[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does /k/ buy ammo? >inb4 reloads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 20170525_170339.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_170339.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Where does /k/ buy ammo?

>inb4 reloads
>>
>>34124279
Online.
>>
>>34124279
Whittaker's Guns
>>
>>34124279
Cabela's and Dick's since they have the lowest prices.
>>
>>34124284
Could you recommend a site good sir?
>>
>>34124279
All over the place.
>SG Ammo
>Underwood
>Palmetto State
>Target Sports

Basically whoever has what I'm looking for, for the cheapest shipped at the time.

>couple of sites to help you on your way
http://gun-deals.com/ammo

http://ammoseek.com/
>>
I rob the truck drivers behind outdoors stores when they deliver the boxes
>>
AIM for obscure and obsolete calibers
SGammo for most everything else
Also, a little known gem is Bone Frog Gun Club. They have some wicked awesome deals from time to time (and despite being called "club" you don't have to join anything)
>>
>>34124279
Cabelas and Walmart. Pawn shop when I need 9mm or 45 because they hire retards that only look at the year and not the month and apparently can't see "under 21" printed on the license.
>>
I buy the cheapest reloads possible
they are held together with duct tape
>>
>>34124357
just buy it for your hipoint carbine
>>
Target Sports.

Pros:

- Usually the cheapest, or close to the cheapest.
- Free shipping on 1000 round (or more) purchases.
- Discrete packaging, completely standard cardboard box affair. No logos.
- Huge ass selection, and they sell their ammo in 50 round boxes, even if it normally comes in 20 (usually).

Cons:

- Kinda bad about sending an email about tracking but you can just call them with your order number and get it that way.

They are also coming out with something called Target Prime or some shit, which is essentially Amazon Prime but for ammo. You pay a small fee, and you get to buy their ammo at literally whole rates (what they buy it for in the first place), and free shipping on orders over 1000 rounds. They don't have a date for this yet, but the concept of this makes my dick hard.
>>
Really depends on what caliber/bullet type. i buy steel case 223 where ever it's cheapest for a case. I buy tula 9mm at walmart because it's the cheapest. I buy most of my other 9mm from SG, they always have good selection and prices even if im just buying a couple boxes, they always ship fast too unlike some places that lollygag for a week.
>>
cabela gift cards off ebay makes buying shit at cabela pretty cheap, especially during sales.
>>
>>34124504
I've tried literall that, it didn't work.
>>
>>34124626
why not just buy it online?
>>
File: IMG_20170324_233737_249.jpg (3MB, 2789x2789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170324_233737_249.jpg
3MB, 2789x2789px
Academy sporting goods, Wal-Mart. Occasionally Freedom Munitions and Cabelas

I only order from FM if I'm buying more than a couple of boxes (which I rarely do). I only buy from Cabelas if I need a caliber normal stores don't carry (like 7.62 Nagant).
>>
>>34124668
I usually do. I only buy in store when my friends want to shoot same day.
>>
>>34124695
so you dont keep any ammo on hand?
>>
>>34124279
Usually sports academy for anything normal (9mm, 7.62x39, the regular shit)

I always stock up at gun shows for things like 8mm Mauser, 7.62x25, and the other oddball shit I enjoy.
I used to just go to my bro tier LGS, but sadly Craig's Gun and Tactical has gone the way of the dodo...
>>
>>34124705
Only defensive ammo for the handguns. Only a couple hundred for my AR and a box for everything else.
>>
>>34124730
w/e works for you. i like to be able to just grab some ammo and go to the range, not having to spend precious range time going to store 1st.
>>
>>34124279
All my ammo is free-range vegan ammo, locally grown by a small group of Buddhist monks
>>
>>34124756
I would keep more on hand but I'm a NEET now. Got separated from the army after apft failure so now my job applications make it look like I've been setting on my ass since high school.
>>
LGS I work at part time, we stock odd caliber stuff and I get a discount
>>
Depends what I'm looking for
>normal 9mm, 45acp, 308, bird shot
wally world
>sub 9mm
online remans
>22
dicks/field and stream
>762x39
who ever has golden tiger
>7.5 swiss
who ever has gp11
>357
bought a shit ton when sports authority went out
>40, 30-30, 45lc, 32, 44, 38, 223
dont shoot enough of it to care.
>>
Do I need it NOW? Walmart.
Do I need it later? Gunbot.
>>
>>34124303

targetsportsusa.com

low prices, low shipping, good selection
>>
File: #P1070368.jpg (780KB, 1982x648px) Image search: [Google]
#P1070368.jpg
780KB, 1982x648px
>>34124279
For bulk rifle ammo, normally, I go to gun-deals.com/(caliber of my choice) and get my ammo from whoever is selling the brand I want for the least dollars. I buy some from my local gun shops too, but they all too often just have overpriced hunting ammo and not things priced to sell bulk.

For 12ga, I almost exclusively buy it from my local gun shops. I avoid buying from big box stores and try to support regular shops even if it's slightly more expensive. I'd miss the hell out of them if they weren't around.
>>
I could get it for cheaper online but been getting most of mine at Cabellas. They have a better selection than other places, fairly decent store. I prefer a brick location over buying online so it's cool having them around even though I pay a bit more, other stores would just google it and order it off line then mark it up. Only other local place I would wanna buy some bullets off is the local gun store he's got some better selection for weird calibers than cabellas I'd probably buy more expensive bullets from his store than from cabellas since it's a smaller place that does less business.
>>
Walmart, LGS, and flea market.
About 30 minutes from my house there is a xboxhuge flea market. Multiple surplus guys, multiple fudds selling rifles and scattergats, and the ammo guy. Always try to get there early for ammo guy before shit gets picked over. 2 weeks ago I bought 40 rounds of .35 rem corlokt for $10, 100 rounds of 9mm tulammo for $10 and 100 rounds of magtech .380 for $5. Ammo guy had 200 rounds of 30-30 and he only wanted $50. I thought about getting it even thoigh I dont own a gun in that caliber. Ammo guy is quite popular at the flea market.
>>
>>34127614
Better selection in terms of quality, where if you look up the selection of both the best one is one of the options there. So if there were two boxes of different stuff in the same caliber he's got one that's okay, then one that is probably better than anything else you're going to find on another shelf or even just looking online.
>>
>>34124303
ammoseek
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.