[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worn Patina Finish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: DSC07566.jpg (77KB, 1023x568px) Image search: [Google]
DSC07566.jpg
77KB, 1023x568px
What is the best way to do it on your own? I just finished building my A1, and I want to give it that battle-hardened look.
>Inb4 "just throw it down the driveway lol"
>>
File: 1489826952381.jpg (40KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1489826952381.jpg
40KB, 640x628px
Just fucking use it you pre-worn jean wearing dick loving frappuchino sipping homoman
>>
>>34116049
>Don't do what you want with your own gun!
Just fucking kill yourself
>>
File: 1475177470782.jpg (91KB, 800x605px) Image search: [Google]
1475177470782.jpg
91KB, 800x605px
>>34116049
Adding to this, your pic looks like shit.

Pic is a REAL worn gun.
>>34116062
Don't get butthurt because I gave you the most sound advice but said it like a meanie? Did I hurt your fee fees little man? If you get this offended at someone yelling at you, probably shouldn't own a gun.

So yeah, use your fucking gun, pre-worn jean wearing dick loving frappuchino sipping homoman
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nbv4xlqXxy1r7f335.jpg (32KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nbv4xlqXxy1r7f335.jpg
32KB, 500x501px
>>34116081
Nice advice, now go be your superior macho man somewhere else. Don't need to prove yourself in an anonymous Vietnamese tunneling forum
And I'll be as much of a pre-worn jean wearing hipster faggot as I damn please and there isn't shit you can do about it
>>
File: 1260585284155.png (94KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
1260585284155.png
94KB, 600x541px
>>34116134
No, but everyone still thinks youre a piece of shit... and theres nothing you can do about that, either.
>>
>>34116040
Have you tried using it? Also don't be too assblasted when nobody wants to buy your "aesthetic" gun once you're bored of it like you yanks often get.
>>
>>34116040
You sad little piece of shit
>>
>>34116134
What a faggot
>>
>>34116049
this
>>
>>34116049
Not OP, but I want to know how to do it. I'm doing a beat-to-shit build for aesthetics only
>>
>>34116040
>Holy shit those flat rivets.

Just use your fucking rifle faggot.
>>
Fuck the haters bump for an answer
>>
>>34116040
Clean it with diesel fuel, that's what the Afghans do.
>>
I hate to admit I love the look of the finish worn off those things, but it's there to stop rust. If someone tries to sell you some shit that looks like that it better be at a bargain. These fuckers will break down glocks and try to sell the individual components at a mark up after they bought it above price. Why would you try to wear the thing, the sights are probably canted to start with. If you already have one I have a few ideas to stop rust but I'd still google the shit out of it because other people have shit on that way of thinking before when I brought it up and nothing was popping up on search results.
>>
>>34116040
AKs are made of steel, and with use the bluing wears away to give it that "50 years in the desert handled by more goat fuckers than a 10 year old swede" look.

ARs are made of aluminum (like coke cans), and so the finish never wears away. Not that it ever would wear with use, considering most AR owners shoot about 10 rounds a year on average.
>>
>>34117946
Shoot it a lot and toss it around and treat it like shit.
Do this for a couple years.
>>
>>34116062
>>34116134
Jesus christ.
>>
>>34116040
1 - This is dumb, it will make it much easier for the gun to rust

2 - Use some very fine sandpaper or a buffing wheel with something very soft on the wheel. The issue with this is the wear patterns won't look authentic.

You're best bet is still to just use it. Even if you don't shoot it alot, just carry it around the house all the time. The wear you're after doesn't come from shooting, it comes from having it rub up against a jacket while being hung from a sling for years, thrown into the mud and dragged through underbrush.

You can never put a round through the thing and make it look decades old. There's a gunshop near me that makes AKs that did something like this, but he also set it on fire intentionally to burn away part of the handguard. I don't think he ever intends to fire it, it's just wallhanger, but it looks good.
>>
File: LITERALLY INVINCIBLE.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
LITERALLY INVINCIBLE.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>34121314
>The finish never wears
This post really fired my neurons
>>
>>34121506
That's not wear, it's oxidation. Completely different, idiot. Please don't post about things you know nothing about.
>>
>>34121568
Not him but the anodization does wear off, retard. The aluminum underneath will "rust," but nobody considers that the finish on an AR.
>>
>>34121568
And guess what wore off to reveal bare aluminum? The anodizing, you fucking retard.
>>
>>34121653
please, don't encourage low quality posts. I get he's you're "friend" or something, but if he would just let this go he wouldn't continue to embarrass himself. He made a bad post, I called him out, there's no reason to continue this.

>>34121655
No, the anodizing is a permanent thing. The anodizing itself can oxidize however. It's a subtle difference, but you are absolutely wrong.

See how it's mostly edges or raised portions which are oxidized? That's because of the surface geometry at those points. The anodized edges are arranged in such a way that they can oxidize based on the facial presentation of the surface in those areas. Flat areas are less exposed and so the anodization doesn't oxidize while sharp corners and raised areas do.
>>
>>34121705
>please, don't encourage low quality posts. I get he's you're "friend" or something, but if he would just let this go he wouldn't continue to embarrass himself. He made a bad post, I called him out, there's no reason to continue this.

What the fuck are you talking about?

>No, the anodizing is a permanent thing. The anodizing itself can oxidize however. It's a subtle difference, but you are absolutely wrong.

What the fuck are you smoking? If you scrape the anodizing off a piece of aluminum, you expose the bare aluminum underneath. It's a fucking surface treatment.
>>
>>34121705
Anodizing is literally making the oxidized aluminum layer on its surface thicker, it is impossible to oxidize it further. You are an utter embarrassment.
>>
>>34121746
>>34121762
You're getting baited, you dense shits.
>>
>>34121841
>every time someone gets exposed as a retard it's b8

I know /k/ is the easiest board to troll, but come on.

Mental illness = bait now I guess.
>>
>>34121841
If this is true it's a solid 10. Not even mildly annoyed.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.