[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strider DB-L

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: strider_db_l_nsn_by_havocman.jpg (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
strider_db_l_nsn_by_havocman.jpg
2MB, 1280x960px
I've been carrying a strider 8541 I received as an award in my plate carrier for years, albeit slightly hodge podge in its attachment and retention. The knife is also admittedly a bit too long as well as unnecessarily ornate and heavy for a permanent fixed blade carry knife. I'm looking to downsize, drop some ounces and find a more secure, and if possible, locking-but-easily-accessible retention device kydex and/or cordura sheath which must be able to attach either to the inside of my jpc's cummerbund, or Velcro attach similar to the jpc MBITR radio pouch. Ideally the knife will sit as close as possible to my plate on my right side, so as to enable a strong hand draw without the handle inhibiting the shouldering of a rifle. Furthermore, I want a knife that I can also purchase alongside with it, an identically weighted training knife with zero edge on it to train with.

Maybe I'm partial to strider because I received my blade for free, but I've been eyeing the DB-L for its size and shape. Ideally I'de prefer it to have a swedge/false edge along the top and a wrapped handle instead of a bolt on for weight savings.

I came to /k/ because besides the teenagers, air soft milsim faggots, people who post with permanent IDs (except oppenheim, everyone else needs to stop trying to build internet cred) I've been thoroughly entertained and unexpectedly educated on many weapon and military topics- however obscure, arbitrary and absurd they sometimes are. Within it all is sometimes a shockingly informed subject matter expert. Blog post aside:

Where can I find a cheap Strider DB-L? Or knife extremely similar to it?

Alternatively, does anyone here make custom knives/sheaths, and are they looking for work? If mine turns out the way I want it, could have another 4-5 guys wanting the same thing.

Why does someone charge 300+ dollars for a piece of small, shaped steel? I understand the market drives the price, but still..
>>
File: SK0278-MW026-2T.jpg (159KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
SK0278-MW026-2T.jpg
159KB, 400x400px
Halp
>>
>>34116956
>Why does someone charge 300+ dollars for a piece of small, shaped steel?
>Why does someone charge 300+ dollars for pants?
>Why does someone charge 900+ dollars for a piece of shaped steel?
>Why does someone charge 3200+ dollars for some glass in a tube?

because you tactical faggots will fork out the cash for it. just search "strider knives" and literally everythign you find that isnt buyer justification will be the steaming pile of asshole that is mick strider

now on to your question. go to bladehq.com, check some filters and find your own fucking knife
>>
File: 1496165387700.jpg (63KB, 700x716px) Image search: [Google]
1496165387700.jpg
63KB, 700x716px
>>34118287

Way to be an angsty little twat. Did it make you feel better typing all that out instead of just the two word website?
>>
>>34118384
I dont give two shits if you graduated at the top of your long range crayon eating class and got a knife for it. If you seriously cant recognize that there is an overly expensive market for tactical bullshit and you want to keep it going by paying ridiculous markups then fuck you
>>
sorry, me before coffee and nicotine
czech out Al Mar SERE/mini SERE, Extrema Ratio fulcrum c, Microtech currahee(if you can get on sale)

TOPS knives don't use the absolute best of steels, but they are worth a look if you can get past all their branding

also look at knifecenter.com, lamnia.com, pvk.com and smkw.com, and go to the /ktg/ next time
>>
>not just buying $15 MTech chink blade
>>
>>34116956
>Why does someone charge 300+ dollars for a piece of small, shaped steel?
making one is fucking annoying to do right. as with most things, once you try to make one yourself to the standards of a professional, you'll realize why it costs what it does.

if you're not that attached to the tanto blade shape i would look at Halloran knives, he does good work.
>>
>>34118471

The opposite of caring isn't rage, it's indifference, friendo. I asked for alternatives and even offered my business to a /k/ommando if there are any knife makers that might happen to read this.

>>34119407

wilco, thanks
>>
>>34119468
I just woke up in a bad mood and my posts were fueled by looking at expensive knives last night and a missed opportunity with a girl the day before. apologies for the tirade.

the DB-L youre looking at is within a reasonable price range compared to similar knives like i mentioned here >>34119059
I would buy a strider sng/smf, but cant justify the price or giving money to Mick 'Strider' for sort of the same reason I wouldnt buy cold steel or apple products. Again, ask in the /ktg/ as well, I'm pretty sure theres a guy in there that makes knives and might be looking for some business
>>
File: socp combo with trainer.jpg (138KB, 861x576px) Image search: [Google]
socp combo with trainer.jpg
138KB, 861x576px
>>34116956
I know not excatly what your looking for but you should look at the benchmade socp dagger you can get it and a trainer for like 130

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BM178SBKCOMBO/benchmade-178sbk-combo-socp-dagger-black-combo-blade-with-trainer-black-sheath
>>
File: 1414093648803.jpg (41KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
1414093648803.jpg
41KB, 1200x801px
>>34119607

thank you

>>34119643

I appreciate the suggestion, and wish more knives build for the purpose of actually killing people would also be sold with a trainer. Just looking for a little meatier blade
>>
well if you want to spend money on things you don't need (like a "killing" knife, you could always just buy a couple of RAT-3 and make one really dull.
>>
TOPS, Buck, Kbar for $50-150.

I wouldn't buy anything under a 4.5" blade though, 4" at any sort of non-perpendicular angle will barely hit organs, which is what you need for stopping power with a thrust.

Also, don't say "friendo" again or youre going back to fucking reddit.
>>
Also:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1510663_Did_you_know_Mick_Strider_is_____.html&page=1
>>
File: 247.gif (366KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
247.gif
366KB, 250x250px
>>34120947

>recommends a kbar
>recommends trying to cut organs

ok friendo :^)
>>
>>34119917
well you can get cold steel knives with trainers they are beefier and pretty well costed if your looking for an all around kind of knife
>>
>>34116956
>strider 8541
anon, you're a muh-reen?
>>
>>34116956
i live in ocean side and the stride guy is an asshole
>>
>>34124103
>>34124103
pls elaborate.
i'm sure he is but i want to hear more
i hear that Josh is esp faggy
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.