[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colt Trooper value?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG951025 1.jpg (108KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG951025 1.jpg
108KB, 960x1280px
So, I put my Yugo Npap AK47 with 3 tapco mags and 1 metal mag on armslist, and wanted trades or 600 obo. I got a few shitty offers here and there, but there's a certain one that caught my eye.

Today, I got a text from someone that wanted to trade their Colt Trooper mk3 for my ak. It is 357, and has a 6 inch barrel. Would I get the better end of the deal if I traded? I want a revolver, but I never expected a revolver like this in a trade.

I got pic related and 1 more, and I can ask more questions if need be. I need guidence right fucking now, /k/.
>>
File: FullSizeR 1.jpg (118KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeR 1.jpg
118KB, 864x1152px
Text from him after I told him i'll think about it:

Sorry no holster. It was my dads n i'm just looking to trade for something i'd shoot more. Think about it n shout back at me. Otherwise i'm probably just gonna list it for sale.
>>
bumping for desperation.
>>
>>34098186
My unqualified guess: Looks pretty good, would do.
At least i doubt that you would be totally ripped off - if you would like to own a .357 Revolver you are good to go ... i think.
>>
>>34098248
Thanks for your input, I do want a 357 revolver. But I need someone who knows about colt revolvers and maybe determine what value the revolver is.
>>
Yeah, i just went the easy way

>what does rifle cost new?
>how much would a Mk.III Trooper in 357 cost me if i buy one now from someone.

If you would be ok with 600 you should be ok with that gun. But that are just my five cents ... sorry.
>>
>>34098318
no it's fine, my ak is 600 because I thought it was a fair price for something shot 50 times.
>>
I'd take it. Definitely check the revolver over for timing issues and hammer step off.
>>
>>34099176
Thanks, how would one check for those however?
>>
>>34099211
Youtube is your friend, but check for movement in the cylinder/forcing cone problems etc
>>
The Mark IIIs are the worst of the Troopers due to them being the first to have sintered internals. You know how there's a lot of rage among old fudds towards anything MIM? It's unjustified today, as long as the MIM is done correctly (look up how many MIM parts your typical HK handgun has), but the reason MIM has such a bad rap among those old fudds to begin with is specifically because of how fragile and low quality the first iterations of the technology--like the internals of a Colt Mk. III Trooper, for example--were.

Additionally, Colts are infamous for having the weakest action design among the three major American manufacturers of DA revolvers, and gunsmiths who are actually certified to work on them are literally a dying breed.

All that being said, I would still consider taking the deal as long as the revolver is in good shape. This means that the bore is shiny and has no pitting, the forcing cone has no cracks or pitting, the frame hasn't experienced cracks or stretching, the timing and lockup is perfect, pushing the back of the hammer doesn't trip the sear, and the gun is free from rust (be sure to check under the grips...) and hasn't been clumsily refinished. A Colt Trooper, even one with sintered internals, is IMO a more interesting gun than a Yugo AK. Your mileage may vary though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.