[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carrying in Jew York

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 041113_al_guns_640.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
041113_al_guns_640.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
Hey /k/,

I have to go to NYC, namely Queens in the last week of July.

What are my options in regards to self defense there? I figured a pistol was out of the question, even if it wasn't on my person due to their gay ass laws, so whats a guy supposed to do but rely on NYPD?
>>
>>34108080
Are you from NY?
NY honors nobody's permit.
source: https://www.usacarry.com/new_york_concealed_carry_permit_information.html
>>
>>34108106
I kind of figured, but what are my other means of defense besides my hands?
>>
>>34108136
i believe pepper spray is available
you'll know if you walk into a convenience store
they'll have what's legal
sometimes you can find pocket sized spray cans of raid or wasp spray
stay away from misting products
wasp spray is designed to squirt a straight stream far away from a nest
better aim
somebody gets a face full of that shit
i have no fucking clue as to the legality of that
are you allergic to wasp stings and have a reason to carry spray?
>>
3/4 Oz of Mace.
>>
File: 0069338999921_P255045_500X500.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0069338999921_P255045_500X500.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>34108080

mace if you're a female, otherwise no
no stun anything
no guns
no assisted open knives including gravity assist
manual folding knives must have a blade smaller than your four fingers/palm width-wise

t. ex-NYCer
>>
>>34108106
Hell, NYC doesn't even honor the rest of NY's permits.
>>
>>34108236
urbanites love to be the democrat party cock holster
the larger the city...
>>
>>34108220
Worse than that nowadays. If your knife can be opened one handed, manhattan DA considers it a gravity knife. I believe fixed blades under 4 inches are legal but you'd have to check on that, don't want to get some anon arrested because I'm not a lawyer.
>>
>Visiting Kike York.
>>
>>34108236
NYC is like a whole other world to anyone north of warwick. Occaisionaly we get stick with dumb shit like the safe act but we are generally much looser about it up here.
t. Utica.
>>
>>34109128
"Much looser"
Literally no cop outside 10 miles of a city will ever give a shit about anything but CC
>>
>>34109142
We had one guy get hit with something about illegal attachments to an "assault rifle". It wasnt about gun control or anything, it was because he was brandishing it walking down main street, drunk as a skunk and hollaring about how he was going to kill his girlfriend. Otherwise we havnt had a single shit given about the length of a knife or how many rounds you had or if you applied the proper care to ensure your unloaded, disassembled gun in a safe would FOR SURE not kill any college hopefuls looking for church donations in your wifes jewelry box.
>>
>>34109128
>>34109142
You guys are full of shit. I was target shooting on private property at a good backstop and over the weekend because we annoyed some faggots by shooting rifles for an hour and was almost arrested for having 10 rounds loaded into a magazine, they also told me if one of the bitches who called said they wanted us arrested they would have to which is horseshit because we didn't break any laws. They were giving me shit over topping off a fucking SKS even.
>>
>>34109294
So you are saying that, despite breaking new yorks (draconian) gun laws, you only faced a stern talking to from barney? Guess what being caught with 10 loaded rounds gets you in NYC
>>
I thought the 7 round bullshit was dropped?

Best thing you can do in NYC is be aware, keep your eyes up don't put yourself in bad situations.
Don't worry too much, NYC isn't nearly the shithole it was in the 70s and 80s.
>>
>>34109294
you proved their point
>>
>>34109294
When? Because >>34109633
is correct.
>>
>>34108106
Federal permit for leo is technically honored but good luck convincing the cop. Not a lot of legal options and pepper spray is likely the least jailable selection
>>
>>34109128
Shit you guys barely even acknowledged there was a safe act
t. Albany
>>
>>34109294
Visit the Empire State Building on Firearms Friday when you're there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onz8UXozC6g @3:11
>>
>>34110128
>Federal permit for leo
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

HR 218 LEOSA is not a permit.
Technically, if you're active or eligible retired law enforcement, you can CCW without even your ID or shield on you - though you'd be stupid to.

There were a couple of remarkable LEOSA arrests and court cases in NYS, but they had interesting circumstances.
A man working in construction was arrested by the NYPD for having a firearm on him. Since this man was a Pennsylvania constable - an unpaid elected position with the power to arrest people in the state of PA on open warrants, the court ruled he was protected by LEOSA, even though it's an unpaid position with zero requirements to actually do anything besides get elected.

The other, an off-duty Coast Guard reservist was arrested for having a firearm. Even though he did law enforcement in the Coast Guard, the Coast Guard did not allow him to carry a firearm off-duty. Again, the court ruled that he was eligible under LEOSA to carry, even if the Coast Guard didn't want him to.

Other than those two incidents, I'm not aware of any significant issues with off-duty law enforcement, feds or otherwise, carrying in NY.
>>
>>34110463
Permit or no permit it's a bad idea in NYC even when you qualify. At best you need a new gun and will spend a lot on our local lawyers as we also dick around with recognition of outside attorneys let alone carry permits. The leo bullshit is the only reasonably easy process and I am amazed the two you mentioned did not get fucked harder given this states willingness to ignore any laws constitutional or otherwise it does not like
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.