[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_8879.jpg (97KB, 700x1019px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8879.jpg
97KB, 700x1019px
Hey guys. Didn't see a QTDDTOT in the catalog.

I've been having some trouble with my glock. At first the problem would occur when friends would fire it, so I always assumed it was their technique but now it's occurring to me.

The magazine is dropped after the first shot. I tried it with other magazines and the same thing occurs. With different ammo as well.

I thought I was hitting the magazine release (I'm left handed)

But right now on my way home, I tried pulling the magazine out without pressing the mag release button and I could (relatively easily) pull it out.

So something is wrong with the magazine release button....

My question is what would be the best course of action:

Replace with oem components or just upgrade them to something better?

If the latter, any recommendations?
>>
Buy a better pistol.
>>
>>34113112
Id rather fix this one than spend more money on another one... and then later buy another.
>>
>>34113079
i would talk to glock and see if they will fix it. this sounds like a warranty issue.
>>
>>34113307
That sounds like a good idea but I'm not a big fan of sending my pistol out and waiting god knows how long.

Honestly I don't think they would cover it. It's three years old and shit wears out.
>>
I think I might have fixed it, at least temporarily. There was some crud inside the well of the magazine itself. I removed it and I believe the mag catch is seating fully now.
>>
>>34113079
Check your mag release spring and check if it"s correctly attached to the release. Check for obstructions as well. If both are fine send it back, its a lemon.
>>
>>34113519
Yeah I think it was an obstruction. Cleared it. Tomorrow I'll go fire some rounds and see if that solves it.
>>
Will I get b& if I make an unboxing thread in a couple months
>>
How important is length for a carry pistol? How would a subcompact 9mm carry with a 4" barrel instead of a 3"?
>>
>>34113842
It's as important as you make it.

You want concealability? Get a shorter barrel

You want performance? Get a longer barrel

You counting grams? Get a shorter barrel

You're a big guy? Get a longer barrel

In the end, there are many attributes to a pistol and it's up to you to decide what has precedence over what.
>>
>>34113970
Fuck that shit I just want a simple "a lot" or "a little", I don't care how oversimplified it is
>>
>>34114000
Then let me rephrase:

A lot.
>>
>>34113079
Should I get a Levergat as my first fun?
>>
>>34113842
I find that barrel length doesn't matter much for concealability, but the width of the frame makes a huge difference. Unfortunately most manufacturers do the exact opposite and make super-short pistols that are just as thick as a full-sized gun. If width and grip length are the same, I would expect a 4" barrel 9mm to carry exactly the same as a 3" one.
>>
>>34113605
no but everyone will call you a fag because they're lame. just make a "hey look what I got" post
>>
>>34114000
not much. it's width and grip length that will print.
>>
>>34114090
Thanks.
>>
Should I buy something more practical (modern carry gun) or something more fun (collector item/range toy) as my first gun?

Due to how it works in my country (licence etc.) so there will be little point of buying .22 and shit.

>inb4 buy block/AR
>>
>>34114597
(licence etc.)*i will already have basic skill
>>
File: IMG_20170530_124950165.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170530_124950165.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
As I recall, you can tell how old Iver Johnson shotguns are from their serial number. Can anyone tell me how old this single-shot 12 gauge is? Thanks /k/!
>>
File: WWITW.png (36KB, 881x867px) Image search: [Google]
WWITW.png
36KB, 881x867px
>>34113079
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>34114754
This should be on /his/, here it will only serve as derail.
>>
Which should a 5'10 skinny girl take for grizzly bear defense:
Marlin 1895 in 45-70
or
12ga pump loaded for bear

Main concerns: recoil handling vs. bear stopping power
>>
>>34114898
side note: strongest thing previously fired is a Remington 788 in .308. Bolt action, also no recoil compensation. Could take more recoil.
>>
>>34114898
If I remember correctly Alaskan state police suggested shotgun with slugs for short range defence.
Also there are obvious advantages to shotgun.

But I'm more of a BP shooter and don't live in bear country, so take my advice with grain of salt.
>>
How should I clean a rifles barrel that hasnt been used in years it may be a bit rusty?
>>
Can anyone recommend some good places to buy russian gear like gorka, smersh, etc?
>>
File: 001-2T.jpg (72KB, 342x400px) Image search: [Google]
001-2T.jpg
72KB, 342x400px
Been looking for a similarly tacticool jacket as this, any ideas?
This one's the kitanica mk IV
>>
Asked this last thread but didn't get a reply.
Does anyone have experience with the CZ Bren 805? I kind of want one.
>>
>>34113079
Whats a good starter pistol? Also what are some excersizes for basic concepts? So far my only advice has been the pencil draw. Work has me going overseas (defense contractor) and I would like to get better with small arms since I will be in Afghanistan for a few months. Also just because I would like to keep a smaller gun around the house for home defense. Only guns Ive really used regularly are my overunder, a 12 gauge pump and 20 gauge for rabbits.
>>
I already have a shotgun for sporting purposes, but I want a fairly cheap pump-action for home defense, is a Mossberg Maverick 88 a good choice? and is 200$ a good price for a brand new one?
>>
>>34115517
Looks like a motorcycle jacket desu.
Similar to Revit Sand or smth. There's tons of those.
>>
I am buying my first shotgun for shooting clay pigeons and eventually turkies. The model I am looking at comes with rifled barrels for slugs for a decent price. Is it even worth it? Wouldn't I want to get a rifle dedicated to that instead of a shotgun? What is the effective range of a deer slug vs. a hunting rifle.
>>
>>34115890
Yes and yes.
>>
>>34115830
Watch Lucky Gunner videos about it on Youtube. In the military or what?
>>
So, would pic related be a good home defense option for someone living in a townhome? Reason I don't have any 00 buck is because I'm worried about overpenetration. I hear #4 is the next best thing, but I admittedly don't know Much about shotgun loads.

Normally I wouldn't be asking at all since this is (WAS) A quiet peaceful neighborhood , but the family two doors down had some methhead from the trailer park up the road try to kick the door in, so id like to be ready for that just in case.
>>
>>34116340
#1 is the minimum size that'll still penetrate adequately. This is hard to find, so 00 is the next best thing. Keep in mind that any round which penetrates far enough into humans will penetrate quite a few walls too, so basically kill the enemy first and worry about bystanders after.
>>
Why are you such r etarded fucking niggers?
>>
>>34116231
Nah, defense contractor, fucked up my legs and hips in high school so no mil for me. I have no idea how security works over there and whether or not ill be able to carry. Ive heard mixed stories on it and cant tell if theyre fucking with me about it.
>>
>>34111111
Don't mind me, just checking the get
>>
>>34117086
Ahhh, what a fuckin waste.
>>
Thoughts on Spring compression damage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pch0J9-7i2k
>>
>>34113605
Depends, What are you unboxing
>>
File: Tricks2.jpg (42KB, 493x700px) Image search: [Google]
Tricks2.jpg
42KB, 493x700px
What are some good books on tactics. Is pic related actually good?
>>
I found an amazing deal on .22lr online. Problem is I have to buy 4000rds and its a brand I'm not familiar with. So I was gonna buy a small box locally to see how well it cycled before I blow $250 on a case.

Problem is, no local stores have the exact kind. The cheap ammo is American Eagle 38 grain copper-plated 22lr. My LGS has American Eagle 40 grain lead-nose 22lr. Would that be a fair comparison? If the 40 grain kind cycles well would it be reasonable to expect the 38 grain kind to cycle well?
>>
>>34114059
Depends what caliber. If you want to shoot a lot, I would say no unless it's a .22lr. I can't think of any other lever gun calibers that are cheap to shoot besides .357
>>
>>34114605
In the future don't post your serial, some people think its funny to report yours stolen
>>
>>34114898
For anyone without extensive shooting experience, I recommend bear spray.
>>
>>34117564
American Eagle is, in my experience, quality stuff. Haven't shot that load in particular, but you're only using it for plinking anyway so what's the problem?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2600x1950px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2600x1950px
I have a Banshee plate carrier and have AR500 level III plates in the front and back. Came to find out later that these plates aren't really that good. Can I just stick some IIIA soft armor and trauma pads in with them to make them strong enough to save my life? Or am I better off using them as targets and replacing them completely?

Pic is just my Red Dawn fantasy load out
>>
>>34118586
he is probably concerned with cycling in autoloader
>>
>>34114941
I like phosphoric acid for minimizing how much material I remove, but remember the bluing on a gun is a form of rust, and the acid will remove that. So bore only. Then wire bore brush, then cleaner on a jag, then oil thoroughly
>>
>>34117564
Generally speaking, in my experience, copper plated cycles better in semi autos. Round nose better than hollow point though
>>
Does a gen 4 Glock have less recoil than gen 3?
>>
File: 20170508_210545.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_210545.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>34119149
Don't notice a difference.
>>
File: images_(2).jpg (6KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
images_(2).jpg
6KB, 245x205px
>>34119149
Wut?
>>
File: 91ehqXoC2OL._SL1500_.jpg (571KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91ehqXoC2OL._SL1500_.jpg
571KB, 1500x1500px
>>34113079
I want to buy an assisted knife it will be my first time I am looking at this. https://www.amazon.ca/USA-BALLISTICS-MT-A845BK-Spring-Assisted/dp/B00LMPQOCA/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

anyone know anything about it and its quality? half the reviews seem shilly other half seem to be competition insulting it.
>>
>>34119561
oh and before you say got to /ktg/ its dead.
>>
>>34119561
Shitty cheap but at a base level functional, depends on what you want to use it for.
>>
>>34119574
EDC. cutting tape, boxes maybe the odd wolf or coyote I live innawoods. and I like the design and aesthetics.
>>
So Remington is doing a $100 rebate on their 1911s. I can pick up an R1 for around 650-670 after tax. Taking the rebate into account, is that probably the best deal I'll get on a sub $600 1911?
>>
>>34119590
Yeah they are good enough for that stuff, maybe not sharp enough for skinning.
>>
>>34119614
I have a knife for that I just need an EDC kniofe.
>>
>>34118606
>>34118586
Yeah, its gonna be put through a 10/22 and a Jennings j22. I'm worried about reliability because I'm physically handicapped (muscular dystrophy) and have trouble clearing jams.
>>
So the stock forend on my Mossberg is kjnda shitty and I'm looking for a replacement. The magpul one looks neat, but I'm wondering if it will fit since apparently the maverick 88 and the 500 series use different slide assemblies. Mine has the pinned forend, so does that mean I'd need the whole slide assembly? Also apparenlt Mossberg uses two different slide assembly lengths and I'm not sure which one I have.
>>
What the hell is the gun at 45 seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxxWnkIEEfU
>>
>>34113079
What model
What gen
What caliber?
>>
>>34122777
Colt Model 750 LSW, or Diemaco C7 LSW (or some little bullshit Mexican copy).

It's just an M16A2 with a full auto setting, a heavy barrel, and a big ass heat shield. It's meant to be the squad automatic weapon.
>>
File: 1919.png (186KB, 687x727px) Image search: [Google]
1919.png
186KB, 687x727px
Is it weird or shady to pay for guns with cash? Coming off 100% clean from a background check of course.
>>
>>34123233
Fuck no.
There's a shop near me that gives "cash price". That's not like "$700 or $695 cash" like some shops; this place eats the sales tax if you pay cash.
>>
>>34123233
no, dealing with credit card companies is a pain in the ass for small businesses
>>
>>34121897

You will need to get a new slide assembly. You could use either length, but I believe the longer one is the current one and will work with the Magpul. Double check though.
>>
Did that guy who wanted to put a 10/22 into a airsoft vss ever finish his build.
>>
>>34125476
wouldn't a 10/22 be too much for an airsoft chasis no matter what material?
>>
>>34125664
Not really people have been know to do it with other airsoft chassis, strangely enough some euro companies use real receivers as a base for some of their products.
>>
>>34125687
>strangely enough some euro companies use real receivers as a base for some of their products

fo' rizzle? complete 1:1 receivers?
>>
>>34125698
Yeah alot of AR-15, AK and Mak's are made from 1:1 receivers.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f63_1354076159&comments=1
>>
>>34125718
I have to say, I'm not totally convinced by that video.
>>
>>34125742
Still there are plenty of instances of ATF(and their global equivalents) seizing airsoft for these reasons.
>>
>>34125742
>>34125774
For example here's a record of some that came into Canada built on Chinese Type 56 receivers.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/bulletins/bus-ent/20111024-77-eng.htm
>>
>>34125779
>http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/bulletins/bus-ent/20111024-77-eng.htm

The irony is that border patrol is finding full on AKs being smuggled in shipping containers in BC.

I don't have an article to back up that point, but it has been expressed to me from someone who has connections to the military/police. Imagine if that story broke, there would be some panic.

Because the bigger question becomes, how many got through?
>>
>>34125785
http://bc.ctvnews.ca/police-sting-busts-b-c-gun-smuggling-ring-1.1010311

Most of the weapon smuggling is pistols there's a better markup for the smugglers and less demand from buyers. The kind of people that get caught with AK's and stuff like that are mostly just collectors that couldn't get them elsewhere.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/prince-george-baker-karl-haus-sentenced-for-obsessive-gun-collecting-1.3390637
>>
>>34125801
The guy I was talking with had stated that there had been dozens of these firearms. Most likely heading for organized crime. He has seen plenty of these groups that go out in the boonies and run operations.

I sorta wish I could get my hands on a few of those guns though. The issue would be to do it in a way that you could not be traced to it.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.