[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the French Army made a good choice by choosing the HK416

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 60b1bf91896743b694c4fd8e708f5d5c.jpg (432KB, 1140x1536px) Image search: [Google]
60b1bf91896743b694c4fd8e708f5d5c.jpg
432KB, 1140x1536px
Did the French Army made a good choice by choosing the HK416 to replace the FAMAS ?

It was in competition with the ARX 160, the SCAR-L, the SIG 516 and the VHS-D1.
>>
>>34116839
Damn, Clint looks so young in this picture.

To answer your question though, the 416 is a good choice and has done well where it has been adopted.
>>
When will we get FAMAS that fixed all of the mechanical issues?
>>
File: DCS03170.jpg (141KB, 1037x864px) Image search: [Google]
DCS03170.jpg
141KB, 1037x864px
Shoehorning a short stroke piston system into an AR is retarded so no they didn't make a good choice.
>>
>>34116839
Not only does HK make good weapons, they have the best lobbyists. SCAR is cooler, but I guess the 416 is quite mature as well.
>>
Are there any reports on the testing? I can translate if need be.

>t. Quebecer
>>
Yes, we've had this thread a thousand times. Regardless how you feel about the Famas, they were old and busted even without taking into account the total absence of new spare parts.
Of the options tested, the 416F allows them to make use of the massive aftermarket and will have its benefits in cross training with other western forces. The ARX and VHS require proprietary launchers (France has M203s in inventory, so this would be a waste), the 516 is a fairly basic AR (If you're going to drop dollars on a whole new service rifle, might as well get something Gucci and not an M4gery you could get off FN for peanuts. NZ had a similar outlook) and between the SCAR and 416; I guess they liked the 416 more.
>>
>>34117069
>I guess they liked the 416 more.
>Presentational requirements: provide all of the documentation requested in whatever format is required, with accurate translations of all of them if asked for. Do not rely on Google Translate – which has happened, and resulted in rejection for being unintelligible – employ a native-standard speaker to read through everything to check that it is accurate and clear.
>>
>>34117183
Why the fuck are you trying to get essay citations from 4chan? Why are you doing a paper on French military acquisition process in the first place? You deserve to fail.
>>
>>34117069
>NZ chooses LMT Mars-L
>they like 416 more
Wdhmbt?
>>
>>34117240
I meant getting a high end AR instead of an FN or Colt basic bitch model, not the 416 specifically. NZ (and apparently France too, given the history of attempted upgrades of the Famas) cant afford to buy MLI packages every time a new gimmick comes along, so it makes sense to invest in something fancy hen the opportunity presents.
>>
>>34116839
I'm sure the HK416 is fine and the FAMAS was getting long in the tooth anyway, it's just too bad we couldn't come with our own weapon that we would build at home instead.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.