[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Navy SEAL dies after parachute malfunctions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

File: 1484138205451.jpg (96KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484138205451.jpg
96KB, 900x600px
Scary way to go, rite?

>A member of the US Navy's elite skydiving team has died in front of thousands of spectators on Sunday after his parachute malfunctioned during an exhibition jump at Fleet Week festival in New York Harbor.
>Four SEALs from the US Navy Parachute Team, the Leap Frogs, dropped out of a helicopter as part of the stunt, but one of the parachutes failed to open.

https://www.rt.com/usa/390117-seal-parachute-killed-fleet-week/

No backup???
>>
>>34102713
Didn't happen. My suggestion is that you stop reading Russian propaganda.
>>
That is a ridiculous amount of kit
>>
The news said he cut his chute when he was over the Hudson river to try and save himself. He was recovered by a boat and died in hospital.
>>
>>34102817
>Didn't happen
>Russian propaganda
Is that you, Hillary Clinton, you disgusting old cunt?
>>
>>34103034
I lol'd
>>
>>34103034
>rt
>not Russian propoganda
Wew lad, you must be new here. /Pol/ is thataway
>>
>>34103100
>MUH RUSSINA PROPAGANDA MEME
kek.. stupid neocon scum
>>
didn't they accuse Putin of making up training accidents to cover up losses in Ukraine? Means the US government is doing it. That guy may have been an ISIS advisor lol
>>
>>34102713
"All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

assuming it's not propaganda, black swans/Murphy's Law can and will happen
>>
>>34102713
The parachute malfunction was clearly caused by Trump having two scoops.
>>
>>34103109
RT is literally a state mouthpiece
>>
>>34103100
>>34103109
seriously what is up with the anti-russia war monger shills?
>>
>>34103210
its called global engagement and counter messaging

the post containing RTmust have popped up on their feed
>>
>>34103138
Who did they pull from the water then? There is video of the entire incident.
>>
>>34103253
idk, the part where he was pulled from the water was on a Russian propaganda site apparently
>>
File: ppujz1wkvjxy.jpg (40KB, 614x591px) Image search: [Google]
ppujz1wkvjxy.jpg
40KB, 614x591px
>>34103199
>>
>>34102713
>No backup???
More like too low to engage the secondary
Don't join if you can't take a joke
>>
>>34103228
kinda make their shilling obvious tho, just making statements on the internet without proof they aren't trolling lies- what? do they think people would just do that? go on the internet and believe everything they see?
>>
>>34103273
yeah, a heli-jump seems like it would be really fucking low alt, no room for a single mistake
>>
>>34102713
>rt
>>
>>34103319
idk man, the government runs the DMV offices too. I am not surprised their shilling is inept
>>
>>34103343
a point to you, but that just implies the deep state apparatus is the most likely contributor to this annoyance
>>
>>34102713
This is happening way too often now
>>
>>34102713
>parachute malfunction

this is my greatest fear next to getting my throat slit.
>>
>>34104375
Hey, being a wetwork op is messy business.
>>
>>34102835

Not really. He does have dive kit added, that takes up a shit load of space.
>>
>>34102713
>rt
I know sometimes they aren't bullshiting
but any other source?
>>
http://abcnews.go.com/US/navy-seal-killed-parachute-accident-honored-memorial-day/story?id=47709179
For all the shills
>inb4 mobile poster
>>
What a hell of a way to die.
He ain't gonna jump no more.
>>
File: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.jpg (7KB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.jpg
7KB, 480x268px
>>34104787
>Press F5 to pay respects
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzrYgDnewSI
>>
>>34102713

How old are these parachutes? They shouldn't be older than the guys operating them!
>>
>>34102713
Some rigger is gonna get fucked hard
>>
Just in time for memorial day
>>
here's some fucked up shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBIDlAkOlao
>>
>>34105279

I asked the Navy what they were using for their parachutes. "Nylon, sir." Ah, not using silk anymore. Hows that working? "Not well, sir. Not well. We have SEALs jumping and their chutes aren't opening." I asked what system they were rigging. "The nylon" they said. No, no you're not. You're going with goddamned silk! The nylon is too expensive and doesn't work!
>>
>>34104787
>>34105178
That song was my first thought when I heard this story.
RIP
>>
>>34105457
Why couldn't they just reel him in?
>>
>>34103109
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ugCIjzHptA&list=PLGH1HRmkQypzhlwtlxQoafwVVzSFbamL7
Well if you're Alex Jones tier then i guess 9/11 shit is just normal journalism

Or what about Venezuela the promised land
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxmuwufSxLE

That they might report on something factually accurate from time to time to hook you in doesn't mean that they aren't state propaganda garbage.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUmGvyUIU_E&list=PL172C9CC073815D38

Jetfuel can't melt steel beams folks
>>
>>34105611
Towed Jumper. Most aircraft have a system retrieval to tow him back into the plane. The Thais either didn't have that on the bird or it broke.
>mfw I was almost a towed jumper because a dumbass officer dropped his static line and it wrapped around my arm when I jumped out

Hurt like a son of a bitch but I managed to throw my arm back as soon as it caught around my elbow. Smashed the side of the plane and then landed safely. Scariest jump ever. Fuck officers and fuck jumping a saw
>>
>>34105647
The obverse arguement is that they softened under heat enough to fail and then said failure physically stressed the remaining superstructure beyond tolerances leading to total collapse.... straight into the building's basement.
>>
>>34103109
QFFT! Fucking neolibs and neocons have completed their melding and have revealed themselves to just be the neostatistcucks of all time.
>>
>>34105675
Brief summary of what happened:
>Plane impacts
>Immediately destroys exterior columns, damages inner core where staircases and elevators are, impact knocks fire proofing foam off beams and trusses
>Jet fuel is dispersed and explodes like a FAB, most ignites outside building
>Jet fuel quickly burns away but it has already started other fires
>All the furnishings, paper, electronics, and other stuff inside roughly six floors is ignited
>Fire has a steady fuel source and air flow and becomes hot
>Unprotected steel only needs to reach around 1000F (A common house fire these days can get up into the 2000s F jsut to give you an idea how little 1000F is) before it starts to expand and weaken
>Trussed floors begin to sag from heat and bolt connections between the exterior walls and inner core start to fail
>One floor falls onto the one below
>Design not built to handle a dynamic load so the floor below is overwhelmed by the sudden weight and fails as well
>And so on
>Continue this downward into the lobby and basement
>>
>>34105675
The real reason is that there's a difference in burn temp between a puddle of jet fuel, and a honeycomb of jet fuel soaked office supplies and carpet in a 104 story chimney.

For fuck sake I can melt steel in a bloomery with charcoal, you get enough air flow and enough draft and of course you can get jet fuel to burn hot enough to melt steel.

Also you can't forget the chemtrail tanks, who knows how hot that stuff burns?
>>
>>34105731
>Also you can't forget the chemtrail tanks, who knows how hot that stuff burns?

kek
>>
>>34102713
Why don't they make a system where both your standard and backup parachutes always activate at the same time; essentially no backup chute but you have two always opening in tandem?

Each one would be smaller than a regular one so they don't interfere with each other. As a result they aren't 100% safe landings by themselves but since both attempt to open at the same time you don't have to spend time processing a malfunction and then decide to open the other. More likely that at least one goes out and provides a rough landing rather than none working in time.
>>
>>34105723
>believing the official narrative
nice fairy tale
>>
>>34105723
>One floor falls onto the one below
>Design not built to handle a dynamic load so the floor below is overwhelmed by the sudden weight and fails as well
>And so on
>Continue this downward into the lobby and basement
allow me to continue this line of perfectly sound reasoning
>asymmetries in floor failure are introduced by the haphazard alignment of the collision, introduction of damage, dispersal of fuel, and arrangement of office furniture and supplies
>the impacted floors will thus fail in an unpredictable fashion
>asymmetries introduced in total collapse of the floor will compound into further asymmetries in the downward collapse
>the tower should, by all logical ration, collapse on one side faster than the others
>however, the towers collapsed near vertical, as the tin foil groups have endlessly expounded upon and investigated
>therefore the official narrative appears to be wildly incorrect when compared to what really happened
>a controlled well-prepared demolition by powers that be
>>
>>34105777
That's my own conclusion a someone who has studied fire and buildings, and the WTC in particular.
It was 1960s lightweight construction. Just because it was the biggest building in the world at the time did not change that fact.

>>34105790
They did collapse to an angle and they had different failure points.
"Truthers" like to ignore that and just say they fell down perfectly symmetrical.
>>
>>34105804
sauce, please, you can't just assert a datapoint as important as that without sauce
>>
>>34105804
wtc 5
>>
File: 1458121269833.jpg (43KB, 397x395px) Image search: [Google]
1458121269833.jpg
43KB, 397x395px
>>34105731
Now this is a fucking quality shitpost.
>>
>>34105836
>>34105826
this as well, wtc5 still kills the premise of a fire-made collapse being cogent
>>
>>34105826
Sauce for what? The construction methods or about the collapse?
The construction of the buildings can be seen in pic related.

The evidence of the collapse is visible in any video that's not zoomed in and is facing the area impacted. The top 40 or so floors of the South Tower fall off and the floors begin to collapse below. That indicates the failure point was in the exterior walls since the top part of the building leaned and fell away before being obscured by the smoke.
On the North Tower it was more vertical and uniform because the floor connections to the center core are what failed. You can see the antenna plunge downward for a few seconds because the hat truss (Taking up the top three floors of the building) was intact.

>>34105836
>>34105853
What about 5 WTC?
>>
Another seal died recently during a training like this. Isn't this shit happening a lot now?
>>
LOOK OUT BELOW I'M COMIN THROUGH.
>>
File: 1476231220038.jpg (68KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1476231220038.jpg
68KB, 699x485px
>>34105731
>>
>>34105790
skyscrapers are build with an "exoskeleton" so they collapse more or less straight instead of tipping over and killing 20k instead 2
>>
>be an elite operator that takes years and millions of dollars to train up to novice level. then more years and millions to continue training and maintenance.
>let them do something risky like parachuting for reasons not training or missions. because they common man on the street will some how be more entertained by SEALs parachuting, than some common seamen.
>>
He cut away from his chute trying to be cool and land in the water but misjudged the height and died. He was a retard.
>>
is it caught on cam?

link if it is
>>
>>34108150
for one some common seamen don't know how to fucking parachute. pretty much all of the military's military freefall schools are at capacity training SOF guys.

and nobody lets them do that kind of dog and pony bullshit, they'd much rather stay in and drink, or throw 9-bangers into the team room, or lift weights. fleet week parachuting is because orders
>>
>>34108150
It doesn't take millions of dollars to train someone in buds. The cost is measured in time, not just dollars.

Your more likey to get run over by a Somalian driving an uber car vs dying in a skydiving acident.
If anything this has inspired me to enlist into challenge program for buds.
>>
>>34108943
source
>>
>>34102817
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/28/us/navy-seal-dies-in-parachute-incident/
>>
>>34103253
>They expect to find one of us in the wreckage, brother
>>
>>34109521
>cnn
US propaganda. That's the worst propaganda news site of them all. Nothing even comes to the level of lies that come from CNN.
>>
>>34105647
you know what can demolish a world trade center
a plane ramming into it at i-don't-know-how-fast-planes-go-but-it's-fast speeds.
>>
>>34111085
What IS a good source, according to the alt-meme?
Lemme guess, Stormfront?
>>
>>34111453
>all these strawmen
stay stupid.

btw, propaganda against US population is now legal. no wonder you can't even figure out what's true or not anymore.
>>
>>34111515
You still haven't answered what a good source for news is, faggot.
Your next post will be "I'm not gonna spoonfeed you, c-cuck!".
>>
>>34111529
why don't you do some research on your own, baka? why do you want to be spoonfed? can't you go on a search engine and type in few words like "cnn fake news propaganda" and read on your own?

ps: the reason why you're so retarded is because you're so used on others telling you what to belive.
>>
>>34111575
>why can't you
Because you keep claiming everything is fake news, without stating what isn't, which makes me believe you're just some jewish fuck running a divide and conquer scheme on people to take them to pre-approved "alt-jew" resources to fill up the (((alt-right))) with more people, giving the moderates the illusion that either side of the divide and conquer is worth joining and not just a jewish scheme meant to distract from real issues like government corruption and overbearing federal power.
Fuck off JIDF.
>>
>>34105804
What is Building 7 for 2000 Alex.
>>
File: 1495732438666.jpg (59KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
1495732438666.jpg
59KB, 500x428px
>>34104411
Drowing Is one of mine
>>
>>34104787
He didn't fly too good
>>
>>34108996
buds is just selection. you aren't trained there. you are beaten to see if you will break. if you don't you're a seal.
>>
Gory, gory, what a hell of a way to die...
>>
File: 1495398819378.jpg (123KB, 1024x886px) Image search: [Google]
1495398819378.jpg
123KB, 1024x886px
this was no accident.
>>
>>34113045
>buds is just selection
Buds is actually the "school" for seals. Where they go threw hellweek and have fun on the beach and go for nice swims. Selection is done in regular boot camp where you have to be able to pass the physical entrance test.
>>
>>34105773
Parachutes already drop you at the maximum safe speed to get you to the ground as fast as possible. Landing on a single smaller one would end up as an almost certain maiming.

And these guys use steerable parachutes anyway.
>>
>>34103034
>>34103109
>>34103210
>>34103228
>>34103319
>>34104768
Not even /pol/ is delusional enough to trust anything RT says. Motherfucking /pol/. It has nothing to do with "LOL MUH ANTI-RUSSIA" bullshit, RT is just shit. Go back to wherever you came from.
>>
GORY GORY WHAT A HELLUVA WAY TO DIE
>>
The ambulance was on the spot, the jeeps were running wild.
The medics jumped and screamed with glee, rolled up their sleeves and smiled.
For it had been a week or more since last a 'chute had failed.
And he ain't gonna jump no more...
>>
>>34103265
>dorgranblurmpf.jpg
>>
File: succoyveyyyy.png (25KB, 135x92px) Image search: [Google]
succoyveyyyy.png
25KB, 135x92px
>>34105723
how would a bunch of sand niggers figure out that this would work?
>>
>>34105457
jesus that sucks. all i could think of would be for them to nose down and try to 'mexican ball in the cup' him back into the plane.
>>
can you imagine levels of panic first when you realize that malfunction happened
and second literally a second or two prior to the impact with the ground
>>
>>34104787
It really makes me sad.
>be Navy SEAL
>trained to be one of the toughest warriors on the planet
>probably went through some close ones overseas, survived the unimaginable
>you don't die like a hero in a magnificent battle, laying in a pile of empty brass after having taken hundreds of enemies down with you
>no...you helplessly fall to your death attempting a stunt to entertain a bunch of football fans

RIP
>>
>>34115144
Probably didn't. Idea was probably just to turn a jetliner into an improvised KKBM.
>>
>>34102713
>https://www.rt.com

Gotta need a real source on that.
>>
>>34102713
>seal
arent those fellas supposed to swim?
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.