[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to make a perfect rifle with enough money? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1442181993620.png (445KB, 1176x664px) Image search: [Google]
1442181993620.png
445KB, 1176x664px
Is it possible to make a perfect rifle with enough money? I'm talking multiple millions of dollars dedicated to making a single rifle - a rifle that shoots 0 MOA consistently, exhibits little to no bullet drop, never suffers mechanical failure, and has parts that never wear out. Could this be a thing?
>>
File: mk23.png (2MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
mk23.png
2MB, 1200x900px
>>34101056
well duh

just make a barrel long enough so that it touches the target you intend to destroy
>>
>>34101056
Are you retarded?
>>
>>34101245
topkek
>>
>>34101056
>exhibits little to no bullet drop

yeah, just turn off physics
>>
>>34101056
I'll bite, the provocation is too crispy.
Almost (all) modern guns were meant to win govt contracts - thus compromising quality - or markets, which mostly meant producing cheap to get big numbers.

Has there ever been an alternative, a if you ask it you can't afford it' gun much like other luxury categories as watches, cars, or would it be possible now? I guess we're not talking about target shooting guns but """""real""""" rifles
>>
>>34101409
What?
>>
>>34101484
"Bullet drop" is a function of gravity. Either fight in outer space, or turn all your projectiles into missiles.
>>
>>34101519
>bullet drop doesn't exist in space
consider sterilization
>>
>>34101519
Didn't see that he said that in the original post, sorry about that.

Either way, >>34101056 you're fucking dumb and no such this is possible due to the limitations of physics.
>>
>>34101056
What on Earth are you talking about, if this is bait its really making you look retarded.
A machine will have mechanical failures there is no way to stop that unless it's a solid tube.
Has parts that never wear out? Metal rubbing against metal will always wear out.
And little to no bullet drop, this is hardly even influenced by the rifle itself and more the bullet.
Mate, go play a video game and get off /k/.
>>
>>34101525
Well baited but even the newfag who made this retarded thread isn't that stupid
>>
>>34101620
are you implying that bullet drop doesn't exist in space?
>>
>>34101634
Not the same person but technically if you were not near any large masses, the bullet would stay accurate. Once something imposes its gravity on the bullet, its trajectory will change.
>>
>>34101056
>little to no bullet drop

Not unless you repeal gravity.
>>
>>34101056
The short answer is no.
The long answer is no.
Sage goes in all fields.
>>
>>34101525
Ok. I got a Buck knife, drop trou and hold still. You may feel some discomfort.
>>
>>34102010
Gravity always has an effect on you, no matter how far away you are from an object. Of course, as you get farther away, it's not as strong, but all objects will always pull on each other.
>>
>>34101056
>a rifle that shoots 0 MOA consistently

no. humans can't do absolutes. our ability to measure isn't sufficient. we could perhaps get extremely low MoA, though. 0 is too precise, though.

>exhibits little to no bullet drop

This is impossible. Even if you were to accelerate the round to orbital velocity, air resistance would slow it down and make it fall eventually.

>never suffers mechanical failure

no, and exceedingly reliable designs tend to lose out in MoA due to the engineering considerations.

>has parts that never wear out

sure, and while we're at it, let's just say fuck the second law of thermodynamics and break physics altogether.
As it stands, you can only make rifles that are good within a certain set of parameters. "no bullet drop", "0 MoA" and "never wears out" are physically impossible. you have to modify your requests to "no bullet drop within xx meters" or "negligible group size within xx meters" or "does not wear out within xx rounds".
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.