[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shooting in a cuck state

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7982.jpg (69KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7982.jpg
69KB, 900x600px
Visiting my father in Maryland next weekend and plan to take him shooting. I'll be shooting my sig p320. Does anyone know if it's illegal to shoot at a range in this state with a "high capacity" Magazine? I read up on the laws and it says you are not allowed to "transfer" magazines with a capacity of greater than 10 rds. Would handing my pistol over to the range staff to inspect it or letting my fatehr shoot it be considered "transferring"?

Have any of you all had any weird experiences with guns in non-free states like NJ, NY, CA, MD?
>>
>>34109868
My advice to you? Either drive the extra distance to VA or Deleware and shoot there (no mag limit) or don't bring your own gun, rent.
If you must bring your SIG, don't tell anyone about it, don't bring the mags up, and don't load past 10 rounds. If anyone questions you, say they're pinned.
>>
>>34109868
god that's such a fuck ugly pistol
>>
>>34109903
Jesus Christ. I know it's not illegal to possess a mag there but I bring the sig in a case that has the mags in it. I usually hand the case over for the range staff to look at
>>
>>34109868
shooting in md
get ready to go to jail for something
>>
>>34109868

It's not illegal to possess a magazine over 10 Rounds in Maryland. When they say transfer, they mean buying or selling a magazine , not lending it to a friend for use at a range
>>
kind of along the same lines, I live in MD (lol) and am traveling up to Mass to shoot with some friends. I was planning on taking my AR, thirty round standard capacity mags and my Glock, probably with my stendo 33 rounder.

Is it legal to come into the state with this stuff?
>>
Last I knew in MD you could own and use any mag you just couldnt buy mags over 15rd capacity in state but its been about 3 years since I moved
>>
It is perfectly legal to bring a magazine over 10 rounds into Maryland. You cannot sell or buy mags over 10 rounds. Also, no one is going around checking you out. Outside central Maryland, no one cares about guns and most are pro-gun. Just stay out of Baltimore City, Montgomery, Howard, and PG county and you'll be fine.
>>
tfw you live in pg county and dont have a car or friends
>>
>>34110140
It was never 15. Prior to October 1st, 2013, we had a 20 round limit. Now it is 10 unless you buy out of state and bring it in. It is perfectly legal to own drum mags in Maryland as long as you bought them out of state.
>>
>>34110160
If you ever want to go to college, both University of Maryland College Park and UMBC have Rifle and Pistol Clubs.
>>
>>34110151
I'm just worried about getting busted for handing my pistol and mags over to the range staff for inspection prior to shooting.
>>
>>34110282
You won't. I have never had a problem with them checking my stuff out. No one even asked if I was a Maryland resident or if I had my HQL. Where are you going shooting?
>>
>>34109868
Good luck traveling with a fuckng gun in Maryland keep your gun out of the state. If you get pulled over with a gun, you're taking your life into your own hands.
>t. Virginian who works in Maryland
>>
File: IMG_5732.png (311KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5732.png
311KB, 2048x1536px
>>34111612
>>
>>34111612
Unloaded and locked in the trunk is perfectly legal in MD.
>>
>>34111641
If you're okay with spending 4 hours where MoCo PD search your car if you're pulled over. "Perfectly legal" is a term that doesn't apply in MD. Their police do not fuck around and an out of state license plus gun in the back will ruin your day.
Look up the story where PGPD ran a guys license, found he had a CHL, and then searched his car and arrested him.
Seriously make your faggot dad drive to VA with you where you won't be hassled
>>
>>34110099

Don't get stopped in Jersey with any of that.

Staties love to arrest for firearms offenses.
>>
>>34111776
Why are you agreeing to a search? Why are you admitting there is a weapon in the car?
>>
>>34109868
Transfer = sell
It's legal to buy high capacity magazines out of state and bring them in.
>>
>>34110099
God i hope you dont go to a range with that in MA or stay overnight. Better have a good backstory as to where your final destination is
>>
>>34112007
>>34111776
>>34111612
Get a fucking lawyer you plebs. It's federal fucking law that if you're "passing through" a state, you can't be arrested for violating that state's firearms laws. Safe passage...
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.