[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here own an m203? Is the dog tax easy to do with them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

Anyone here own an m203? Is the dog tax easy to do with them? Ive seen the chalk rounds and flares and whatnot, but is it possible to get actual explosives?
>>
>>34124571
Each explosive rounds if you can find them are taxed at $200 each I belive
>>
I remember seeing somewhere that 40mm chalk and flares were re classed as DDs recently
>>
>>34124586
But I could be wrong
>>
>>34124571
there is an anon who was gifted with an absurd amount of guns from his grandfather.

The pile included a M203 complete with parts and hookups. Gyroget and full auto MP5
>>
>>34124586
I've been reading up on this. its a lie, and was started by a misreading of an ar15 forum post about a guy having his IR flares confiscated because theyre stolen government property.

>>34124577
I'm aware. Probably wont be getting more than one or two if any, and its doubtfull I'll ever fire one even if I do buy any. Im just curious about them.
>>
>>34124571
yes, you just have to find someone to sell to you. MOQ for M433 HE grenades is around 200 rounds of ammo, at $240 each.
>>
Same process as any other NFA. Wait time is 9-14 months, $200 fee for the tube.

Now I would assume that the same $200 fee and 9-14 month wait would apply to each HEDP grenade as they are destructive devices, but I've never seen a transferrable grenade come up for sale. I've seen lots of flares and smoke, but no high explosive so I'm not sure there are even any transferrable examples. They may exist, but the registry closed in 1986 and if they do, they are scant in number indeed.

You can look through sturmgewehr or subguns, which I do regularly, but I doubt you'll find a transferrable 40mm HEDP. Even flares are quite rare.
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/forum/5-nfa-market-board/
http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/
>>
>>34124614
I can always get 37mm or 12ga insert conversions for it for smoke/flare/slug/dummy rounds/etc.
How often do the tear gas cannisters come up for sale? Ive seen them on gunbroker occasionally.
>>
>>34124571
Also.

The type more popular now is the type that hooks up to the bottom of a picatinny rail.

Athletically speaking I prefer the old school barrel attachment type.

The one that attaches to the bottom rail has been known to cause cheaper ff tubes to break.

If it were me if I had the room I'd get the old school style that attaches to the barrel (personal preference) or probably a stand alone unit. The nice thing about stand alone units is that it doesn't add weight to a rifle when you're not using it and you can put flares and fire works in it to shoot off on the 4th of July without scaring the shit out of a bunch of normies because you're carrying around an AR.
>>
>>34124659
I have a retro clone, If I get one its going to be an m203 with a heatshield mount.
>>
>>34124614
You idiot the machinegun registry does not apply to destructive devices such as M203s or explosive rounds.
>>
Just bought a hornets nest, now off to find a 40mm.
>>
>>34125703
an m203 launcher is literally labeled as a destructive device
so is a pipe bomb
you are stupid those are both registered destructive devices you can buy on the open transferrable market
>>
>>34128108
You fucking idiot the 1986 ban did not affect non automatic DDs. You can buy new production M203s for 1800 USD you fucking brainless cocksucker.
>>
File: 0M4-M203-TacLight.jpg (78KB, 1195x837px) Image search: [Google]
0M4-M203-TacLight.jpg
78KB, 1195x837px
>>34130549
no you cannot there is no distinction in restriction between silencer short barrel machine gun or destructive device they are all equally controlled under the nfa
thats specifically why there are 37mm smooth bore launchers available so that you dont have to go through nfa hoops because 40mm launchers are rifled and a rifled firearm larger than 0.50" bore is what???? a DESTRUCTIVE DEVICE you moron
why cant you buy a new DESTRUCTIVE DEVICE manufactured after 1986? bceause the hughes ammentment bans them by feature
only dealers can buy new M203s or any rifled grenade launcher unless they were put on the registry before 1986

please stop typing you are too stupid to opine on this topic
>>
>>34131089
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/632395618

Tell me where it says post sample only.
>>
File: babbyeye.gif (2MB, 299x224px) Image search: [Google]
babbyeye.gif
2MB, 299x224px
>>34131123
>registered as a Destructive Device (DD) on a Form 3
holy shit dude
>>
File: IMG_1301.jpg (150KB, 682x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1301.jpg
150KB, 682x682px
>>34131089
Wait are you saying that only SBRs and suppressors made and registered prior to May of 1986 can be owned by non FFLs?

Weird. I must be an ffl then for these form 1s and this form 4
>>
>>34131137
>Any SOT can transfer up to 2 DDs a year, so you don't need an 09/10/11 FFL to transfer this to you if you're out of state

Why would an ffl need an ffl to transfer an item to them?
>>
>>34131139
no i didnt mean to give that impression im saying that they are all treated the same way legally
>>
>>34131146
because hes talking to other ffls
dude are you serious?
>>
>>34124614
Nobody closed the DD registry you fucking retarded tripfag.
>>
>>34131149
>no you cannot there is no distinction in restriction between silencer short barrel machine gun or destructive device they are all equally controlled under the nfa

>only dealers can buy new M203s or any rifled grenade launcher unless they were put on the registry before 1986

There is no distinction according to you, but they're handled differently.
Make up your mind you fucking idiot. If you're trolling I'll give you a 7/10 but if you're serious, I would really encourage you to continue looking into this because you're wrong. There is only a closed MG registry.
DDs are not on the MG registry. You can buy M203 barrelless receivers and register them yourself as a DD on a form 1 and then install a 40mm rifled barrel. There's like 3 on GB right now
>>
>>34131123
>$1,399
I need to get me one of these.
>>
>>34131170
Oh that's cool, I was wondering how that shop that was in the news last year making pipe bombs on Form 3s was doing it.

Why is it I haven't ever seen an HE grenade for sale tho? If new ones can be registered any time, they should be all over the classifieds.
>>
>>34131213
Probably because GE or Ruag or whoever doesn't want to sell them to civilians. There aren't many companies that make explosive ammo.
>>
>>34131244
Seems irrelevant if an SOT can still buy them as an intermediary. SOT buys them, puts them on Form 3, offers to civs at greatly increased price.

So SOTs can't buy them either? If that were the case then the end result would be the same.
>>
>>34131089
this is pretty good bait or you're a complete retard, anon.
>>
>>34131275
I'm sure FFL3/SOT7s can, however either A) whoever makes them doesn't like that and refuses to do business with them again, or B) there's not really a market for 40mm grenades (especially at the hugely inflated price they would demand) so no one bothers.
>>
>>34131089
Tge 1986 MACHINEGUN BAN did not affect all DDs like you mentioned you dick licking chromosome hoarder. Do you need stamp? Yes. Do you need to buy a pre 86 grenade launcher or grenade round on a regestry? No.
>>
>>34131321
>Dick licking chromosome hoarder
Haha I have more chromosomes than you!
>>
File: 40mmChalk.jpg (84KB, 822x254px) Image search: [Google]
40mmChalk.jpg
84KB, 822x254px
I have one

>>34124586
>>34124596
>>34124607
Pic related
>>34124614
You can get HEDP you just need a FEL and bunker
>They may exist, but the registry closed in 1986 and if they do, they are scant in number indeed.
What the fuck?
>>
File: Launcher.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Launcher.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34131089
>why cant you buy a new DESTRUCTIVE DEVICE manufactured after 1986? bceause the hughes ammentment bans them by feature
Shit man, i better turn this in
>>
>>34124571
>Is the dog tax easy to do with them?
ATF will ask you extra questions about a DD, especially one that launches explosives
>>34131275
>>34131316
40mm HE is scarce due to the fact that it is regulated as an explosive and a destructive device by the ATF. So you must file a $200 stamp for each round, store them in an ATF approved magazine, transport them in compliance with local and federal explosive regulations and possess a FEL to utilize them. Most users of the grenades are tax free/exempt users (government) so most of these regulations are treated differently.

Theoretically you could form 1 a binary 40mm HE round. Mix and fire it on site sort of deal. The ATF has approved grenades in this fashion and would probably approve a 40mm HE round. However there are several issues with this:
1. Building a fused HE projectile yourself that wont detonate in the barrel
2. UXO procedures incase your round fails to explode
3. Limited areas to fire/detonate them
4. Local regulations on utilizing explosives
5. $200 per round, ATF will probably not approve a reloadable casing

So its up to you
>>34124614
>Even flares are quite rare.
This is because all 40mm rounds are 2nd and 3rd hand products since no 40mm munition manufacturer will sell to civilians
>>
>>34131089
very good bait
>>
>>34131424
But you don't even have that, it's sitting in some dank safe alone and afraid.
>>
File: BurtTheFuckOut.jpg (1MB, 3680x2680px) Image search: [Google]
BurtTheFuckOut.jpg
1MB, 3680x2680px
>>34131607
(you)
>>
>>34131640
Waiting on your stamp still? Do they make 37mm barrels for those that mount correctly? I want one for my M16A2 badly but the market for 40mm accessories is limited. There are a ton of self reloader kits for 37mm but only one or two for 40.
>>
>>34131701
>Do they make 37mm barrels for those that mount correctly?
Some people on gunbroker do
>There are a ton of self reloader kits for 37mm but only one or two for 40.
http://reloadableshells.com/index.php?id_category=8&controller=category

Keep in mind, 37mm is only a signaling device as long as you only fire rounds with a non lethal intent. Beanbag, CS, buckshot,etc are all haram on 37mm without a stamp. You are limited to rolling your own chalk (since 40mm chalk wont work) and smoke/flare rounds

40mm reloading is pretty straight forward and well documented
>>
>>34131724
Yeah, id probably only rip flares out of it, or some of the DIY smoke grenades available for 37/40mm.

I'm too butthurt over 41f to submit any more stamps right now.
>>
>>34131744
Thats pretty lame my dude, if you're going to spend $1210 on a stripped receiver to shoot flares you might as well just stamp it for 40mm.
>I'm too butthurt over 41f to submit any more stamps right now.
PrinceLaw and GuntrustGuru have good writeups on how to fill out the new F1 paper. It auto populates most fields so its really straight forward.
>>
>>34131089
>and a rifled firearm larger than 0.50" bore is what????
A shotgun!

I bet you cant define shotgun either (according to the BATFE). Just get over it, the government sucks and cant make rational decisions.
>>
>>34131781
It's more the fingerprints and photo shit, though that's worth checking out since I want to send a few more F1s in. Thanks for the info
>>
>>34131804
>I bet you cant define shotgun either (according to the BATFE). Just get over it, the government sucks and cant make rational decisions.
Sporting exemption
>>34131805
Photo is Walgreens
Fingerprints are a bit more of a pain, my CLEO allows walk in same day printing and will give you multiple copies. I just grab about 10 or so every time I go in.
>>
>>34131804
Shotguns don't have rifled barrels.
>>
>>34132210
A lot of slug guns do
>>
>>34133819
ur moms pussy has a rifled barrel
>>
>>34132210
>MOST Shotguns don't have rifled barrels.
ftfy
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.