[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shield VS G43

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2837.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2837.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>nofuns
>looking to get first gun
>want it for concealed carry because Houston
>narrowed it down to Shield & G43
>go to store to handle them both
>shield feels very top heavy (maybe better when loaded?)
>shield is much cheaper ($75 rebate right now)
>G43 feels better in hand (again, may change when loaded)

Leaning towards the shield. Is there anything else I should consider??

I'm concerned once they are loaded they will feel totally different, but no rental ranges around here has them to try.
>>
>>34109338
>Is there anything else I should consider??

Yeah, a full size so you can practice, or shoot them before you buy them.
>>
>>34109364
Can't shoot before I buy. Can't find any rental ranges with them to try. Hardly any full services ranges around here.

I'll get a full size for fun eventually, but that's not gonnna be my first buy at all, can't carry it.
>>
I would shoot both and decide which one you like better. G43's are arguably the better gun as far a quality goes but some people like the shield better. Personally I think that stupid hook trigger that S&W uses is horrible but to each his own.
>>
>>34109378
If you can't shoot them, at least hold them and see how they fit in your hand. Pinky extensions on the mags are a must for the G43 but that little detail make it the best CC gun you can get.
>>
Get a cz Rami. Probably the best mini 9mm on the market right now.
>>
>>34109338
Shield with a Apex trigger.
>>
The hook trigger is pretty dumb and in the instance that you have chopstick sized fingers and you ride them way fucking up on the gun and trigger, you wont be able to shoot the gun.

The takedown with that extra little pin lever step is also a bit unnecessary.

Not sure if all the shield line has a mag disconnect, but getting rid of it isn't hard. But still, its 2017 and the gun is geared towards civilians, why have a mag disconnect?

All that said, it's a good shooter, jumps a bit with +p but still controllable.
>>
I have both and I like the shield more, just feels better in my hand. Otherwise they shoot the same and work problem free right out of the box.
>>
No one reads the post huh?

>>34109385
Can't shoot before I buy, didn't rly inspect the triggers tho, thanks for the warning.

>>34109399
Held them both, shield felt too heavy and the glock felt a tad better, but they were unloaded so that could change some.

Agree on the extensions tho, I'm skinny but I'm 6'1 so my pinky was almost hanging off on the glock and it had nowhere to go on the shield without the extended mag thing.

>>34109419
Never heard of it, reasons it's better??

>>34109426
Second mention of the shields trigger, is it rly that bad?? This is my first gun so I don't really wanna be playing around with them too much in terms of swapping out parts.
>>
>>34109436
Apex trigger is covered by the rebate.

The extra pin lever step is optional in case you don't want to pull the trigger.

There is no mag disconnect.

Little noticeable difference with +p.

t. Shield owner.
>>
>>34109436
My newness is showing, the fuck is a mag disconnect?? Thanks for the rest of the info tho

>>34109444
>both problem free out of box
Very good to know, cheers

Holding them both I found the shield kinda top heavy, does that help in shooting? Or is it just that the glock is lighter?
>>
>>34109458
>Second mention of the shields trigger, is it rly that bad?? This is my first gun so I don't really wanna be playing around with them too much in terms of swapping out parts.

It's really not that bad. Nerds that can't shoot for shit try to fix what is actually them that sucks. Yes, it's not the best trigger but it is not by any means unshootable.

>dry fire a Shield
>shoot a stock Shield
>it's fucking nothing

buy ammo.
>>
>>34109478
When the mag is loaded the shield is not top heavy at all. Especially with the extended 8 rounder, it's very balanced.
>>
>>34109470
Can someone explain this 'mag disconnect'?

>>34109482
I'll keep that in mind when I suck and think it's the gun, cheers.
>>
>>34109493
Alright, cheers.
>>
>>34109458
>Second mention of the shields trigger, is it rly that bad??
The Shield trigger isn't bad, it's just the Apex upgrade is just that good, imo makes the M&P line the best striker with it.
>>
>>34109478
Not that Anon, but a mag disconnect is a "feature" that prevents the gun from shooting if there isn't a magazine properly seated in the gun.
>>
>>34109529
Is the trigger an easy thing to change for a nofuns? I'm a pretty good shade tree but a gun ain't no engine
>>
>>34109554
>Is the trigger an easy thing to change for a nofuns?
Yes. You might need a set of punches, but you can do it. Glocks and M&Ps are really easy to strip and figure out.
>>
>>34109494
When the mag is out the gun can't shoot even if one is in the chamber. The shield doesn't have this, and its a shit feature.
>>
>>34109554
As long as you have the tools and can follow youtube instructions you are gtg. I did 2 of my own with no prior gun smiting experience no problem, the hardest part is removing and realigning the rear sight.
>>
>>34109494
>>34109585

I'll bite.

What exactly is the huge problem with a magazine disconnect safety?
>>
>>34109594
It's a favorite accessory of homosexuals
>>
>>34109594
mags can accidentally get dropped in the heat of the moment, a disconnect would leave you with a dead gun unable to shoot the round you have in the chamber until you reinsert a mag.
>>
>>34109594
It literally serves no purpose.
>>
>>34109338
glock
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.