[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSA Freedom Carbine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 508052right34.jpg (247KB, 3533x1674px) Image search: [Google]
508052right34.jpg
247KB, 3533x1674px
I just purchased a PSA Freedom Carbine as my first AR. I will also be buying an assload of 5.56 and pmags. What else should I get for this fucking thing?
>>
>>34121563
>What else should I get for this fucking thing?

A sling
>>
>>34121563
New handguard
>>
>>34121563
https://www.amazon.com/HOLOSUN-HS403C-Solar-Power-Micro/dp/B00U2KMVCI/ref=sr_1_4?s=sports-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1496280111&sr=1-4&keywords=holosun

With a solid Quick Detach mount.
>>
Probably a rear mbus
>>
I have no personal experience with them, but I've heard that Fieldsport makes a decent red dot for cheap.
>>
an iron sight, thats it.
>>
>>34121770
Any suggestions for cost effective 3 point slings?
>>34121785
Why?
>>34121849
link?
>>
>>34121967
Here's a link to the Fieldsport:

https://www.amazon.com/FieldSport-Micro-Sight-Precision-Green/dp/B00Y3SZEJC
>>
KAC Micro off of ebay. Are you carrying this into the woods? Get a sling. Home defense? Get a flashlight. .223/5.56 is the best thing you can get; practice, practice, practice.
>>
>>34122019
How much do those KACs go for?
>>
>>34122019
~$60-70 even less if you shop around. Used but a damn good price for something that was $140.
>>
>>34122004
Just bought this cheap ass red dot. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>34121967
>Any suggestions for cost effective 3 point slings?

3 points are no good, not quite sure why you want a 3 point specifically. Get a 2 point from
>Blueforce Gear
>Viking Tactics
>Sierra Tac
>Magpul

This is a good video pertaining to slings and the why behind certain designs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=027I0344iLs

Since you need sights, look into
>Magpul MBUS pro
>USMC KAC rear (!!!DO NOT BUY A FAKE!!!)

>>34122019
Agree with this guy. If you're going to use it for home defense, a light is an absolute must. No argument. I can give you some insight and some considerations I had before picking what I did but for now, I think it would be beneficial to just get a good rear iron sight, sling and an assload of ammo and practice. Avoid wasting money on things you don't need, it is a common pitfall many new AR owners fall into.

Hell, you can even get a $60 class from the appleseed project. That'll do you a lot of good towards becoming a proficient marksman, which you can then start taking more advanced carbine classes if that's your thing.
>>
>>34122118
>Just bought this cheap ass red dot. Any other suggestions?

If you are the OP, or just anyone.
Cancell. It.

$20 for a red dot, shit is not quality and it will break. That thing is made for airsoft and you will only be frustrated with it. It is not designed to withstand hard use or even the recoil impulse of a real firearm. I will say again, you will be frustrated and out of $20.
>>
Not to hijack OPs thread, but, is it worth getting one of these PSA ARs right now (as they're cheap) or saving up for one of the more expensive M4geries like BCM, Colt, Ect?

I'm currently using an MAS 49/56, but, I can't shoot it at the local range and I'd really like to learn more about close-quarters carbine work instead.
>>
>>34122118
My only other suggestion is a light just like others have said.
>>
File: 1475521121498.png (819KB, 701x706px) Image search: [Google]
1475521121498.png
819KB, 701x706px
>>34121563
>>
>>34122159
Only buy a PSA if you a broke, or already have other rifles and just want one to fuck with. Otherwise, there are naked colts and aero precisions on sale all time at places like brownells. Usually just need furniture and a rear sight.
>>
>>34122159
For strictly for plinking and fun, sure. I would strongly look into getting a more properly built rifle like a Colt or BCM.

https://primaryandsecondary.com/semper-paratus-arms-ar-15-armorer-course-aar/
>>
>>34121563
Depends on what you plan for it, get your sights figured out first, make sure it hits where you point, you dont have to break the bank but get a decent red dot, dont waste money on cheep shit, you'll end up with a drawer full of meme gear. I scoped one of mine and a good trigger helped my accuracy shooting golf balls at 100yrds but not needed for just playing around
>>
>>34121563
Get a cheap KAC M4 RAS handguard and an inforce WML.
If you like the stock m4 furniture, get a TMC 1" light mount from impact weapons and a 1inch light like a surefire g2 led.
Put an inexpensive rear sight on it like a Magpul BUIS or Aero Precision sight. Get a Primary Arms Micro Dot with the PA cowitness riser. I wouldn't bother with a magnifier.
Get a magpul sling.
Get lots of mags.
Get a a few thousand rounds of the brass 223 shit that is on sale all the time.
etc etc etc.
>>
Is yours one with the 1:7 twist black nitrided barrel?

OP's pic barrel looks more like parkerizing than the nitrided barrel which is much blacker and darker than the surrounding parts.

Anyways I'm just bringing it up because I have an upper with the FN CHF barrel and one with the no-name black nitrided barrel (1/3 the cost) that easily bests it in accuracy and is the only gun I own which is consistently sub-MOA. Does anyone know who sources these barrels?
>>
File: 45jkb35998345vv384598b.jpg (51KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
45jkb35998345vv384598b.jpg
51KB, 600x598px
>>34122184

what the fuck would actually happen if you fired that? does that open up enough space to make it kaboom?
>>
>>34122225
>>34122205

So, something like this that I then add handguard/stock/irons to?

http://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/ar-15-6920-oem1-16-1in-5-56x45mm-nato-matte-black-30-1rd-prod89678.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=colt

Anything else that I'd need (aside from the light for home-defense).

You guys are way more helpful than /arg/ - thanks
>>
>>34122389
Yeah, you could go that route. Also needs a trigger guard I think. I have so much of the stock m4 furniture laying around, I'm tempted to buy a rifle like just to use it up.

Nah, besides a light/sling/ammo you'll be set.

Just FYI, get the Colt if you want the Colt name. Otherwise, get the Aero Precision
http://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/5-56mm-nato-oem-mid-length-16-rifle-sku100018335-81838-174289.aspx

Use code L9Q for like $20 off and free shipping.

You'd need to get a free float hand guard and a front sight though (get the aero precision flip up sight set, it's tits).
>>
>>34122441
Is there any difference in quality between Aero and Colt?

I'll admit that with Colt I know I'm overpaying but there's at least some level of standards I'l hit. I don't know anything about aero's quality/manufacturing tolerances.

Also, are these M4 style feedramps and are they staked correctly?
>>
>>34122469
AERO is top notch everything.
>>
>>34122469
Aero makes awesome shit, and it's all proper. I would buy it over the colt, but if the colt were in the same range, I'd buy it over the aero...does that make sense? If you have the cash for the Colt, get it, you'll be happy with it. Just know prices are coming down everywhere, so it'll be cheaper at some point.
>>
>>34122159
Nothing wrong with a PSA AR. I have a 20" freedom kit I put on an Anderson lower with a carry handle. Total cost was $500, and I think that's just fine for a rifle I plan on otherwise leaving stock. Maybe add some sort of optic later, but no plans for changing handguards or anything else.
>>
>>34122517
This is true. I've "built" maybe 5 or so PSA rifles. Never really had any major trouble with them. Just threw together one of their AR10's actually. Decent for the moolah.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.