[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to saw open a bullet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: bullet.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
bullet.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Okay for the sake of sounding like a retard I'm trying to saw open pic related to gain access to gunpowder for a cannon test b/c too poor to buy actual gunpowder.

What's the safest way to gain access to that sweet sweet gunpowder.
>>
>>34120606
>can't figure out how to take apart a shell
>cannon test
Do yourself a favor and stop now.
>>
>>34120606
actual gunpowder is cheaper and that isnt the kind of powder cannons usually use.

Also judging by how stupid you come across in this post i hope you enjoy being dead when your cannon turns out to be more of an IED.
>>
Pop out the primer by hitting it against the corner of a table or counter. Got to slam it pretty hard and right in the center to get it to fall out.
>>
School has only been out for like a week but you still have the urge to learn, dont you? Something to show off to the sophmore ladies next year?

Anywho, >>34120670 is the way to do it! Good luck and post pics
>>
File: 1487829517910.png (264KB, 864x722px) Image search: [Google]
1487829517910.png
264KB, 864x722px
>>34120670
>>
Just get a pair of needle-nose pliers and a box cutter

If you can figure it out from there you really shouldn't be doing whatever you were planning on doing
>>
just use a knife and slice off the top of the plastic shell, then dump the shot out. pull the wad out with need nose pliers then the gunpowder should be left at the bottom. or you could just buy gunpowder
>>
>>34120646
fpbp
>>
>>34120606
You shouldn't really, but I know you'll try anyway, so at least you can do it the right way - simply pry the top (the star part) with something like a thin screw driver, or cut around it with a sharp knife (cut around like 5mm from the top) and you'll see the pellets or slug. Take them out, remove the shot cup, which is a (usually) clear plastic cylinder keeping the pellets together and you'll get direct access to the powder (you can find youtube videos about removing shot and powder from shotgun shells). Through this whole process, take care with flame and most important be careful with the little round nub at the bottom. That's the primer - you hit it too hard or warm it hot enough and it goes boom together with your hand. Again,don't be an idiot, don't try powder cannons, potato cannons are simpler, usually legal and much less riskier.
>>
>>34120606
dude, do some research first. Make fucking sure your cannon is legal (afaik most muzzleloaders are as long as they're not firing explosive projectiles. state law may vary from fed)

secondly make goddamn sure your pressure vessel is functional and can withhold the pressures. What are you using? do you know the volume of the chamber? Do you know what pressures you're going to reach with X amount of powder?

last dont fucking cut open shotshells for powder. It's smokeless powder that burns way faster and will reach higher pressures compared to actual black powder for cannons or generic muzzleloading powder like pyrodex (they make different varieties, again do your research). You can buy jugs of powder at walmart or any other sporting goods place for muzzleloaders, which i assume what your cannon is. Make sure you swab the barrel with a wet rag to prevent cookoffs while youre loading the next shot, making a mistake can easily kill you.

again i have to stress, check the law. I'm no lawyer but i know plenty of people who do black powder cannons legally, so i know its possible. Do not make a fucking bomb, even unintentionally. Check your engineering. Don't be like Royal Nonesuch of other dipshit "diy firearms engineers". Cannons can be great fun but you HAVE TO DO THEM PROPERLY. Not a halfassed drunken welded-steel-water-pipe affair. If you want something fun, a little dangerous (but far less than a BP cannon), cheaper, and less responsibility and care required, start with a standard PVC hairspray-fueled potato cannon. Then work your way up as you read and learn. Potato cannons can still fuck you up bad though if you fuck up.
>>
>>34120796
Not op, but does that mean I can't shoot another paper cartridge out of a Bess since black powder is technically explosive?
>>
>>34120606
ya gotta saw those can-shaped bullets down the middle because there's a cup in the middle. I use a skill saw myself, just don't try to hold it with your toes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.