[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mark 23 legal in any IPSC match?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 800px-Mark23SuppressedLeft.jpg (94KB, 800x481px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Mark23SuppressedLeft.jpg
94KB, 800x481px
I'm sorry for the stupid fucking question, but hopefully someone can answer here: Is the H&K Mark 23 handgun legal for any of the IPSC or similar competitions? I read it wasn't approved for production class. I know it's a fucking brick but I'd still like to know if it can legally be entered in any of those competitions. Thank you.
>>
>>34103352
Unless I'm reading it wrong, it should be legal in the open division, right?
>>
>>34103352
Why isn't it approved for production class? Its a mass produced handgun.
>>
>>34103464
so is the Glock 17L. Guess why they made the G34.
>>
>>34103464
It's one of a few specifically listed as not approved on the website, along with the USP combat competition model oddly enough.
>>
How many were made for civi use? IIRC there is a minimum for production class. I only shoot single stack and 3 gun with the occasional limited so I don't know production rules off hand.
>>
>>34103590
The Mark 23 is the civi line, the Mk23 was issued to US SOCOM. I guess that's why they're on the not approved list. Not enough units made.
>>
>>34103699
>>34103464
>>34103476
Because it doesn't fit the box. Production has a size limit.
Also the G34 and other competition Glocks are also not IPSC Production approved while the CZ Shadow 2 is.
It's an arbitrary list basically, and guess which manufacturer donates tons of cash to the IPSC
>>
>>34103352
Just checked the list. IPSC is fucking gay
>not approved: browning hi power, FNX45 tactical, glock 18(why?), all glock c models, SAO variants of anything
Why are striker fired pistols with 4.5 lb triggers aloud but not SAO with the same? I never realized how shitty IPSC was.
>>
>>34103819
I think the reasoning is that the rules specifically say first shot must be double-action in PD. Also it's kind of a "safe space" for everyone who doesn't own a 1911.
>>
>>34103956
>. Also it's kind of a "safe space" for everyone who doesn't own a 1911.
keeping 1911 fudds is A-OK to me
>>
>>34103956
How do they rationale striker fired guns then? Not trying to sound like a smart ass, I've just never heard a legitimate answer on this. Does that mean I could use my LEM pistol?
>>
File: VAG-73.jpg (18KB, 489x290px) Image search: [Google]
VAG-73.jpg
18KB, 489x290px
>>34103699
>tfw you can't roll up to the competition with your VAG-73
that rule sounds bretty gay tbqh
>>
>>34104016
Because people want to compete with their Glocks and DA/SA pistols in 9mm minor without to much of a disadvantage against tricked out 1911s.
If your gun isn't on the whitelist, you are competing in a different division.
IPSC is a made up game with made up rules.
>>
>>34104105
Are there other comps you'd suggest? IPSC is the only big name I know personally.
>>
>>34104312
IDPA
>>
>>34104338
Looks better than IPSC, but still has a test box that doesn't allow the Mark 23. 8 3/4" is the max length and the Mark 23 is 9.65" end-to-end.

My dreams of being an obnoxious, outdated faggot with an old school tac-driver will never come true.
>>
>>34104312
USPSA
3 gun

On occasion I run a glock 19 suppressed in limited minor USPSA and tac ops/practical in 3 gun for shits and gigs.
>>
>>34104719
I'll check it out. Thanks.
>>
It wouldn't make sense to run a Mark 23 in Production in the first place. You'd be scored Minor even though you are shooting a Major Power Factor caliber. Also there is next to zero IPSC matches in the US. Practical pistol shooting in the US is almost exclusively USPSA. It's like IPSC but better. Also IDPA is a shit show of rules and arbitrariness.

Run your Mk23 in USPSA Limited or Limited 10 and let your dreams come true.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.