[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is rebluing a pistol at home hard? Pic related, have a surplus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 941r.jpg (23KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
941r.jpg
23KB, 400x273px
Is rebluing a pistol at home hard? Pic related, have a surplus one and want to give it a shot.
>>
if its just to stop it from rusting its easy. if its to look nice its hard and you will probably fuck it up a few times. try on scrap metal first. if you dont have the proper items and are going to wing it just go pay someone.
>>
>>34102037
I doubt if that finish is blued. Its probably black nitrite or some such. To blue a gun you need to chemically remove the finish, then buff.

TLDR don't bother with hot blue. I used to know Bob Chow, the master bluer. Though he did catch his mission st. gun shop second story on fire once.
>>
>>34102037
Hot bluing is very difficult to do.
As >>34102223 says, it looks like Parkerizing- which is doable if you're able to follow instructions, fastidiously clean and some basic knowledge of chemistry.
>>
>>34102037
Mosin Virus had a video about a gun he blued. Lot's of prep work and even with his autistic attention to detail he still messed up part of the bluing.
>>
>>34102037
Nope.
All you need is a couple thing of stump remover and a pan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_IeMl6R8fc

I would post a more in depth thing about using stump remover but its a plebbit post
>>
File: thinking emoji.jpg (3KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
thinking emoji.jpg
3KB, 90x90px
So wait, to get this gun back to something like out of the box quality, would I want to reparkerize it or reblue it?
>>
>>34102037
Don't even worry about it, it's way too much trouble. Sell it to me instead.
>>
>>34103047

No, it was fucking difficult to get
>>
>>34103057
And even more difficult to maintain. Not worth the headache and you need the money
>>
>>34103076

Nice try, 941R's are rare as fuck now. Should have gotten them when they were around a couple years ago.
>>
>>34103094
I know. But I was a poorfag then. I'll get one eventually, they pop up on gunbroker from time to time. There's one on there now, but i want the 4.4 inch, not the 3.8.

You shot it yet? How do you like it?
>>
>>34103141

Shoots amazing, pretty much a DA CZ-75. Better than the M9's at my unit anyway. Love everything about it, might figure out a way to CC it.
>>
File: 123431243124.png (168KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
123431243124.png
168KB, 300x300px
>>34102037
>A blued Jericho
>>
>>34103173
Sounds amazing. Can't wait to get one. I realize they're basically CZ's, but I just don't like the way 75's look. Combine that with my space cowboy itch and my jew roots calling to me, it's all I can do to not drop 800 on one.
>>
>>34103267

Same reasons I got one. Half Jewish, 6'1", used to have a Jewfro like bebop man. I'll grow it out again once I'm out of the service and take up bounty hunting.
>>
>>34102037

Pretty easy to do, unless you're autistic.
>>
>>34102037

bump

could I just use duracoat?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.