[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I keep hearing about people getting murdered at work. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

File: mr.png (365KB, 647x653px) Image search: [Google]
mr.png
365KB, 647x653px
Guys I keep hearing about people getting murdered at work. I am also a rideshare driver, and feel uneasy from time to time especially when I have to pick up nignogs and when I drive late at night.

I decided to pick up a concealed carry, it should be very simple for me here in US. I have some experience shooting guns, and I own a Ruger SR22.

I've heard a lot about rimfire rounds being unreliable and that the round has little stopping power, but honestly I think having this gun is better than no gun if it comes down to some nignog or a crazy bitch trying to murder me.

I understand that it is better to run away and that the chance is very low that I will be in a situation where I'd have to use it, but I have driven some very sketchy characters before and sometimes I end up in dangerous neighborhoods with meth/heroin addicts and so on. I have been surrounded by a swarm of nignogs while delivering food before.

I seek tips and advice from you as far as carrying and self defense goes.
>>
Any gun is better than no guns,but try and find a larger caliber handgun for sale used rather than relying on a 22
>>
Get a J frame .38 revolver
>>
File: 11.jpg (518KB, 1280x955px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
518KB, 1280x955px
>delivering food in shitty neighborhood
>it's only 21:00, but very dark b/c it's winter
>see nignogs on the street around 15 of them, women and men, some look homeless
>customer has fence, park car and bring the food to customer's house
>come back to fence, all of the sudden they are on this side of the street literally at the fence's gate
>one female monkey asking me for 5 dollars
>tfw that's how much I get for the whole ride
>I say I don't have money
>other nignogs be like "he lyin', he just got paid"
>others start asking what was in the bag
>they all start talking at the same time
>literally had to push my way through the swarm and get into my car

That neighborhood is known for higher crime rate - mugging, car break ins, murders. Legit could've been stabbed or robbed and nobody would ever know who did it.
>>
There is no way (((your rideshare employer))) is going to be okay with a driver going around armed. Buy a saturday night special, don't ever tell anyone about it, work on finding a different part time job.
>>
>>34125550
No, it is against the policy to be armed, but I don't need to tell anybody. A lot of drivers have guns on them regardless.
>>
>>34125522
learn a skill or trade then you wont have to do the current-year version of working retail

there's a reason why cabbies are scumbags, and rideshare drivers are glorified cabbies
>>
>>34125522
Ride share companies hate gun ownership. See the Chicago(?) uber driver who used his CCW to stop a potential mass shooter. He saved the day, and how did uber respond? They fired him and banned all customers and employees from carrying in their vehicles.

That being said, the SR22 isn't a terrible defense pistol. Get one of those 5 round magazine extensions if you can get it to feed reliably and practice with it. Keep it clean and shoot high velocity ammo to aid in reliability.
>>
>>34125571
I heard about that. I have a trade, but I'm between jobs and I have to pay the bills somehow.

I don't care if I get fired, I can always work for Lyft.
>>
>>34125571
>potential mass shooter
That's anyone with a gun senpai. Call be after he commits the crime. Second place isn't counted as a victory
>>
>>34125550
I've spoken to about 6 Uber drivers about guns to and from the shooting range and they all carried.
>>
File: Serbu Short.jpg (195KB, 1200x697px) Image search: [Google]
Serbu Short.jpg
195KB, 1200x697px
>>34125522
Don't CC a .22 when you know you can do better. Buy something that's a .38, .380 or 9mm. If you want to keep it small then go with a .32 (like beretta tomcat) but anything below that is just taking unnecessary risks.
>>
>>34125604
Dang that looks sexy as fuck. Are those shotguns too short to be legal?

And yes, I am going to save up for an upgrade. If I am getting stabbed or getting robbed inside my car, it's not like I could aim a .22 into their head for instant stopping power, and I'm afraid if I shoot them in the gut it won't instantly stop them from killing me.

I'd probably be shooting out of my pocket or something. Gonna look for a nice 9mm and put some hollow points in that.

I also hear memes on here about .45 being the best for self defense, how reliable are those claims?
>>
>>34125630

""""""""""legal""""""""""""""""""

The Serbu Super Shortyis classified as an SBS, a class 3 item. Needs a tax stamp. Not impossible, just an incredible pain in the ass. Hard to cc too.
>>
File: knify spoony.jpg (52KB, 882x626px) Image search: [Google]
knify spoony.jpg
52KB, 882x626px
>>34125645
>hard to cc
On your person? Maybe.
Inside your car like OP? Pretty much suited for that purpose!
Pretty sure the psychological effect alone would cause Tyrone to run when he approaches your window with his tiny stick-up gun.
>>
>>34125695
Yes, that gun looks like the perfect nignog blaster
>>
File: Carry-Pistols-1.jpg (91KB, 1200x558px) Image search: [Google]
Carry-Pistols-1.jpg
91KB, 1200x558px
>>34125702
It's pretty good for everyone regardless of skin colour.
>Murder Cube knows no discrimination, death comes to all
But seriously a Serbu Super Shorty might be overdoing it a bit. But try and upgrade to something with a bit more "Oompf!" than a plinker.
>>
>>34125645
No they are not classified as a sbs they are classified a aow and it's a $5 tax stamp not $200
>>
>>34125590
>No personal vehicle
What's it like, being a helpless babby?
>>
>work night shift at a gas station in a bad neighborhood
>not allowed to carry any kind of weapon, even a knife
i'm gonna die.
>>
>>34125730
Yea I agree, it's really good for wiping out niggers
>>
>>34125822
>aow

wait what
really? why

WHAT
>>
>>34126090
>not allowed
This isn't a videogame, nothing stopping you front carrying anyway.
>>
a .22 at close range can punch through a skull with no problems.

that caliber has a high kill count on the USA. If all you have is a .22 you a far from being defenseless.

you are not shooting rhinos you are shooting negros. a .22 is enough to get the job done.
>>
>>34125549
Fucking apes
>>
>>34125586
He was firing indiscriminately into a crowd of people
Whether he was a mass shooter or not depended entirely on how long he got to sit there and do it
>>
>>34126262
Theyve never had a stock attached to them or an 18"+ barrel
Something about their overall length contributes as well, i think
NFA is fucky, man
>>
>>34126280
And so what if you have to defend yourself and get fired for it. Are you really going to keep driving carless killer scumbags around after one tried to kill you already? After dealing with all the legal fallout and civil suit etc?

Once would be enough for me
>>
>>34125522
Get a cage divider for your car.
>>
>>34126424
At ehat point does one perform a critical self-evaluation and ask "what the actual fuck am I doing?"

If you're putting a defensive divider in your personally owned vehicle, it's time to find a new line of work
>>
>>34126424
>Uber bitches around in a decomissioned police car, divider and everything
>Crown Vic, the standard
>Extra safety, get a camera pointed at passenger compartment
>Paint it yellow to make it stand out
>Start building a fleet
>Change name to Pajeet
>Shit in the street
>>
>>34125522
some random thoughts here..
sounds to me like you could benefit from general EDC
keep a handgun, pocketknife, multitool, etc, with you at all times of the day (consider carrying a small light, if you dont already keep one)
I recommend keeping a first aid kit in the cab with you, too

Using a shoulder holster will allow you access to your handgun easily while seated..
Im 6'4" and CC an SP101 4.2" barrel
usually appendix position, inside the waistband,
(I alternate between that & an OWB pancake holster, strong side)
In my experience, belt-carry in general makes drawing from a sitting position difficult.
Galco makes some good shoulder rigs
>>
>>34125522
>letting strangers in your car and getting in cars with strangers
>>
>>34125561

a gun won't help much if you are driving

other person is either beside you or behind you

how exactly do you draw gun when they pull knife & put at your throat, or draw their own gun ?
>>
>>34126766
like op said, there are other factors like dangerous neighborhoods, etc
..threats present outside of the cab, etc

if someone threatens you with force, even in the cab, it's better to be armed than not..chances for effective self-defense might (and sometimes do) present themselves
>>
>>34125522
Both me and my best friend do a ride share job, first was to pay off a ticket now it's all for gun funds. When he started he used a shoulder holster and carried a G17. He wore a sports jacket/blazer just to loom professional but realized it was great for concealing and no one would be the wiser.

I followed his approach and it's actually very comfortable. I use a CZ 75BD in 9mm and I could go hours without making adjustments. Usually passengers sit in the back and never see the front of my body so I've never had anyone complain about printing or stuff like that.

If you're that worried about getting fired then you really need to look at another job or start a career. If it came down to it I'd rather get fired from a job I don't necessarily need than risking my life
>>
>>34125545
Why????
OP isnt going to be shooting elephants and bears, .22 is more than enough to kill some one. shut the fuck up.
>>
>>34127082
Would you happen to know the brand name of the jacket?
>>
>>34127176
Yeah, they'll maybe bleed out after they finished stabbing the fuck out of you.
>>
>>34127189
I'm not sure what he wears but I wear my Tom Ford Jacket I used for my brothers wedding. I always keep a dickies work jacket in my trunk in case surge goes up
>>
>>34126560
Blacks can afford uber?
>>
>>34125549
I know this feel

>be me
>be pizza delivery driver
>7pm ish
>deliver pizza to this pretty nice house
>knock on door, hear dog barking
>man, mid 30s, opens door dog behind him barking at me
>that will be $16.37 sir
>gives me money
>getting change out
>dog bites me, makes me drop change
>give dog a little kick so it leaves me alone
>man lunges at me and grabs arm
>pull out P-3AT
>doesnt let go of arm
>shoot him 3 times in chest
>wife comes to hall and starts screaming and runs to phone
>shoot at her 3 times and hit her once in the back
>shes on the ground bleeding and screaming
>walk over and double tap her in head
>hit her once and dry fire second time cuz the P-3AT doesnt have a slide stop
>walk out
>dog finally shut the fuck up
>take pizza and throw it in a dumpster a couple of blocks from the store
>get back to store tell coworkers the blood is pizza sauce
>pretty good night after that, make like $40 in tips for a 5 hour shift
>pheonix, 2013
>>
>>34126090
Carry anyway. What's important, you job or your life?
>>
>>34126262

Never machined as a "shotgun", machined as a pistol. Same deal with AR/AK pistols.
>>
>>34125561
I rode in an Uber one time and the driver had his CHL taped to the dash. Struck up a conversation about it and talked about his PX4 storm, said he liked it a lot. Didn't seem like he had an issue with it
>>
File: 1495685602233.jpg (63KB, 817x857px) Image search: [Google]
1495685602233.jpg
63KB, 817x857px
>>34127523
I call bullshit. Give me the address and specific date it occurred.
>>
File: 1491936257688.gif (676KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
1491936257688.gif
676KB, 255x170px
>>34127523
This is your self defense fantasy?
Having to shoot an old man who isnt armed
because your too limp wristed to shake him off?

At least make it a nigger with a knife or another gun or something
>>
>>34126560
I saw something once about a cabbie that vaporized unruly clients in the back seat. It was in a Heavy Metal magazine, but it made me think:

Could a cabbie/rideshare driver/uber driver install a system to kill the passenger if said passenger is intent to commit felony robbery? If so, how would you, the reader, accomplish such a task?

I know south Africa has a legal carjacking deterrent like a flamethrower, but those spew fire outside the vehicle.
>>
>>34126363
>Responding to trolls
>>
File: smith and wesson airweight.jpg (563KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
smith and wesson airweight.jpg
563KB, 2304x1536px
>>34125522
.38 snubnose in an ankle holster or a crossdraw holster and a 9mm in the glovebox
t.former cabbie
>>
>>34127176
whenever /k/ is discussing stopping power I remember that bum in Brazil who was shot in the face with a .38 I think, and kept going as if nothing happened.

he died shortly after but was able to disable and kill the attacker if memory serves. it was a hostage situation on the steps of a church.
>>
>>34128441
This is where technology would come in handy

>upstanding youth gets into the uber car
>upstanding youth intends to rob it
>as the car reaches its destination in a secluded area, the youth draws a knife and puts it to the drivers throat
>the driver doesn't blink
>the youth's confusion rapidly transforms into impatience, and then rage
>the youth stabs the driver
>the driver still does not react
>there is no blood
>the doors lock
>the uber car was actually a self driving car
>a bored call center worker in Gujarat saw the alarm when the mannequin got injured, glanced at the video feed, and activated the Zimmerman protocol
>carbon monoxide from the engine now vents into the passenger compartment
>car drives itself to a maintenance depot to remove the urine and stab wounds from the upholstery
>>
File: hammer.jpg (5KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
hammer.jpg
5KB, 302x167px
>>34125522
>I seek tips and advice from you as far as carrying and self defense goes.

1 have a weapon (gun, knife, hammer, shovel, padlock with 12in of steel chain)
2 don't tell people you are carrying, or if not a gun that it's for self defence
>i'm a truck driver and i have a 3lb hammer cuz DOT laws and interstate commerce and commercial vehicle bullshit
3 if you are mostly in a vehicle then keep weapon mostly in vehicle (next to a gear shifter is better then in a pants pocket you can't get to while sitting in driver seat)
4 pick a weapon that fits the place you are concealing it (.380 for in a pocket, 9mm for a car console, .45 revolver for driver side door pocket, etcetera...)(or camping shovel behind seat, hammer next to seat near gear shift)
5 try to pick weapon that compromises well in the things you need it to do (1 damage 2 concealability) try to find a happy middle ground
6 pick weapon that will do the amount of damage necessary for you to stop a most likely attack (.380 or .38 or 9mm) short range for stopping a carjacking or robbery, (6in non folding knife, hammer,) CQB for inside of car

summary is .380 or .38 or 9mm small gun to CC
or a short range melee weapon for CQB kept in car in a place that you can easily get your hands on it while sitting in driver seat
>>
File: 1494731497844.jpg (559KB, 1691x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1494731497844.jpg
559KB, 1691x1127px
>>34125522
get a gun w/o manual safety, loaded, 'n ready to rock; keep it close take some classes on how to use it. learn to draw and ddtap. i would fire it few times w/o hearing protection to understand how loud it really is. a da revolver is sexy too.
>>
File: Theredcarbesidethemwasacarbomb.jpg (196KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
Theredcarbesidethemwasacarbomb.jpg
196KB, 600x524px
>>34129104
>summary is .380 or .38 or 9mm small gun to CC
>or a short range melee weapon for CQB kept in car in a place that you can easily get your hands on it while sitting in driver seat

also use THE CAR ITSELF as a weapon for threats outside of vehicle
>carjacker tries to get in --floor it and drag his ass down the road
>large crowd trying to stop you and rob / kill you --- ramming speed
remember that the car you are in CAN become a 1000lb death machine
ether by accident or on purpose
>>
>>34128441
It's a movie called Heavy Metal, scene related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDtbhApINuU
>>
>>34129238
>either by accident or on purpose
That's one hell of a way to use a daily driver.

>>34129694
That's exactly the one! Now, how do we make it work for us and keep it concealed?
>>
>>34125546
This. Maximum reliability, tiny, and a lot more ass than .22.

Remember your state's laws about carrying in a vehicle. In FL, you can't have it on your person without a concealed permit, but you can have it anywhere else in the car as long as it IS 1) concealed (no part of gun showing) and 2) "securely encased" (which is as simple as a holster with a snap, center console, glove box, whatever.)
>>
>>34125522
>Chicago

Come on down, get a deep dish and a Chicago dog, you won't ever leave... Because you're going to get murdered.
>>
its almost like cabs are old police interceptors for a reason. putting a screen between you and a total stranger is a pretty smart idea.
>>
>>34125730
whats the pistol on the far left
>>
>>34125549
Next time have some self-preservation and take the janitor job over anything that involves visiting neighborhoods.
>>
I'm not familiar with the situation but I'm not sure how you can take precautions from getting stabbed in the back while driving unless you have some sort of police cage set up.
>>
>>34125522
can't do shit due when the guys behind you best you could do is install some kind of bullet proff shield behind you so they can't touch you or attack you
>>
>>34130217
Looks like a Beretta.
>>
>>34130251
i mean the one with the wood finish
>>
>>34127523
that would be a murder charge easily traceable to you dumbass
>>
>>34130293
Looks like a Beretta.
>>
>>34130452
looks like you're retarded
>>
>>34125522
Ruger LCP or LC9

buy a kydex holster for it with belt loops not a clip
>>
>>34125571
I wouldn't trust my life to my SR22, I've had it feed nothing at all, and double feed a number of times before I broke it in.

I'm about 600rds through it right now and the problems I was having at the start are definitely slowing down, but I'd trust my 1911 a lot more.
>>
>>34130452
Bersa thunder or something?
>>
>>34127523
>didn't say 'plus tip'
nice fake story faggot
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-01-21-21-54.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-01-21-21-54.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>34130457
>>34130293
If you're talking about this one, foreground far left with wood, then it's a Beretta 21
>>
>>34127523
>be me
>sitting in a coffee shop watching James Yaeger videos
>scanning my peripherals for bad guys
>see some movement in the corner behind me
>check my corners and begin slicing the pie
>see the waitress coming towards me
>tactically sidestep to avoid her but continue scanning the area for BGs
>knock over a man's coffee....collateral damage
>"hey bro you just....."
>tell him "sir you are posing an immediate danger to my safety and well being"
>he kicks out his chair and stands up
>can't take any chances any more
>take cover and draw my Dan Wesson Titan
>execute a Mozambique Drill on the BG
>ears ringing, smoke everywhere, people screaming
>a dog (boston terrier I think) starts borking at me really loud
>it begins to pose a threat to my situation
>draw Beretta Bobcat with supressor for this exact situation
>tactically dispatch of the K9
>people running and screaming
>cops show up
>explain to them that I acted in self defense for my immediate well being
>cop notices my glock hat and my perfectly trimmed goatee
>"sir I'm going to let you off on self defense, but make sure you use a larger round on these pooches, .22LR is for fudds and fags son!"
>Cops become range buddies, coffee shop cloases due to lead poisoning
>>
>>34130697
looks like a
>>34131782
>>
>>34128441
FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.