[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian autism thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: M1895 Nagant revolver.jpg (178KB, 2833x1715px) Image search: [Google]
M1895 Nagant revolver.jpg
178KB, 2833x1715px
Why the fuck did the Rooskies adopt this piece of shit?
>long ass trigger pull
>gate loading
>whimpy cartridge
Seriously, why even bother with this shit?
>>
>>34091268
It could be fitted with a suppressor, which it made perfect for being sneeki breeki.
>>
>>34091268
Most commercially loaded ammunition for the Nagant, including Fiocchi and the "CCCP"-marked yellow box imports, are target ammunition, and do not have great stopping power. The low power of these rounds has given the Nagant a reputation as an underpowered sidearm. However, the original military ball cartridges fired bullets in the 6.5 g (100 grains) range at up to 330 m/s (1,100 ft/s), making them close to the .32-20 Winchester and .32 H&R Magnum in power.
>>
>>34091268
I imagine there weren't that many options at the time.
>>
>>34091268
because it was cheap
>>
File: IMG_0216.jpg (402KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0216.jpg
402KB, 1600x1200px
>>34091268
Léon Nagant had already been working with the Russian government for the development of the 1891 rifle, so he was approached to submit a possible replacement for the aging Smith & Wesson .44 caliber revolvers.
>>
>>34091268
When it's primary purpose would be for dress and shooting deserters why go with something complex?
>>
The thing was stupid reliable, and as >>34091340
points out the military loadings of the cartridge had decent power.
>>
>>34091268
Tsar should of just set up domestic production of a mauser variant and adopted the berggman or something
>>
>>34091268
Have you actually ever shot one of these Anon, or are you just regurgitating shit you have heard here on /k/?
>>
File: 20170117_151933.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170117_151933.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>bought moist nugget during $100 meme.
> not great, not terrible either.
> fast forward several years.
> noob friend shoots my garbage rod has to get one.
>tell bro not worth the 250 the are now.
> new bro spouts newfag memes (muh histry) etc.
>buys one for 239. sweet deal!
>has to have hand nugget to go with.
> I'll bite.. go to range to shoot hand nugget....

All jokes, memes, and fuddlore aside this is the worst pistol I've ever had the displeasure of shooting. although being in really nice condition (unissued?). We tried a variety of ammo through it both surplus and hand loads (bro is handloader). this was the worst shooting jam-o-matic love of trash ever.

seriously how was Russia ever a superpower?

I would take a thrown rock over any hand nugget ever made.
>>
>>34093825

>revolver
>jam

How, exactly?
>>
>>34091268
Considering the other sidearms at the time, it's solidly mediocre if not better then average due to it's comparatively hot cartridge and gas seal
The real 10,000 ruble question is why european military revolvers of the era sucked ass so hard
>>
>>34093840
His hands were probably too dainty to eject the casings easily
>>
>>34091268
Russians figured if everything was in the same bullet diameter they could save money
>>
>>34091323
There isn't a single shred of evidence to prove the Russians EVER threaded any hand nugget barrel for use with a suppressor, much less even had any suppressors at all during the period in which the gun was in service.
>>
>>34093840
the cylinder pin appeared to have enough slop as to constantly allow the cylinder to move and cause timing issues, despite not being bent or visibly worn/damaged
>>
>>34091268
>Why the fuck did the Rooskies adopt this piece of shit?
This is the actual story: Leon Nagant felt that he'd been cheated by the Russian army after getting nothing for his contributions to the design of the Mosin-Nagant rifle, so he sued the Russian army and some of its higher officers. As a way to avoid any further trouble or embarrassment, the Russians told Nagant that if he dropped his lawsuit, they'd put their finger on the scales and make sure his revolver won the competition for a new sidearm they were planning to have in a couple of years. Nagant agreed, and the rest, as they say, is history.
>>
>>34094095
Aside from their own records, museum specimens, and training manuals.
One model used dates back to the late 20s and was called the Bramit Device.
>>
File: 1243138001746.jpg (9KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
1243138001746.jpg
9KB, 299x299px
>>34091268

Aside from the political bullshit aforementioned in this thread, maybe you should consider back in eighteen-ninety-fucking-five when it was adopted, when repeating arms themselves were still fairly new to the world, much less double action revolvers, they figured the cost to manufacture vs the drawbacks, like long trigger pull and gate loading, which really could only be compared to other DA revolvers which were probably scarcely available to Russia at the time, much less affordable or reproducible, led to the decision that:

>revolver is fine

Plus most others held 6, this one holds 7! Sergei, we are having of one more cartridge than the enemy!
>>
>>34095022
That's the thing; it wasn't a good revolver even in the context of the time it was adopted. Look at what the Americans had. Look at what the French had. Look at what the Brits had.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170528-214443.png (347KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170528-214443.png
347KB, 1440x2560px
>>34095022
>eighteen-ninety-fucking-five
>implying this is an excuse when the brits came out with the Webley Mk.1 in eighteen-eighty-fucking-seven
>>
>>34091340

I did some testing with chrono few years back. Interesting observation was that 1970's - 1980's surplus was considerably more powerful than World War 2 era ammo. 70's - 80's surplus did produce about 1,100 fps, but WW2-era averaged only around 840 fps. Commercial Fiocchi and Hotshot were around 600 fps and Soviet sport ammo from 1970's bit under 500 fps.
>>
>>34095091

Oh, I'm not saying it was good by any means. It was just, for the Russian government at the time, good enough

>>34095099
Was this readily available to the Russians to buy, and if so, was the difference in cost to buy the Webley vs the Russia-produced Nagant worth it?

I'm not trying to whiteknight the Nagant revolver or anything, I don't even own one, and I'm pretty sure the premise of this thread is bait, I'm just sayin', in the most honest way one can be just sayin'
>>
File: nkvd.png (160KB, 424x553px) Image search: [Google]
nkvd.png
160KB, 424x553px
>>34091268
except for the trigger pull and the loading gate, it was perfect for the nkvd.
>>
>>34093825
explain how you handload it. I genuinely want to know
>>
I have a Nagant.

I only shoot it at nuggetfest every year.

It's cool but not a regular shooter.
>>
File: 800px-Rast_&_Gasser_M1898[1].jpg (138KB, 800x1065px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Rast_&_Gasser_M1898[1].jpg
138KB, 800x1065px
>>34095091
>That's the thing; it wasn't a good revolver even in the context of the time it was adopted. Look at what the Americans had. Look at what the French had. Look at what the Brits had.

It's really not that far off what other countries were fielding at the time. Granted the Austrians would produce a bunch of self loaders as the War got closer.
>>
>>34091429

Assuming that Mauser would have been willing to sell manufacturing license of C96 pistol for Russia for a reasonable price - which is a big if considering we are talking about the first commercially successful automatic pistol for military use anywhere...
>>
>>34096967
I think he was basing that off them purchasing quite a few of them.
that said, I don't have high hopes for russian industry being able to reliably crank them out in usable condition.
Revolvers were where every nation's handgun industry started until very recently
>>
What got me about the Nagant revolver is how the ejector rod isn't fitted with a spring, forcing you to have to manually pull it back every time after actuating it.
>>
>>34097090

Which happened mostly later on when Germany was broke after World War 1 and Russian Civil War kept up demand for more weapons. Whole different situation than what had existed in mid 1890's.
>>
>>34091268

Doesn't need to be good to execute your own men.
>>
>>34094095

>On October 9, a four-man commando squad found refuge in an abandoned railroad coal car on a track between Mamaev Hill and the Red October workers' settlement. The Russians stayed inside the shelter most of the day, reporting back by radio now and then on German activity. They had located dozens of artillery pieces firing on the city from behind the northern slope of Mamaev; they had seen columns of German field guns and mortars moving on rear roads toward a rendezvous on the western outskirts of Stalingrad. Behind the guns came hundreds of trucks, carrying ammunition. The squad sensed a mass movement, a buildup taking place inside Sixth Army's lines. But they needed a prisoner to confirm their hunch."

>After dark, the commandos snipped a telephone cable and waited for the Germans to come and repair it. A flashlight soon appeared and when the German approached the break, the Russians shot him with their suppressed pistol. One of them dressed up in his uniform and stood on the railroad embankment waiting for another German to walk the wire.
Another flashlight soon moved along the track and Pvt. Willi Brandt fell into the ambush. The Russians knocked him out and he revived to find four men standing over him, asking questions, demanding prompt answers. Terrified, Brandt gave his name, rank, and unit. Further, he told his interrogators that the German 24th Panzer Division had just been shifted toward the factories, the 94th Division had arrived from southern Stalingrad, and that Adolf Hitler had ordered the city taken by October 15.
The Russians had their answer. Warning Brandt that he had betrayed military secrets, they led him back to the railroad track and pointed out the road leading to his friends. In the darkness, the trembling Brandt expected a bullet in his back. None came and he kept walking. When he was out of range, he turned and waved, calling: "Danke, Kamerad!"

t. Enemy at the Gates
>>
>>34098387
kek
>>
>>34095386
I'm really curious about that myself .

Protip : thenagantman on youtube.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.