[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shooting with glasses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 12341242142.jpg (93KB, 738x488px) Image search: [Google]
12341242142.jpg
93KB, 738x488px
Hey /k/, had to get glasses recently (not terrible eyes, can still see without them for the most part but hard to make out out the target details at 100 meters) and I've been having some issues getting a decent cheek weld.

I can get the cheek weld on the rifle just fine but when I look down the sights the line of sight is pretty much just on the farms, so if my glasses are pushed as far back as possible I see fine but if they slide just a tiny bit forward I get double vision. Any anons have some useful insight on how to fix this (without having to buy a different pair preferably)?
>>
>>34120163
If your glasses are sliding down your nose the arms are not adjusted properly. If they are metal bend the part behind your ears until they don't slide down. If they are plastic boil some water and dip the angle where it bends behind your ears in the water until it's soft enough to bend without breaking. Or if you're a pussy go back to where you got them and they have hot sand they will dip them in to get them hot enough to adjust.
>>
>>34120163
I just wear contacts. Just makes it easier to do a lot of stuff, and I think I look less ugly.

If you want, you can also get prescription eyepro. I found a pair for under $30. I'll leave a link.

http://www.zennioptical.com/mens-full-rim-acetate-plastic-eyeglass-frames-708021.html
>>
>>34120200
Maybe slide down wasn't the correct term, they stay on my face where they should be well enough, the problem is they basically have to be pressed right into my eye socket to let me look down the sight fine otherwise the frame basically gets right in there. Pic related.

>>34120270
Considered getting contacts but they seem like kind of a hassle to maintain and insert/remove, also heard they can potentially damage your cornea if you fuck it up. How they working out for you?
>>
File: P1100504.jpg (508KB, 1200x648px) Image search: [Google]
P1100504.jpg
508KB, 1200x648px
>>34120345
Of course I'd forget the pic
>>
>>34120358
You basically have four possible solutions:

1) get larger glasses (zennioptical.com)

2) reposition your head

3) Mount an optic

4) Buy an AR and throw all slav shit in the trash
>>
File: Jamn_Black1500.jpg (131KB, 1500x785px) Image search: [Google]
Jamn_Black1500.jpg
131KB, 1500x785px
get yourself a pair of virginity protectors
>>
>>34120358
I get around this by using full moon glasses.
>>
>>34120270
>>34120450
Wouldn't those thick ass rims just make the problem worse?
>>
>>34120532
The rim is not a problem if your lens is taller so that the frame isn't in your line of sight.

Go to zennioptical and look at frames. They show you the measurements you want some frames that have lenses which are taller than the ones you have now. Like look at the glasses in the pic in your OP those are much taller than the ones you are wearing. He'd have to look almost straight up to see the frame.
>>
>>34120163
>if my glasses are pushed as far back as possible I see fine but if they slide just a tiny bit forward I get double vision.

that is strange as fuck. maybe your eyes still arent used to them or something?
>>
>>34120358
OK, this will be noticeably more *painful * if that is the word to use, but for me, same problem, I just use a more parallel cheek weld. Adjust your head in pic to be more upright, but eye position is the same
>>
>>34120582
Of course, I'm just saying both those glasses don't look particularly taller than the ones I have, only they have thicker rims.

>>34120590
I mean if they slide down and I'm looking down the sight I see basically right where the frame is, so I'm seeing half corrected vision and half uncorrected, kind like the floating finger trick.
Not like having the lenses too far from my eyes suddenly fucks my vision, I can take them off and look through a lens like a foot from my face and still see though it fine.

>>34120637
Considered that, seems like that would hurt your neck like a motherfucker if you did it for any extended period of time.
>>
>>34120358

Your glasses are not supposed to be pushed so far up that they touch your eyelashes, you just haven't completely adjusted to the lenses yet. Make sure they are not lifting up when you place your cheek or if you have ear muffs on. They should be stable and you should not be getting double vision unless the lenses were cut or positioned wrong, are the wrong prescription to correct the issue, or you are actively unfocusing your eyes. I am extremely myopic with astigmatism and can still focus on pistol and rifle sights properly.

Looking at the picture, you are looking through the rim of the glass instead of the center like you are supposed to. You are also probably getting chromatic aberration. The glasses do not fit correctly if having them any higher puts them that close to your eyes.
>>
>>34120663
Didn't think about muffs so I decided to test muffs the moment you mentioned them.

Jesus anon, it's like the secret formula right there, the moment I put them on the problem was fixed completely.
>>
>>34120163
alternative is to get a glasses strap. you will look like a certified nerd but your glasses will be forever cinched to your face.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.