggots for approval?
>>
File: toolpost grinder.jpg (97KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
toolpost grinder.jpg
97KB, 800x580px
>>34126049
No you did great now half-assed mill some front slide serrations with a dremel, screw up machining the top for a RMR, and install some janky ass sights.

don't forget to adorn it with a new trigger and threaded barrel too
>>
>>34126856
only way to "screw up" is it not fitting his hand, and even then it's still a good gun with a good resale value.
>>
>>34127340
forgot to mention the chinese airsoft RMR clone you want to install too
>>
>>34126246
Capacity? You're going to fault the g19 for capacity? There is not a single gun being produced right now that has more capacity in the same size.
QC? Glock is actually very good in this regard - if it wasn't it wouldn't be used by countless police departments, militaries, and special operations units.
>inb4 muh glocknade
It's an irrelevant meme - most of which came from poorly reloaded ammo, and has been fixed for years
Aesthetics? No polymer pistol is aesthetic other than the USP or the p99. P320s, PPQs, etc. all look different but all are fucking ugly.
Ergonomics? Other guns might "feel more natural" when holding in the gunshop, but when you actually use one at the range I think you'll find that shit is irrelevant and all your "grip geometry" doesn't actually improve your shooting whatsoever
>>
>>34126600
>sights
Okay
>ergonomics
Not as big a deal as people make it out to be but alright
>front serrations and ambi control
TOTAL MEMES MY FRIEND
You can do your tacticool press check using the rear slide serrations no problem - front serrations just look stupid. Even if you got your right hand blown off, you could still operate the mag release with your index finger. The chance of you accidentally bumping off your ambi mag release is far greater than actually using the non dominant side in some fantastical shootout.
>>
>>34126246
>list four aspects that glocks suck at
>two of the choices are arguably presonal preferences and the other two are outright wrong
you dense motherfucker how can you fail to shit on a GLAWK of all pistols
>>
Jesus fucking Christ all the butt hurt faggots in this thread. Here's what you do
>install a glock 17 trigger (drop in)
>install night sights glock factory sights are truglows but trijicon hd's are good too for the memes
>get a surefire xc1 light and mount it
>get a Serpa or safariland als holster

It's now perfect
>muh aesthetics
I think the glock is aesthetic af
>>
>>34126049
Where the hell did you buy a live grenade from OP? I want one.
>>
>>34126049
It's a glock, so yes. Big fuck up.
>>
File: grit-91[1].jpg (327KB, 3420x1460px) Image search: [Google]
grit-91[1].jpg
327KB, 3420x1460px
>>34126049
There will be two answers to your question ITT:

>1. No, you didn't "fuck up". This is because Glocks are good pistols.

>2. Yes, you did "fuck up". This is because I don't like what's popular.
>>
>>34127704
fanboys don't google "glock injuries" or "glock malfunctions"
don't listen to this faggot
>>
>>34126049
People here don't like Glocks because they are popular yet every single one of these guys trashing glocks owns an AR15, go figure.
>>
File: 00[1].jpg (796KB, 1408x1056px) Image search: [Google]
00[1].jpg
796KB, 1408x1056px
>>34127724
>>34127494
>>34126471

Oh Lord. Seriously when will this meme die?
>>
>>34127769
>every single one of these guys trashing glocks owns an AR15
source?
>>
>>34127422
>You can do your tacticool press check using the rear slide serrations no problem - front serrations just look stupid.
Functionality > your subjective view of looks. There is no reason not to have front serrations.
>Even if you got your right hand blown off, you could still operate the mag release with your index finger.
Sounds awkward as fuck. The button release is not designed to be operated by the support hand, and is not reliable or consistent.
>The chance of you accidentally bumping off your ambi mag release is far greater than actually using the non dominant side in some fantastical shootout.
Then don't choose an inferior design such as the button release, pick one with a paddle on the trigger guard. That will not be accidentally activated by your support hand. And I'd much rather be able to use my carry gun with my support hand if my primary is in a cast or if I've slipped and fell and injured it.

You've already in shit creek by having to use your carry gun, so why do you think it's such a big stretch to have to use it while your primary hand is disabled? Also, while it's not a direct advantage in a self-defense scenario, being able to lend the gun to a leftie mate is a definite pro nontheless.
>>
>>34126057
>>34126061
>>34126109

Samefag

/k/ is full of /k/aring /k/ommandos

That being said, hang yourself, friendo
>>
>>34128394
>hang yourself, friendo
Funny you should mention that
I recently found my ball hanging from your mom's tampon string
Wanna help untie my ball next time it happens?
>>
>>34126049
What the fuck is this? One faggot making all these threads?

>>34127986
>>34126324
>>34117210
>>34126049
>>
>>34128418
Does this insult make sense to anyone else? Idgi
>>
Glocks aren't bad by any means, but from an engineering and consumer market perspective, it's an evolutionary dead end.

Glock has created the exact same handgun several dozen times now. They go all the way to full size 10mm to subcompact .380s but they are all the same basic fucking thing. Striker fired, semi-automatic, tilt-barrel, magazine fed, polymer handguns with no safety save for a trigger safety and a grey-black finish.

Typical Germanic engineering. Effective, but holy fuck I've seen sea lions that have more creativity and original thought than the engineers at Glock.
>>
>>34128934
>Typical Germanic engineering
That doesn't sound right. Ever heard of H&K? If you asked them to build shower curtain rings, they'd be made out of unobtanium and over-engineered to hell and back.
>>
>>34128934
>glock engineers aren't innovative

Then why is every major firearms manufacturer copying their design. Sure they offer a few extras and I think glocks shouldn't be priced more than 450 out the door, but they basically created what is now the dominating pistol design in the market

Everyone except colt - kek- is making their own flavor of g19
>>
>>34126057
>>34126061

Holy shit you guys pack it up. Guns are just tools. There's nothing interesting to discuss about them (tools are boring after all). Gookmoot, delete /k/, we're finished.
>>
File: 1459507904702.jpg (76KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459507904702.jpg
76KB, 720x540px
>>34126116
>I need a weapon to match my personality. Something with jaw-dropping grace and style. Something that will make all the girls at school realize my TRUE power after I defend their honor from Chad and the libtards. These ugly glocks, heh, pathetic things, are no match for the beauty and craftsmanship of the Japanese katana.
>>
>>34128934
>Glocks aren't bad by any means, but from an engineering and consumer market perspective, it's an evolutionary dead end.

Yeah they're an evolutionary dead end in the same way sharks are. There's maybe tiny things different between glocks and glock clones, but glocks are the most size and weight efficient, reliable, high capacity duty pistol in existence. They're not going away until handguns start using caseless ammo or energy cells.
>>
>>34126049
RIP your leg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtOwVPZg0N8
>>
>>34126061
>It's a tool

kek

1/2 the posts here are idjits drooling about their hk's and moisty nuggets

op - glocks are fine
>>
>I bought the most ordinary, middle of the pack, mainstream gun in existence.
>did I do good? Please make this a 100+ response thread.

Do you go to /o/ and start a thread asking if you did good by buying a Toyota Carolla?
>>
>>34126049
should have got a sig
>>
>>34126049
you didn't fuck up. It's a tool. It shoves lead slugs into things from a distance. As long as it's not incredibly dirty, it will go bang as long as it has bullets.
>>
>>34128934
If you want to shoot, creativity means fuck all. If you want to jerk off over some imaginary provenance then sperg all you like.

If buying a pistol to use, Glocks work fine and waxing psychorectal over functionally irrelevant shit is a waste of time.

Reliable? Check.
Plenty of accessories to tailor to your preference? Check.
Not expensive? Check.
>>
>>34126192
>If you grow up, you'll know better.

Citation needed with empiric proofs you silly faggot. All things machines do are testable.
>>
>>34127816
when you choose to ignore it as a meme instead of getting assblasted.
>>
>>34129739
>Yeah they're an evolutionary dead end in the same way sharks are.

puts it best. if you can improve your gun every few years it only means your gun wasn't actually good at the beginning. the only thing glock needs to do is scale the G17 up and down according to the needs of the cartridge, that's it. it's the most parsimonious and hence best gun you can have. the P320 is a pointless gun. so it has a serialized trigger group. big deal. in order to make any conversions, you still need to buy the barrel, slide and frame. the whole shtick is the solution to a problem that only exists in cucked localities where people can only own a certain number of guns - and the solution to such a problem isn't the P320 but a pitchfork wielding mob running the legislators down the streets....
>>
>>34129604
>These ugly glocks, heh, pathetic things, are no match for the beauty and craftsmanship of the Japanese katana.
*Broadsword
>>
>>34134338
>a gun cant both work and not be depressingly boring/ugly
>>
File: 1491344461598.jpg (14KB, 362x352px) Image search: [Google]
1491344461598.jpg
14KB, 362x352px
>>34129604
>>
>>34134344
spotted the butthurt Glocktard
>>
>>34126057
>>34126061
Trying to be less of faggots would suit you fucking faggots just fine.
>>
>>34134483
I completely agree guy from yesterday
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.