[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No gunz Concealed Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3162.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3162.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
What are some good concealed carry ranged weapons that aren't a gun?
I usually have a knife and pepper spray, but I want something that'll help out some more distance between me and an attacker. Doesn't have to be lethal.
Anyone know of anything /k/?
>>
Yes.
>>
File: IMG_6799.jpg (11KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6799.jpg
11KB, 240x160px
>>
>>34114198
Well?
>>
>>34114187
Try throwing rocks
>>
>>34114209
Christ
>>
>>34114187
>I want something that'll help out some more distance between me and an attacker.
I usually wear Clark's and Vans but any well fitting, comfortable shoe should serve you well.
>>
>>34114211
Ask me again later.
>>
File: 34643645646.jpg (17KB, 264x480px) Image search: [Google]
34643645646.jpg
17KB, 264x480px
>>34114187
Pocket sand.
>>
>>34114211
Anon's being a smartass. You asked if anyone knows of anything. Anon said yes. Literal wording.
Anyway, all I can think of is a Taser gun.
>>
>>34114242
I'm aware now. I thought of tasers. I'll check the legality of them where I am.
>>
>>34114242
I mean, he could also have a slingshot.
This is a silly thread, non-lethal ranged weapons won't do much in dissuading an attacker, unless it could also incapacitate an attacker, which really limits your options.
>>
>>34114187

why don't you just get a gun?
>>
>>34114268
>slingshot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLxnNP-ycVQ
>>
Extremely bright, sturdy le/milspec flashlight that fits in your pocket. Check <candlepowerforums.com> or search "tactical flashlight." You want a good high strength aluminum or steel construction with some heft to it.

You can blind and disorient an attacker with such a light, and it makes a good blunt instrument that is not legally considered a weapon. Good ones with adjustable brightness are pretty expensive, but a good torch is always useful to have around. Many tactical lights can be attached to rifle rails with a proper adapter.

A stout cane or similar object is very serviceable against an attacker w/o a gun and allows you to keep them from closing distance.
>>
>>34114795

If an unarmed person attacks you and you shoot them dead, you are suddenly in for a bigass legal headache @ minimum.

Most self defense courses teach you techniques to repel an attack sufficiently to escape.

Maybe OP just wants to be able to repel belligerent idiots or OP just doesn't want to carry a firearm.
>>
>>34115250
Op here. I'd love to carry but it's illegal in my county
>>
either slingshot, sling, bola, or blowgun
>>
File: Pocket Remington.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pocket Remington.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
Black powder weapons are unregulated in most of countries. Take advantage of it before the EU regulates it like everything else. I recommend the Remington Pocket in .31 cal
Good luck and don't go in arabized cities.
>>
>>34115358
I'm American
>>
>>34114209
Holy fuck kek
>>
>>34115082
So they're trying to measure momentum but their setup doesn't even fully catch the bullet so they're under-measuring the guns.
>>
>>34115496
And the slingshot ball bounces backwards meaning that the (magnitude of vector) momentum of the pendulum will be greater than the initial magnitude of the slingshot ball.
While the bullets all continue in the same direction as the pendulum, meaning the magnitude of vector momentum of the pendulum will be less than the initial momentum of the bullet.
>>
Telescopic baton. May or may not be illegal in any given area. One one hand it seems of limited defense value, but on the other it seem to get issued to cops a lot.
>>
>No gunz Concealed Carry
POCKET SAND
>>
>>34115508
that's what he just said you facetious fuck
>>
>>34115381
still unregulated
>>
>>34117084
>limited defense

Maybe, but pulling one of those out and opening it (or whatever you call it) is one of the most intimidating sounds/visuals next to a pump shotgun. Everyone carries a pocket knife. Pull out a baton and people will fuck off.
>>
>>34117519

I see it a little differently, but I live in a different country too. Defend yourself with a knife, and if your oppo don't have one the cops might be harder on you than on the other guy. A baton is harder to make grievous wounds with, which technically means you could be more willing to use it but if your oppo is strong and fast then he is more able to disarm you.

It doesn't really matter. Both knives and batons are illegal to carry here. On the other hand the odds of being attacked by a single person out of the blue are very small - I have experienced it none the less mind you. The most likely way to find violence is to be alone and give shit to a gang of youths, at 4am on a sunday morning. And that's more in the line of Darwinism.

I carry a knife none the less, and I would love to own one of those batons if I could buy one. But I am a pack rat and I know it.
>>
File: 1492497495218m.jpg (99KB, 932x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492497495218m.jpg
99KB, 932x1024px
>>34114209
>>
>>34115381
What a disgrace, to live in America and not having the Right to bear arms. What a waste, and how frustrating it must be

t.European
>>
>>34117337
I know, I own three remingtons
>>
>>34117777
To be fair most people wouldn't consider my state truly American. It's an anti gun shit hole
>>
what would be the best unskilled throwing weapon with the best chance of hurting someone no matter what? A rock? a brick? coldsteel torpedo? What could you keep in your pocket?
>>
>>34120005
Glitter. May not hurt, but they will flee in terror and be marked for many weeks to come.
>>
>>34114209
/Thread
>>
>>34114209
This, and >>34114187 I want to know what gun that is.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.