[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Official "No ND Club"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 25

File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Post in this thread if you have never had an ND. Post how long you've owned a gun and what you do to prevent it from ever happening. I'm sick and tired of hearing this "NDs are inevitable" bullcrap from the irresponsible blubbery bronies on this board who probably shouldn't own guns in the first place
>>
File: IMG_0131.jpg (284KB, 962x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0131.jpg
284KB, 962x920px
10 years
>>
What kind of faggot has an ND?
How can you even be such a fuck up?
>>
>>34102716

Worst troll thread on the board atm
>>
>>34102716
Is it an ND if you intended to kill the demons in your monitor?
>>
>>34102716
>tfw I had an actual ND that was 100% the weapons fault

I was loading a rifle in the house before I went outside to shoot it, I had the saftey on, pulled the bolt back and released it. Unknown to me the firing pin was stuck in the forward position (open to close bolt conversion on a RPD, pretty complex firing system) and when I released the bolt it fired a round into the wall. I almost shit my pants.

>1 ND in 11 years of gun ownership.
>>
>>34102746
nah bro that's live action DOOM
>>
>>34102759

Not a ND at all though. That's an actual unintended discharge since you didn't actually fuck up.
>>
2 year hasguns

Don't pull the trigger without safety check, loaded mags get stashed when I'm drunk.
>>
File: averysadpepe.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
averysadpepe.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>tfw one ND over a decade ago because I was retarded teenager
how do I redeem myself?
>>
>>34102759
That's not negligent really. This is why "keep your shit pointed away from shit you don't want to put holes in" is such an important safety rule.

11 years of shooting and no NDs as of yet for me.
>>
>>34102858
Self sacrifice to the /k/ube.

3 years no ND
>>
>>34102716
7yrs, no nd. Just don't be an idiot..
>>
>>34102716
5 years of gun ownership no ND's
>>
2 years, no NDs. I don't even see how I could ND at this point. I'd have to be dry firing and mistakenly load a full magazine. Not sure how I'd do that.
>>
>>34102716
Has guns for 6 years, no NDing.
I don't get how people do it.
>>
hey glad to be a part of this fantastic organization.
>how long you've owned a gun
I've been around guns my entire life.
>what you do to ever prevent it from happening.
I dunno I guess I just follow basic safety methods and I'm not a retard.
>>
>>34102814
kekd
>>
I had like 5 NDs last year alone.

Get on my level plebs
>>
>fucking kids who've owned guns for a few years and never had an ND try to act superior

Jesus this is pathetic. I've owned guns for longer than most of you have been alive and I've had a few NDs in my life. It's not a big deal, nor is it embarrassing or shameful. Everyone has a few eventually, stop trying to make yourselves out to be perfect. All it's going to do is make you feel worse about it when you do have a ND (and you WILL have an ND eventually, it's just a matter of time).

I used to think it'd never happen to me. Then I had one after I came home from a range trip. Sure, I got scared, but I lived through it. The bullet went right past my wife's head and smashed a picture on the wall. We were scared at the time but now we just laugh about it. My next one was when I took my son to the range. I pulled a handgun out of the range bag I brought and had it go off, right between his legs. He damn near pissed himself, but we just laughed it off. And I've had plenty more over the years, nothing to be ashamed of.

Having NDs is not a big deal, so stop patting yourselves on the ass because you haven't had one yet. All it does is show how inexperienced you are with firearms and how far you have to go to get the experience of an old man like me.
>>
>>34102716
I guess I technically had an nd
>First time shooting a revolver
>getting pretty good at DA shooting and decide to shoot SA
>cock hammer
>line up sights at target
>move finger into trigger guard
>accidentally pressed trigger
>BLAM
>bullet went almost exactly where I was aiming, about an inch off
>be impressed and shocked at the same time
>>
>>34102716

Gun owner for over ten years.

Qualified range safety officer.

IPSC/IDPA qualified and ranked shooter.

Have taught more than a dozen friends, co-workers and relatives how to shoot.

Routinely handle and clean my firearms indoors. Never bothering to lock every round of ammo up elsewhere while doing it.

Never ever had an ND. At the range or otherwise.

Maybe it's the Canadian training (ACTS and PROVE) but I really don't see how you could ND outside of gross negligence. Anyone who has done it is a dumbass who didn't follow safety protocols. And they're not hard. Always clear your firearm whenever you so much as pick it up and when you're shooting know what condition it is in.
>>
>>34102966
this is some bad bait my bud.
>>
>>34102966
Nigger, I handle my guns drunk as fuck and have never had an ND, this shit isnt hard
>>
>>34102966
stop ND shaming me shitlord!
>>
>>34102759

>Loading an unproven non home defense firearm indoors

>Sketchy sounding aftermarket mod that can produce NDs easily

>Not keeping said mod clean to prevent stuck firing pins

>Russian guns notorious for this

No. Bullshit. You should have known better. Glad noone was hurt but I would absolutely not done what you did for that reason.
>>
Gun owner for 20 years, no ND's to day.

I have had some scary occurrences; out of battery detonation, squibs, etc, but never put a whole in something that didnt need it.
>>
>>34102968
That's not a negligent discharge. That's you my being used to a trigger.
>>
File: 1485116940772.jpg (82KB, 408x462px) Image search: [Google]
1485116940772.jpg
82KB, 408x462px
>>34102966
>i'm being retarded and NOBODY can stop me
>>
>>34102966

I hope this is bait.

You had a firearm -loaded- pointed nearly at your wifes head. Indoors.

You transported handguns in condition Zero.

Nearly Darwined your own family members twice.

Disgraceful. Age doesn't give any excuse for that kind of negligent bullshit.
>>
>>34103008
>loading an unproven non home defense gun indoors

Are you really so scared you only keep a loaded HD firearm in your house lol
>>
>>34102716
Is it an ND when the trigger reset spring on a Winchester mod 12 breaks and the gun slamfires when you try to load it?
>>
File: 89f.png (308KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
89f.png
308KB, 500x378px
>>34102966
Had one last week
>going to the zoo with the family
>bring my Remington 700 in a golf bag in case a harambe situation happens again
>go to the spider monkey cage
>monkey smells my panama jack pineapple cologne and gets agitated
>rub my straw hat on the cage to make fun of it
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>it started my son
>he knocks the bag out of my hand
>BANG
>giraffe fucking dies
>>
25 years.

Don't do stupid things like pull the trigger on a gun you haven't checked.

That was hard, wasn't it.
>>
>>34102716
>learned to shoot when old enough to walk
>taught safety and trigger discipline before I knew it
>at age 10 was permitted to dry fire any of dad's guns if I knew how to clear them
>20+ years of gun handling, never had an ND

Trigger discipline is so strong that it is maintained with squirt bottles.
>>
>>34103054
Are you so unfamiliar with guns you have to keep them unloaded?
>>
>>34102966
Clearly you aren't learning from your mistakes.

Here hoping you don't kill anyone else before you accidents kill yourself!
>>
File: it's you.jpg (59KB, 645x412px) Image search: [Google]
it's you.jpg
59KB, 645x412px
>>34102966
Dope b8 m8.
>>
>>34102966
I think it's long past time we take you to the euthanasia clinic, grandpa.
>>
File: 1494876602950.gif (518KB, 499x312px) Image search: [Google]
1494876602950.gif
518KB, 499x312px
>>34102716
Been shooting since I was twelve, owned guns since 16, 22 now. I've never ND'd because I'm not a fucking retard and keep my finger off the goddamned trigger. I also keep my guns unloaded until I'm about to shoot them.

As a side note, an old friend of mine ND'd into the awning of his shed with a 20 gauge when we were 13-14. Right next to my head. Really enforced trigger discipline for me.
>>
>>34103132
>d-d-do I have to eat the e-entire avocado?
>>
File: I7Tfo88.png (390KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
I7Tfo88.png
390KB, 640x359px
Sixty-four years and counting.
>>
Tell me if this counts:

>get first gun, g23
>LaughingWhores.jpg
>shooting inna desert
>getting used to dat reset
>while holding pistol down range with a freshly reset trigger, I move around adjusting my stance...
>boom! Shots fired!
>holy shit!
>think to myself this could be dangerous if one isn't paying 100% attention to finger on trigger
>stop practicing trigger reset, just shoot the shit

That's the only time I've fired without my own intent, so I reckon this counts as an ND. Idk. What do you guys think?
>>
>>34102716
I've never had an ND. I am 42, and had my first .22 rifle when I was 10. I bought my first pistol when I was 18.
>>
>>34103067
It's negligent if you knew about the faulty parts prior. It's accidental if else.
>>
5 years

Never had one yet.

I have a personal policy that if I'm cleaning or playing with an "unloaded" gun I don't just chamber check it when I first pick it up, I chamber check it literally every time I pick it up, I will not have an ND via Mandela effect. hell no.

Closest thing I've ever had was when I was flinch training with dummy rounds at the range I thought I was going to dry fire when in reality I had chambered a new round, but I was holding the gun correctly so the bullet still hit the target.
>>
File: whatthefuck.jpg (8KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuck.jpg
8KB, 222x293px
>>34103223
Why would I load a gun I know is broken? Nice to know I'm still technically ND free though.
>>
>>34102759
PTRs are known to do this in particular. That's a slam fire. Generally I wait till I'm at the range to charge it unless it's a home defense weapon.
>>
>>34103250
Some people don't use their brains and don't practice dat dere critical thinking skills you see, anon.
>>
>>34102966
This is pretty well-crafted bait; unfortunate that almost everyone is seeing through it.

>>34103132
Is this the power of the #swoleleft?
>>
>>34102716
been shootin' since 12
40 years
no nd
though nearly had a 12ga foot amputation by idiot friend

c'mon, it's not fucking rocket science.
also, I've never cut my pecker off with a chainsaw
>>
I've owned firearms for around 10 years, including mil experience, and never had one.

>Knock on wood
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 651x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 651x799px
>local gun range takes your picture and hangs it on the wall of shame if you ND
>there's pictures up there from the 1980's
>>
>>34102759
At least it wasn't a Glock. It would have blown up in your hands.
>>
File: IMG_20170319_202216284_HDR.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170319_202216284_HDR.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34103495
beautiful

Do they get permabanned or just PNG'd for a while?

Pix?
>>
>>34103528
Unless you really mess up and hurt someone or damage the property it's just the photo and shame, it's a pretty good motivator
>>
>>34102716
Hasguns one year.

I can see how it happens. I've been surprised by where the trigger breaks before, but don't play around with my shit unless I've cleared it.

Maybe I'll fuck up someday, but not yet.
>>
>>34102716
Around two years ownership, have shot lots before I bought any with family/friends. No ND for me, I just don't touch the trigger unless I intend to shoot. If I'm dry firing it's easy enough to just do a chamber check. I do the autistic thing of chamber checking any time I put it down and pick it back up even if I'm alone in the house without a round in the room. Better to be autistic than sorry.
>>
>>34102759
I dunno man, I don't know you, so you don't get the benefit of doubt.
>loading before you get to firing line
>bolt release on loaded weapon

nah, fukkit. ND, you spaz
>>
I'm in my 50's My first gun was a cut down rifle my uncle made for me to hunt deer with when I was 9. No NDs so far.
>>
File: 1477617865572.png (390KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
1477617865572.png
390KB, 640x460px
>firing 1911
>loading 3rds in mag
>followed by 2rds
>repeat x a box of ammo
>fire twice
>don't really notice the slide isn't locked back, got complacent thinking I loaded 2 rounds
>mom is there with me, asking about beavertail safety
>drop the mag out
>take hand off beavertail safety and mash the fuck out of the trigger
>nothing happens
>rack slide back to show her something else
>round pops out
>mfw
It was pointed downrage, the range was hot and it was all perfectly safe, but I was pretty damn close to an ND. Owned guns for 6 years now (22)
>>
>>34103622

>grip safety actually prevents an ND
Damn, that's something special right there.
>>
>>34103622
Praise be to the 1911! It can even save retards like you!

>Move out of your parents basement
>>
>>34102716
almost 4 years as a gun owner and the only way to prevent an ND is to have a conscious and aggressive attention to what you are doing while handling a firearm. people who lose that concentration and have an accident are only making excuses that it happens to everyone. but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and bet they'll probably never have one again. if they do they need to get someone to treat them like a 5 year old and teach them gun safety over again because they still have a child like mentality
>>
>>34103961
I haven't lived with my mom since I was 18, we're close and I took her out to the range to shoot .22 and throw clays for me.

Believe it or not, some people are close to their parents.
>>
>hasgunz for about one month
>5 years of armed forces without ND

Buddy of mine had one on the first live firing in basic. We both checked the chamber and it was clear. We both also missed the loaded mag in his rifle.
>>
Been shooting since i was about 5 when my grandad took me out to the creek to shoot bullfrogs.

Owned for about 20 years now. Not a single ND
>>
does archery count?

>drunk out in the shed with dad
>nock an arrow on a compound bow without a rest
>draw it back
>drunkenly weakened fingers release an arrow into the parts washer
>>
File: 1491702193061.gif (2MB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
1491702193061.gif
2MB, 550x309px
>>34102716
11 years.

Every time I pick up a gun, I remove the mag (if possible), visually and physically check that the chamber is clear, and practice autistic levels of trigger discipline, to the point that I do it on cordless drills and bottles of household cleaners too.
>>
Owned a gun since about 2013. Never ND'd.

Have owned a 9mm, a 380acp, a .22, an AKM, AR, and 12ga.
>>
File: 1459233426276.gif (910KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1459233426276.gif
910KB, 250x188px
>>34103189
>Antique Roadshow
>>
File: bait.jpg (13KB, 285x152px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
13KB, 285x152px
>>34102966
>>
everytime I pick up my guns, I make sure my finger or any other thing isn't going to depress the trigger. Drop mag. Rack slide. And a visual check of the chamber.
If I am extreme autismo, I check at an angle if light is coming through the barrel.

And if I do dry fire or exercises with dummy/snap caps, I put away all live ammunition. Double-triple check all the dummy/snap caps.

And because I get so autistic about it all, it's almost a ritual everytime I decide to molest my guns outside of the range.
>>
never had an nd
noguns
>>
>>34102982
PROVE IT SAFE
R
O
V
E
>>
>be me
>be at the range
>range is hot
>gun is pointed down range in general direction of my target
>begin to line up my sight picture
>before I get a chance to hold the sites where I want them, i accidentally pull the trigger
>round hits the cardboard backing 2 ft outside of my target
>never been more ashamed
>someone could have died
>>
>>34102716
3 years, 3 hand guns (soon to be 4), 5 rifles and 1 shotgun. Have never experienced a ND and I have yet to hear anyone that have said "NDs are inevitable" and I hope this isn't an accepted fact of gun ownership.
>>
I got my first gun, a glock 19 earlier this year. I'm worried I'm going to have an ND because for the first few months I just kept it around the house with a loaded mag in it and the chamber empty and got in the habit of fingerfucking it. Now I've got my carry permit on the way and want to carry it with one in the chamber but I'm worried I'll fuck up
>>
>>34102716
5 years, i currently have 8 long rifles and no handguns (due to country's laws)

Never dry fired because I've never had a weapon loaded unless i meant to shoot it.
>>
>>34102716
Shooter for 36 years no ND

People who do this should sell their guns
>>
Has guns for 14 years. Never had an ND. I've played with and shit guns hike drunk more times than I can remember. I've shot guns while tripping on shrooms and 2C-E. Ive never been im a car wreck that was my fault either. Yeah, I can completely understand how accidents happen but I think most people are just retarded to be honest.
>>
>>34104704
Aw for fucks sake
>>
>>34102716
No guns reporting- no NDs yet
>>
Been shooting guns for something like 15 years now and never had a ND. There's been a couple times when I failed to unload a weapon and didn't realize it until weeks later when I'd grab said weapon from the safe, do a chamber check and a round would fly out. But that's it.

Had a discharge due to a malfunction. My SKS slamfired a few weeks ago. But I was shooting with my buddy at my place and the rifle was pointed downrange so it was no big deal.
>>
>>34102966
>fucking kids who've owned pants for a few years and never shit them try to act superior

Jesus this is pathetic. I've owned pants for longer than most of you have been alive and I've had a few pant shits in my life. It's not a big deal, nor is it embarrassing or shameful. Everyone has a few eventually, stop trying to make yourselves out to be perfect. All it's going to do is make you feel worse about it when you do shit your pants (and you WILL shit your pants eventually, it's just a matter of time).

I used to think it'd never happen to me. Then I had one after I came home from with some bad ranch dip. Sure, I got scared, but I lived through it. The shit went right past my wife's head and smashed a picture on the wall. We were scared at the time but now we just laugh about it. My next one was when I took my son to the Sizzler. I pulled a 50% off coupon out of my fanny pack I brought and had it go off, right between his legs. He damn near shit himself, but we just laughed it off. And I've had plenty more over the years, nothing to be ashamed of.

Shitting yourself is not a big deal, so stop patting yourselves on the ass because you haven't had one yet. All it does is show how inexperienced you are with firearms and how far you have to go to get the experience of an old man like me.
>>
>>34102759
>loading the rifle inside the house
>not my fault
Why would you not wait until you got outside? That's 100% your fault even though it was a mechanical failure. I wouldn't even load the thing until I was ready to shoot and had it pointed in a safe direction.

(how the fuck do you guys tolerate the captcha on this site? It's fucking unacceptable)
>>
>>34103568
>bolt release on a loaded weapon
Have you literally only fired slavshit? Hitting the bolt release is part of reloading you fucking spastic.
>>
>>34103595
>in my 50s.

If you're serious, do you get all the lingo and the memes around this board? Seems so hard to believe anyone over like 35 would frequent this place.
>>
>>34104744
9/10
>>
>>34104782
Hello noguns newfag, you'll fit right in here
>>
>>34104797
>thinking only young people can into memes
Old people can be "hip" and "with it". Young people can be lame-ass squares too. Age really has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>34104082
I knew I wasn't alone, thank you for confirming my autism/proficiency levels anon.
>>
>>34104797
Just because all the 12yr olds are off for the summer, that doesn't mean people that have been here and actually care about relevant topics for this board leave
>>
File: zJGYz.gif (504KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
zJGYz.gif
504KB, 500x351px
>>34102716
>Been around guns? 21 years.
>Owned guns? 12 years.
>ND? Never.
>Marines 4 years.
Even while drunk I remember to treat every gun as loaded. Gif is my feelings about it.
>>
>>34102716
>owned
3 years. I've had access to guns for far longer though, my dad always kept the HD shotgun unsecured
>what I do to prevent it
Not be a retard, I don't see how any idiot has an ND
>>
>>34104837
I'm the opposite of a newfag, I just don't use 4cuck often because there's several better alternatives that aren't full of 12 year olds.
>>
You fags ever hear the phrase "knock on wood". Might want to try it after shitting up /k/ with your posts
>>
>>34104873
That still makes you a no guns fag.
>>
Does it count if someone else NDs your gun in your presence? Gun order for 15 years, that's the closest I've been.
>>
people who load their firearms when they fingerfuck them should go lay in a ditch
>>
>>34102716
15 years hasguns, no ND.
Buddy almost fuckin killed me with his first ND though.
>>
Had guns for almost a quarter a century.
Never had NDs nor ADs.
>>
>>34102716

12 years here, never had a ND.
>>
>>34102716
2 years, Don't own a shitty gun that can mechanically fail, don't be a idjit. Only time I nd'ed was with a airsoft gun when I was 16, still had one in the chamber and I cracked our semi old flatscreen, mom wasn't very happy.
>>
Haven't owned a gun for much longer than maybe a year.
>how to not ND
You don't load it until you have to.
Seriously, that's all.
In what situations will you ever need to load a live round into a gun for purposes other than perforating targets or people?
Snap caps exist, guys.
>>
>>34105592
>don't load it until you have to
>reach for gun because I need it
>WHOOPS ITS NOT LOADED.
Hol up, ja/Kwan. I dropped my mangoclip cause you caught me jerkin it and my hands are snakes. Lemme just rack...this...Hol up, hummie. Mah hands is covered in Vaseline.
>>
No NDs, but I have pulled the trigger on an empty chamber without checking first, like a dumbass.
>>
File: 1483948809196.jpg (39KB, 389x361px) Image search: [Google]
1483948809196.jpg
39KB, 389x361px
>>34102759
>100% the weapons fault
>>
>>34102716
With 100,000,000 gun owners in the nation, it's inevitable that someone who is treating their gun with reasonable precautions will make a mistake and fire off a round. While many people will have never ND'd, that doesn't necessarily mean that they're handling their guns any more safely than those who have.

Someone is going to chamber a round in their glock, try to put it in their holster, and accidentally catch the trigger on something in a rush.

Someone is going to clear their gun, leave the room, come back and mess with it, and fire a round off into their basement wall when someone else fucked with their gun when they were away.

Someone's going to have an extractor issue, assume that their weapon is clear, and fire a round because they've gotten complacent and the last 2,000 times they cleared the gun there was no issue.

Point being, .000001% isn't 0, and with 100,000,000 gun owners in the US, some of them are going to fuck up in a manner that they are responsible for, but not especially culpable for.
>>
>>34102759
>slamfire on an untested modified weapon anywhere but at the range

yeah, you're not even close to blameless on this one
>>
I've never had a ND. I'm nogunz.

>You see, Ivan, you cannot discharge that which you do not own!
>>
The only ND I've ever had was with my Colt Frontier Scout .22 single action revolver that I've probably shot thousands of times by now.
Classic case of slipping off the hammer when resetting it. At least I was pointing downrange and it nearly hit the target I was previously shooting.
I swear it has the smallest hammer on any of my firearms.
>>
>>34102759
One would imagine that you would check to see if the firing pin is sticking out when the bolt is back. Especially given the fact that you had converted it.
>>
>>34103272
>PTRs are known to do this in particular
No

Century C308s are known to do this. Not PTRs.
>>
>>34105623
>there must be a round in the chamber at all times
>having such sweaty meathands that you can't charge the gun
Honestly it sounds like the vast majority of NDs occur because you people were fucking with the gun while it was loaded. You leave it on your night stand or in your glove compartment, whatever, and you don't touch it for anything except to clear it and do maintenance, how many NDs are you honestly going to have?
>>
File: 1440030334231.jpg (58KB, 344x291px) Image search: [Google]
1440030334231.jpg
58KB, 344x291px
>>34102759
>I was loading a rifle in the house
Yeah, nah. That was 100% your fucking fault.
>>
What about shooting before you were ready to at the range? Is the an ND?

>Shooting a revolver in single action
>>
>>34105794
>Taking a step outside doesn't make the round being fired off any safer. So long as you're pointing the gun in a safe direction, loading it inside the house or outside is irrelevant. A hole in your wall is not a life lost.

Plus, do you go outside to load your carry gun?
>>
>>34105794
How do you load your guns for home defense/carry?
>>
>>34105794
Do you not have a rifle for home defense ya cunt?

Get this:
>Everyday I stick a loaded handgun
>in my pants
And it doesn't even have a safety!

Get fucked noguns
>>
Everytime you touch a gun:

Eyeball that shit
Fingerfuck the chamber
Acknowledge the fact that there is a magical boolit that can teleport into battery when you're not looking
Never assume anything
Never take shortcuts
The gun is always loaded and ready to discharge, even if you checked it 3 minutes ago, in an empty room with no one else around
Don't handle a weapon if you're tired or distracted

This is how not to ND.
My first shooting experience was at 9 years old, 1975. Have been shooting ever since - no ND. Not to say I've messed up in terms of the 4 rules due to inexperience early on... but never ever discharged

Hell, when I go to the LGS to fingerfuck something, I double check everything again even when the clerk clears and safes the weapon in front of me. I'd expect them to follow suit when I hand it back to them.
>>
>>34102716
9 years, no NDs. I have three dozen guns, I handle them every day, shooting usually every weekend.

The only accident I've had was with my SKS. It was clean, in good condition, firing pin wasn't stuck or anything. It was pointed at the target and the range was hot, I loaded a new box of factory ammo I wanted to try (commercial, not surplus), and just the inertia of the firing pin was enough to set off the primer when I let the bolt fly home. After that happened, I checked the firing pin, inspected the brass and saw the shallow but still present strike.

tl;dr fucking watch out when you're loading soft-primer commercial ammo in an SKS, always check new ammo safely.
>>
>>34105794
>I-I would never have a loaded weapon in the house!
>why do you have guns anyway? Guns kill people!
>>
>>34105812
this. mild OCD really helps prevent NDs
>>
>>34103595
50 years old
uses the internet
this is either made up or impressive
>>
>>34105849
Counterexample: professors at a university known for being majority engineering majors.
>>
First gun at 16, now 23.

7 years, last 3 years is when i started to buy a lot of guns though.

Yet to have a ccl but i do have loaded guns in my room, or at least that have full mags nearby
>>
>>34102716

>A little over 3 months
>Finger off the trigger
>Clear and safety check my firearm, always keeps them loaded
>Practice with my firearm
>Never touch it while the under influence of anything
>>
File: I am the pussy master.gif (469KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
I am the pussy master.gif
469KB, 260x146px
>>34102716
5 years
>>
9 years of accident free gun ownership, thanks to keeping my goddamn finger off the trigger. Also, I hunt mostly with a k31 which has the safest safety to ever safen a gun.
>>
>>34105903
being an engineering professor is impressive. you need a PhD for that
>>
File: IMG_1431.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1431.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34102716
I had an nd with a flintlock. Flint wasn't striking so I dumped the pan and barrel (just a blank load) and knapped the Flint. Tested the knap and bam. Just enough residue on the pan and not all the powder came out of the barrel. Scared the shit out of me. It's been 5 years...
>>
File: 1391984403697.jpg (12KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1391984403697.jpg
12KB, 250x188px
I saw a round bounce off a clearing table and then BACK INTO BATTERY through the ejection port, which was promptly discharged into a bag of ammo because the guy didn't notice and was just hammering out what should be a foolproof clearing procedure.
I would call bullshit if I didn't literally watch it happen. I now rack all pistols twice or more before dropping hammer or striker when clearing just in case God decided to fuck with me that day like he did to that guy.
>>
File: inrange.jpg (487KB, 1080x776px) Image search: [Google]
inrange.jpg
487KB, 1080x776px
>>34102716
Using guns for 16 years. Owned one for just 3. No ND.

I was brought up with two major rules, and was pretty much free to do anything as long
>Never chamber a live round in the house unless someone's breaking in and you need to kill them.
>Whenever you pick up a gun, check to see if it is loaded. Never assume.

If either rule is followed, you can never ND. Also why I carry Condition 3.

>>34102966
People like you are exactly the reason I feel justified in my caution.
>>
>>34105697
I'd say you'd still be culpable for most of that shit.
>Someone is going to chamber a round in their glock, try to put it in their holster, and accidentally catch the trigger on something in a rush
Take time holstering, and don't use flimsy holsters. You may have to draw from your holster in a rush, but I can't think of any situation where you absolutely, 100% have to re-holster in a rush.
>Someone is going to clear their gun, leave the room, come back and mess with it, and fire a round off into their basement wall when someone else fucked with their gun when they were away
Don't live with shitty people, or, failing that, lock your gun up whenever you're leaving it unattended. Although if a roommate or something did that I'd have an intentional discharge into their fucking head.
>Someone's going to have an extractor issue, assume that their weapon is clear, and fire a round because they've gotten complacent and the last 2,000 times they cleared the gun there was no issue.
That's why you're told to visibly inspect the chamber, nigger. Emphasis on visibly. That one is a basic tenet of firearms safety.

Yes I realize dumbfucks and lazy bastards will ND, but you have a responsibility to not be a dumbfuck or lazy.
>>
>>34102716
Never had an ND in 4 years of gun ownership, but i did get very close to shooting myself in the palm trying to clear a jam. Saw what I was doing and felt a bit sick as I got myself out of it. Haven't forgotten it, and haven't had anything close to an incident since.
>>
Can I post here if I've learned my lesson and still feel ashamed whenever I think about it?
>>
>>34102716
>"NDs are inevitable" bullcrap from the irresponsible blubbery bronies
Its the same shit people who spread STDs around
>>
Owned and regularly shot my first firearm at age 10 (a .22 Marlin). Have owned and shoot dozens since. Never been a time I didn't shoot at least once a week. Never had an ND.
I keep my finger off the damn trigger like I was taught, use the safety switch, don't keep one in the chamber, and don't own a Glock.
>>
>>34107875
condition 3 topkek
>>
File: 1487099745937s.jpg (2KB, 125x114px) Image search: [Google]
1487099745937s.jpg
2KB, 125x114px
>2 year gun owner
>ND free to date

How do I manage it?
>be too poor to afford ammo
Feels bad man.

Oh. Also I DON'T ACT LIKE A RETARD.

That helps too.
>>
File: SAM_0006.jpg (1MB, 1844x1383px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0006.jpg
1MB, 1844x1383px
Fuck people. No ND's for as long as I've owned a firearm.
>>
22 years.
Being careful?
I could maybe try to claim it has something to do with my 99.9th percentile intelligence, but it seems like common sense. You could probably be dead average intelligence and still never ND as long as you're cautious.

Basically the ammo stays away from the gun unless I am carrying or shooting. How guns "go off" while cleaning is totally beyond my imagination. Why were there bullets anywhere nearby while you're cleaning? Do you live in a broom closet? I don't get it.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.