[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how come you never tried to go down the SOF pipeline /k/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

how come you never tried to go down the SOF pipeline /k/ ?
>>
I got recommended for nzsas selection but didn't last more then 3 and a half weeks.
>>
My eyesight isn't good enough. It's the only thing I've ever actually wanted to do.
>>
The idea of being able to tell people you're special forces is kind of appealing, but I have literally zero interest in actually sitting around in arid shitholes surrounded by illiterate savages and shitting in plastic bags.
>>
I have problems with authority.
>>
>>34115279
Selection is no where that long.
You have obviously never been in the New Zealand military if you don't know that.

And who recommended you?
>>
>you will never experience the self-validation of being in Delta

christ the level of smug would be out of this world. even more so because I wouldn't be able to tell anyone
>>
>>34115268
i like having weekends not destroying my body before i'm 40
>>
>>34115268
I'm fat and lazy. Plus it would involve leaving my island for training.
>>
>>34115374
said the same by jocko william,
>>
you really needs to not fear of dying if you want to go operator. Everything needs to goes behind your job, family, video games. You are a green beret,
>>
I did. More opportunities to do some genuinely interesting things, but fundamentally the same as regular soldiering.

I'm firmly of the opinion that the internet has ruined that, however. You have people determined to join special forces units without even doing a day's soldiering. People debate the merits of various units on the internet. Back then you sort of fell into it, it was something you had a crack at it and if it worked out then great and if not hard luck.
>>
I joined during the Iraqi Surge and regular Infantry was enough to guarantee combat. That's all I was looking for.
>>
>special forces
>posting pic of austrian jumpers

pick one
>>
Because if you fail, you might end up as a laundry technician

Joining the service in the hopes of getting an extremely coveted job is intensely retarded. You need to have other goals you can achieve in the service, goals that will satisfy you even if SOF exceeds your reach
>>
>>34115389
No, I got pulled off selection because of risk or injury. I was recommended by my Platoon saergaent 2 years after basic. I think mainly on the grounds that I was the white kid who kept his mouth shut and blended in and wasn't completely horrible at pt.
I knew he was recommending a retard but it was too big an offer to turn down.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.