[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Walker Gears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: WalkerGear.png (923KB, 678x724px) Image search: [Google]
WalkerGear.png
923KB, 678x724px
Could they be useful?
>>
They walk, you run. You win every time
>>
>>34092183
no
>>
well the main problem would be the actual legs
they would have to be insanely strong to take on simple rpg hits, up to high caliber weapons, or have a skirt of reactive armor around them
otherwise, they'd be sitting ducks after the legs get shot off or blown up by a landmine
plus, they'd have to be really powerful to carry all the armor, weaponry and possibly a pilot onboard, unless they're unmanned drones
still, i don't think they're feasible yet
>>
>>34092183
Its not comfortable to use one so no.
>>
Stairs.
>>
As long as the appendages are strong enough to sustain a lot of damage, there shouldn't be too many issues. After that, I would be most concerned with the pilots/users falling off, or getting shot from the sides. You're extremely exposed if flanked
>>
>>34092183
>Is a creation by Hideo Kojima anything other than autistic

No
>>
>>34092183
Never.

Tanks already obsolete in our age, mechas or walker gears are stillborn tech.
>>
>>34092283
I could see a small spider mech under 3m in height working, but anything with two legs wont be strong and fast enough with our current tech.
>>
>>34092216
I would imagine a rpg hit killing the operator and entire walker. Maybe encasing the driver in cockpit like a tachi/fuchikomas would be good idea.
>>
>>34092183

Engineering and mechanical advances aside, it's not a very comfortable thing to use. You're essentially crouching for hours in the hot sun, with your ass and exposed to shrapnel and enemy fire in return for a weapons system probably no more effective than a Humvee at what it does
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.