[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the G36 a piece of shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0035.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0035.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Is the G36 a piece of shit?
>>
>>34100327
no
>>
>>34100327
yes
>>
>adopted by several countries and special forces
Hmm you tell me.
>>
>>34100327
>>34100336
>>34100342
(you)
>>
>german government wants to replace it because of heavy accuracy problems
Hmm you tell me.
>>
File: AuEbRnn.jpg (77KB, 981x688px) Image search: [Google]
AuEbRnn.jpg
77KB, 981x688px
>>34100327
fox and grapes.
>>
>>34100327
>catches fire
lel
>>
>>34100327
After it's been fired some and I guess the barrel heats up it loses a lot of accuracy.
>>
>>34100372
When was the last time the German government actually made a good military decision?
>>
>>34100327
If you ask Ursula and fat fuck Americans that have never used one outside of CoD and BF then yes.

If you ask the Bundeswehr and every military/police unit that's adopted it, then its fine just like every other short stroke piston 556 rifle.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>>34100404
>>
>>34100327
I own an SL8 and I HATE it. Shit ergos, plastic everywhere, shit proprietary plastic magazines, plastic charging handle on top of the gun, plastic safety, and still somehow heavier than my metal piece of shit bushmaster ar-15.

And more felt recoil than a .223 should ever have due to its really high bore axis.
>>
>>34100404
To adopt the G1.

Switching from G3 to G36 just caused problems.
>>
>>34100443
You're tryna pretty hard there pal
>>
>>34100443
Should add it's the US version, I hear the Canadian model is slightly less shitty
>>
>>34100443
That's what you get for buying a cucked rifle
>>
>>34100327
mechanically, no. it's the same mechanism they put directly into the HK416/17

the problem is that the barrel is literally molded into the plastic of the reciever, which is fucked, and means you have to replace 2/3 of the weapon if either of those parts fucks up
>>
>>34100327
Does it have issues? Yeah
Realistically will you ever encounter those issues? No
My only gripe using it was the stupid nubs on the magazine (and not being able to shave them off or cover them) and I've heard people say the carrying hand optic is shit, but since I was issued a railed upper I don't have any experience with that.
Other than that it's really nice and light, feels lighter than an M4.
t.Lithuanian
>>
>>34100485
I thought that some variants had metal reinforcements by the barrel but the cheap version lacks that and the German military uses the cheap version, hence the problem.
>>
>>34100506
Any complaints with accuracy after sustained fire? I keep reading the exported g36s are suppose to have better polymers.
>>
>>34100552
Not that I've ever experienced.
The training rifles we used had thousands of rounds shot through them and they were still very accurate.
Also not related but, one cool thing I've heard is that German G36 don't have a bolt release like our G36 do..
>>
Apart from the fact that it's hideous, chambered in fuddy five, and only has six rounds in the magazine?

I guess it's okay, but you'd be better off with a g30s
>>
>>34100617
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>34100617
Remember kids, don't smoke crack
>>
>barrel literally molded straight into plastic
yes
also
>fully made out of plastic
>still heavy af
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.