[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Walther mp5 a5 .22

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: mp5-a5-beauty.jpg (44KB, 940x600px) Image search: [Google]
mp5-a5-beauty.jpg
44KB, 940x600px
What do you guys think about this little gun? I am considering buying it as I'm looking for a nice .22 and have only heard good things about this one.
>>
>>34114398
Got one sitting next to me. It's really fun at the range. Totally worth the money. You could probably use it for HD in a pinch, but I don't recommend it. It's really fun to stay on target and just dump, though. Magazines are pricey, but they do make a 50 round drum for it. Looking to get one now, actually.
>>
File: Precision vs Blaster.jpg (3MB, 4624x2004px) Image search: [Google]
Precision vs Blaster.jpg
3MB, 4624x2004px
>>34114398
It's a fun little gun.

Pros:
Last round bolt hold open
HK style drum sights
Magazines are superior to BX25 (IMO - lighter, easier to load, can easily see # of rounds remaining)
Collapsible stock is nice
That HK slap for the charging handle
Recoil spring is adjustable to allow you to "tune" your gun to run with other types of ammo. It won't cycle subsonics, but you can adjust the gun to shoot stingers and other hyper velocity rounds.
The gun has a good, solid feel to it - it's heavier than a 10/22 but it feels nice

Cons:
Have to buy a proprietary claw mount if you're wanting to mount a red dot/scope
Collapsible stock isn't as comfortable as a fixed stock, I replaced mine
Mags are about $30 each, I had to order mine via the interwebz
Heavier than a 10/22, if you're a weight snob this may be a deal breaker
A .22lr Bore snake is a must, this is NOT a gun that is designed to be taken apart to where you can get full access to the barrel and taking it apart beyond a basic breakdown will void your warranty.

Having made the mistake of breaking it down 90% of the way (I had a DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO moment as I was cleaning it at the 5k round mark) suffice it to say I actually find myself in agreement with the manufacturer.

I have about 7k rounds through mine and the only issues I've encountered have been with subsonics. It's eaten every other 22lr I've put it in it without a problem (aguila, thunderbolt, stingers, CCI, magtech, winchester)

The MP5A5 is perfect if you want a tacticool 22lr blaster. Instead of buying a 10/22 and then buying a replacement stock and a bunch of aftermarket parts, it's ready to go as is.

However; if you're wanting to mount a scope or are looking for something target grade, you would be better served purchasing a 10/22.

Personally, I am happy with mine. I have a CZ 455 for target shooting, and I prefer to run my guns with irons and will do so until my eyes start to betray me in a decade or two.
>>
>>34114398

I HAVE ONE TOO AND I FUCKING LOVE IT. This guy I'm replying to down below pretty much said it all. The only thing that I'm going to say is that it's a dream to shoot and I wish I had more than one magazine for it (which I will, soon). I got mine for like $400 two years ago.

>>34115532
I actually also made the mistake of breaking it down all the way. I was in for a surprise when the fucking thin ass buffer spring popped out and shot across my room. It's a miracle I found the three little pieces that go along with it.
>>
File: funs vs guns.jpg (682KB, 2355x1325px) Image search: [Google]
funs vs guns.jpg
682KB, 2355x1325px
I am >>34115548

Here's mine btw, different from >>34115532
I've got the SD version which is the same shit, but I prefer the more 80's a e s t h e t i c.
>>
>>34115614
I would have liked the SD version myself, but I bought mine for $500 during the great panic of 2012 and it was the only model available. I overpaid, but I got it.

It's funny though, I was amazed at how many of my friends were critical of it for being a toy until they shot it.

>>I was in for a surprise when the fucking thin ass buffer spring popped out and shot across my room. It's a miracle I found the three little pieces that go along with it.

Right? That fucking thin buffer spring, and the tiny little lugs that hold the barrel in place. Felt like I needed 3 hands to get it back together.

I don't understand why they made it with a pencil thin barrel in a sleeve - it seems to me that a bull barrel with the correct contour would have been a better/simpler solution.

Heads up though, I hope you replaced the blu loctite on the hex screws that hold the receiver/buffer spring/bolt assembly together. I was at the range a few weeks ago when I heard a rattling sound and I found that mine had managed to work themselves loose. Easily remedied with some new loctite though.

HKparts.net has a match trigger spring upgrade I'm thinking of buying for about $25 or so, and they've got mags in stock. Every time I'm tempted though I use the cash for more range time >.>

If you're still reading OP, this gun does indeed shoot like a dream, and I haven't regretted buying it. It'll probably stay in my collection until I die.
>>
File: IMG_20170525_192043.jpg (71KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_192043.jpg
71KB, 720x720px
>>34116048
>>34115548
>>34115532
>>34115419

Wow, looks like I'll definitely order one then. Thanks friendos :^)
>>
File: 22lr stg44.jpg (48KB, 900x469px) Image search: [Google]
22lr stg44.jpg
48KB, 900x469px
>>34114398
Just going to point out to you guys that ATI makes a .22lr Stg-44.
>>
https://www.cdnnsports.com/hk-mp5-a5-22lr-tactical-rimfire.html#.WS884evyupo
what do?
>>
>>34119263
I'm torn between this and an mp5 for a 22 rangetoy
>>
>>34119928

That's where I ordered mine from
>>
You can buy a .22LR drop-in for your AR for less.
>>
>>34119263
I really wish this was chambered in something else. Something that heavy as a 22 is just weird. And the mag capacity is 10 I think.
Or at least the one I finger fucked was, so you can't even get the satisfaction of going full retard for a decent bit.
>>
>>34115532
this is one of the most helpful and comprehensive posts I've seen on /k/ in a long while.
Thank you kindly sir. It's rare that someone gets this kind of feedback when considering a purchase.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.