[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1424.jpg (98KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1424.jpg
98KB, 600x334px
How does the /k/orps train? Weights? Calisthenics? Personally I spend about an hour and a half each afternoon beating a tractor tire with a 20lb sledgehammer.
>>
>>34113719
>beating a tractor tire with a 20lb sledgehammer.

where do i go to do this where I won't get cops called on me and people thinking i've lost my mind?
>>
>>34113719
That actually doesn't sound that bad of a workout. Could throw out you back tho
>>
>>34113719
I have an active job.
I Walk for miles and miles every day carrying shit and moving tables.
No, not a sixty pound ruck, but still, table connectors are fucking unwieldy and quite heavy.
>>
File: 20170207_150210.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_150210.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
/fit/izen /k/ommando master race here, posted my routine last thread. Doing a modified Push Pull, ABxAxBx

A
Bench
Squats
Weighted decline situps
Weighted dips
Curl variant

B
OHP
Deadlifts
Pendlay Rows
Stiff leg DL
L pullups

I do cardio on off days or sometimes after B days, for cutting purposes and also for conditioning since I don't want to die at 60.
>>
>>34113785
Start with a 6-8 lb hammer and work your way up, it's what I did a month or so with that and a couple with a 10, then 16, now up to a twenty. Prolly stop at 20 though
>>
I've always been extremely active. I love doing anything that gets my heart going.

I've gone from bodybuilding to MMA to powerlifting to oly lifting to rock climbing (what I'm currently doing).

Weight has fluctuated accordingly from 210 to 165 to 190 (for both PL and oly) to my current weight of 155lb.

I want to lose another twenty lbs to be really strong at rock climbing. That shit is so fun. I've won three out of four comps at a weight of 185. I want to get close to the weight of the pros to see where I stand. I've been trained formally by a former pro climber.

I consider all of this as functional training and I love every it all!

I love food way too much too. If I weren't so active I'd most definitely be a fat ass like all of you fat fucks.
>>
Bench, squat, dead lift, standing overhead press, and whatever machines/isolation movements I'm feeling. Broken up into push/pull/legs type days, with dead lift being more sporadic nowadays because it really rakes the piss out of me for a week, but I can still pull 4+ plates.

Gotta focus on cardio and core a bit more I think.
>>
>>34113893
I should also note that I'm a scrawn at 5'10 170lb
>>
File: 4 months progress.jpg (261KB, 1909x812px) Image search: [Google]
4 months progress.jpg
261KB, 1909x812px
>>34113849

And here are my old progress pics, posting new ones in August
>>
>>34113719
I do olympic lifts as well as train boxing almost every day and live with another avid boxer (who is much more conventionally trained than I am) so I get to spar often. I try to run three times a week as well. I'm only 21 so my goal is just to be a better version of the person I was yesterday. I think I'm doing okay in that regard. Don't underestimate the magnitude of baby steps my nigs.
>>
>sledgehammer workouts

Why? The awkward movements of swinging the sledge are bad for your back, and you can literally get the same benefits from just lifting weights like a normal person.
>>
>>34113892
functional fitness is best fitness

used to lift in the army. shit was no fun following strict diet/exercise routines

tried crossfit too for a bit but hated the meathead culture

now that I have my dd214 blanket, i do whatever I'm feeling for the day; kettlebell, hiit, climbing, hiking, biking etc. might not have the showroom muscles i used to but i spend less time on fitness, have much more freedom with diet, and am still in great shape; completed a tough mudder last year with my mil buddies with out even training.
>>
I lift beer kegs and wine/liquor boxes all fucking day.
>>
>>34113766
op's house
>>
>>34113719
>Personally I spend about an hour and a half each afternoon beating a tractor tire with a 20lb sledgehammer.
i dont get laid either, that shit doesnt count as a workout anyway
>>
>>34113719
Keep it functional, always train in your camo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2x_pclBVn4
>>
Why not just split firewood? It's the same effect and by the time you have operator arms you would have enough kindling to last your lifetime and your children's children's children's lifetimes.
>>
File: 7877135.png (20KB, 669x542px) Image search: [Google]
7877135.png
20KB, 669x542px
>>34113933
when you realise;
workout = hair loss on body
>>
>>34113892
>climbing competition

Get outside man. There's no substitute for real rock and real danger
>>
>>34113766
In the forest.
>>
>>34115384
When you realize mobiles are very unstable platform for photography.
>>
probably weird but since theres a large forest near my house i dedicate two weeks every other month to survival in the woods with nothing but the necessities. Clothes, a knife, boots and one shitty crossbow I constructed with branches and vines. I also made a fishing rod but I ended up breaking it while beating a raccoon.
>>
>>34115253
I do, I work at a campground and I split and sell firewood to the people who come in, it's not enough to live off of but it's a nice bit of running money
>>
Crossfit destroys people's joints. The sledgehammer thing is the dumbest fucking thing. Might as well jackhammer some concrete while you're at it.
>>
I put an 85 lb ruck sack on my back and run up a mountain, pratice MMA because hitting people as a form of physical training is fun and work part time for a friend's landscaping business.
>>
>>34113719
I'm not fat. I have a 32 inch waistline. However I'm feeling like toning up my gut. It's probably the beer I drink after 12 hour shifts at work and anxiety/stress. I have started to play squash 2-3 times a week again after a HIATUS but want to get this gut down. It feels like it might be mostly bloating though. I do 30 press ups as quickly as possible every morning before my showe before work, some medium dumbbells every night before bed and when not at work I walk fucking everywhere.

Any tips guys? I was thinking of filling a pack with heavy shit and walking/jogging the 5 miles up the old train track and then the 5 back when I can find my water bladder.

Anything else? I don't feel like I do enough. I'm only just 23 and I'm losing what was a great body.
>>
File: Coldsteel 1830 saber.jpg (34KB, 1707x420px) Image search: [Google]
Coldsteel 1830 saber.jpg
34KB, 1707x420px
I once owned a Cold Steel cavalry saber and it was humbling how heavy it felt (which is typical of a sword from this brand, but still). I would like to know exercises to build by arm strength. I've done boxing and musculation and it seems it wasn't enough.
>>
>>34119154
are you trying to use this sword like it's a rapier?

you understand cavalry sabres are meant for single swings made stronger by your speed on horseback right? theyre not meant for real ground combat
>>
>>34119184
that said if you can't swing around 7-8 pounds go to the gym
>>
>>34113719
I simply try to exercise about one hour every day. Jogging, swimming, calisthenics, HIIT, stretching, kickboxing, weightlifting, depending on what I trained the previous day, on the weather and personal motivation.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.