[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would any /k/ommandos go shooting outdoors in the rain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

File: sniper-rifle-rain.jpg (94KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
sniper-rifle-rain.jpg
94KB, 852x480px
Would any /k/ommandos go shooting outdoors in the rain?
>>
>>34117094
Nope.
Sprinkles are ok for a while, but not rain.
>>
>>34117094
I do sometimes. It's good practice for shooting in non-ideal conditions.
>>
>>34117094
Sure, I have pretty decent rain gear.
>>
>>34117094
I'll drive to the outdoor public range on rainy days and hop out when the rain breaks so I can have the range to myself. But actually shooting in the rain? That would suck, only if someone was shooting back.
>>
>>34117094
ITT: Mall ninja city kids who have never been hunting in their lives.
>>
For rabbits yeah, the cunts pour out of their holes in the thousands when the rain turns off.
>>
>>34117094
How could you be a /k/ommando and not have?
I've shot in the rain, in a thunderstorm, in snow, in 20°f, and 95°f with tropical humidity.
Are you really afraid of a little water?
>>
>>34117164

This.
>>
>>34117094
Yes, I'm the fucking post office of plinking.
>>
>>34117094
Not with muh milsurp(other than cheap 91/30 nagant) but anything I own that's polymer instead of wood I will, and do.
>>
Hell fucking no

I'm not letting my princess get wet

God forbid she gets dirty from buildup

I take great pains to keep my baby clean
>>
All the time.

Rain weeds out all the funds and pussies
>>
>>34117380
It's true. The time I went to the range and it was -25 Celsius with high winds, only other dude there was some guy with an Eastern European accent firing off an SKS and a mosin.
>>
>>34117094
I like to go hunting for niggers in the rain with my flintlock musket. I just have to remember to attach my mini umbrella over the pan and frizzen.
>>
Yeah, but it's hard to shoot any real distance. Heavy rain limits visibility pretty hard. There have been times I couldn't even see the target at 200.
>>
>>34117164
Bretty much this. I actually prefer shooting in the rain as its more of a challenge and it helps fulfill my war fantasies
>>
>>34117094
Sure. Most outdoor ranges have shelters.
>>
>>34117094
Shooting trap with shot in a heavy rain is awesome, like using tracers except it's the rain.
>>
WA bro it's either I do or I wait till summer. I don't mind doing a little extra when cleaning.
>>
>>34117164
This is why i hunt with exclusively with my enfield. I drag that shit thru the mud and back no worries.
>>
>>34117389
A true Slav.
>>
>>34117460
It rains in Western Australia?
>>
>>34117354
AR?
>>
>>34117608
Arsenal SLR
>>
>>34117591
Naw, Washington State, USA. Western Washington is rainy or overcast a good 5/6ths of the year.
>>
>>34117638
If it can handle Vietnam then it can handle some drizzle on range day or less then a day of hunting.
>>
>>34117646
Huh, I've heard people say New Zealand is like Washington in regard to climate.
>>
>>34117094
i often reenact the raining trenches of WWI with friends and my WWI guns and rubber bullets. It really hurts
>>
>>34117648
No... I must keep her pretty and shiny...

I rarely even shoot her because I don't want to ruin her barrel with excessive use
>>
Only for hogs and only if I didn't know it was gonna rain. Fuck that trash.
>>
>>34117663
You don't sound like a very fun person to be around. Tell me do you use coasters?
>>
>>34117676
This guy gets it.
>>
>>34117681
Cute little pirate coasters, yes

My husband hates them but whatever
>>
>>34117692
>btw I'm a girl guys
>>
>>34117681
>treating a $1,000+ rifle like a WASR
If you're gonna use it like a beater then buy a beater.
>>
>>34117706
I'm a man, you idiot

I'm a manly man's man
>>
>>34117707
I only own >$1500nzd fudd guns, all are beaten if need be.
>>
>>34117094
I live in Oregon, it rains constantly.
I just use an old car mat if it gets too muddy.
>>
>>34117722
I'd hate to see what shape your truck's floorpan is in.
>>
>>34117742
Say that again but in words I can understand, were you talking about the ute tray? The deck? The cabin?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
>>34117094

I live in Scotland and go deer stalking July-Feb then target shooting March-June.

Asides from fog and high winds, no weather has ever stopped me from shooting as I only get 1, sometimes two chances to shoot a month.
>>
>>34117707
why the hell would you want to use a shittier gun for your "real" tasks? even if it were free
Is your precious paint that big of deal?
>>
>>34117872
It's nice to meet someone on here who's not a yank. What's the hunting like over there?
>>
>>34117663
Battlefield Las Vegas(busiest gun rental range in the world) have a WASR that the receiver finally was done for after 100k rounds, but the barrel was still fine.
>>
>>34117887
Deer are pretty out of hand, so it's rare to come back with nothing. The terrain means that you basically prepare yourself for a day of hill walking, usually with a couple of friends for company.

Once you've taken the animal you just pull out your phone and ring the gamekeeper or whoever runs the estate and a guy on a quad bike will come and collect the carcas.

If you want any meat from the animal you usually have to buy it (pretty cheap) from the landowner.

Afterwards theres usually a few drinks in a lodge or pub somewhere then a drive home from the hills.

it's pretty comfy and with a large number of shooters its easy to go out on a stalk with people you don't know and get to know them over the course of the day.
>>
>>34117979
Sounds like where I live (high country and bushland), pretty shit they make you pay for your game though.
>>
>>34117887
>It's nice to meet someone on here who's not a yank

Also, that's probably because of how Brits get treated here. I usually avoid the firearms threads like the plague and just stick to the military history and aviation stuff.
>>
>>34118007

We shoot for free, and the estates don't have much opportunity to make money so they sell a lot of the meat to restaurants and shops. To be honest I'm pretty indifferent about venison.

There are no trespassing laws in Scotland, and if the animal is in season and you are shooting responsibly then you can take it wherever you like really and keep the meat. But many of the grounds are hours away from the nearest roads or footpaths, so it's just easier to work in coop[eration with the landowner - who will be happy to point you in the right direction.

This video give's you a pretty good idea of what it's like over here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFWywZsC9XI

Yes I do wear tweeds.
>>
>>34117094

Hell yeah I would. I love rainy weather, and thunderstorms are even better. I'd take that to a sunny day any time.
>>
>>34118088
Huh im pretty surprised you've got so many Reds, the terrain looks like full on Tahr country, pretty much all deer over here just cuddle up below the tree line and on farmland.
>>
>>34117663

Don't come crying to us when you come home to find someone else loading her.

Then a year later you'll go to the range and find a total stranger bump firing her all because you wouldn't do anything with her.
>>
>>34118149
Red deer are domestic, Tahr were never introduced.

Usually, we stalk Red and Roe, we also have Fallow and Sika, which i've never shot.
>>
>>34118146
This

Nice weather is depressing, I fucking love me some shitty weather. Flooding, raining, snowing, hailing, anything cold really. Fuck summer, and fuck weather warmer than 55-60°. Shooting in the pouring rain is the absolute tits.
>>
>>34118179
You should give Tahr a go if you ever go someplace that has them. Real fucking epic to be shooting something that's 700m away and on the peak of a mountain. And then watching your prized trophy falling 3km down said mountain.
>>
File: merica.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
merica.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Have and will again. Keeps the club empty and the skeeters away.
>>
File: PTR_range_5-26-2015_B.jpg (568KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PTR_range_5-26-2015_B.jpg
568KB, 768x1024px
It feels pretty good on hot summer days.
>>
>>34117094

If it ain't raining, we ain't training.
>>
Plastic guns or cheap guns? Sure.

>>34118332
>Skeet shooting in the rain
That sounds like a lot of fun.
>>
>>34117094
>Do pest removal
Rain hail or shine
Lot of animals like deer, pigs and roos don't give a shit, plus the rain can help muffle noise and dampen smells which will let you get in closer.
>>
>>34118018
I think the Brit hate comes from the fact they're almost always nogunz, and there are quite a few nogunz(not necessarily British) that spout stupid nonsense, and we sometimes assume they must be British.
>>
File: Smug Devil Dog.png (410KB, 600x736px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Devil Dog.png
410KB, 600x736px
>IF IT RAININ'
>YOU AIN'T TRAININ'
>>
>>34117094
i did in basic. shivering really fucked up the grouping
>>
>>34117094

I do all the time. given I live in a part of WA that rains like 80% of the year.
>>
>>34117094
My pistol says HK on the slide. Of course I shoot in the rain.
>>
>>34119906
I'm an hk fan as much as the next guy but that was cringe as fuck dude.
>>
>>34117094
I go shooting in the rain sometimes. It sucks, but I guess it should be done sometimes. Your eyepro gets totally water fucked, plus your optics do too, so you get to look through two layers of water beaded lens. I had fun going prone into the mud though.
>>
>>34118831
To be honest the hasguns British are pretty insufferable, basically super fudds.
>>
>>34117164

I'll hunt in light rain but I'm not sitting my ass out there for hours in a torrential downpour. A little wet is fine but fucking soaked is another thing
>>
>>34117094
I used to at my old range before I moved. I actually prefer rain over florida's signature heat/humidity combo. Nothing like the calm drizzle of rain while plinking to be honest.
>>
No

After being in the army. Forced to endure freezing weather with no snivel gear, doing a convoy through a tropical storm with no rain gear, Iraqi dust storms, mud fucking mud in Afghanistan, and brutal tropical humidity in Japan and Hawaii. I avoid doing anything outside in bad weather unless I'm being paid.
>>
File: 1365936188773.jpg (107KB, 600x684px) Image search: [Google]
1365936188773.jpg
107KB, 600x684px
>>
>>34118233
Hello, me.

Mainefag here, you?
>>
>>34117164
THIS.
ITT: Oh noo I cant get my AR15 wet itll get ruined :( I dont like being soggy Dx
>>
>>34117094
ITT: People who have never been in the military

If it ain't raining we ain't training. Looking back I fucking hated being soaking wet and freezing but now I'm pretty fond of those memories.
>>
>>34118146
this. But with all those rainy places in Europe, I as born in central Spain. In this fucking plateau never rains.
>>
>>34117094
I drove an hour to an outdoor range to shoot. It fucking started raining, didn't stop me but a few days later the M1 Carbine did not like the rain so much and started turning brown.
>>
>>34117681
Do you not use coasters?

Your furniture is either shit or looks like shit by now then.
>>
>>34121602
why not just get rain gear if you know its gonna be a downpour? iits not that bad when you are prepared
>>
>>34128692
Why the fuck would I care how my furniture looks? It's all shit I picked up from the hospice and fixed. Stop being a fucking baby.
>>
>>34117094
Rain? Probably

Thunderstorm? Nah
>>
>>34129537
I went hunting during a thunderstorm once, scary to think the rifle in your hand was the only metal thing in a 3km radius.
>>
i shot the second day of my competition qualification (black badge) in the pissing rain. shot better too. 11.39 el prez with only 1 delta.
>>
>>34117460
Fucking this.
Either suck it up and make sure you clean extensively afterwards or don't go shooting for 90% of the year
>>
>>34129557
>scary to think the rifle in your hand was the only metal thing in a 3km radius.
uh, you do know that lightening isnt attracted to just metal objects. You are more likely to get hit with some lightening that strikes a tree.
>>
>>34117094
I go hunting in the rain pretty often. It isnt terrible but if your sick its the fucking worst.
>>
>>34117094
Yes all the time.

My backyard = my range

Its good to train and practice in conditions that arent typically ideal.

>>34117164
This pretty much
>>
>>34117094
Why would you? .223 deflects off of leaves and water is incompressable, if you shot in a rainstorm the bullets would just ricochet around harmlessly.
>>
>>34117719
Your a fucking clean freak baby, let daddy get ya a little dirty some time.
>>
>>34117094
Of course, Target shooting, moose, deer , grouse hunting and who has ever gone duck hunting when it didn't rain at least a little bit. Silly question.
>>
>>34117094
I have a couple times, the outdoor range is empty when the rain comes.

Never leave your case open though while its actually raining though and then put your firearm back in when you're done. The inside of most cases acts like a sponge.
>>
>>34129646
How is a frightened hungry retard supposed to know that?
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.