[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gas gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: hakim rifle.jpg (30KB, 864x288px) Image search: [Google]
hakim rifle.jpg
30KB, 864x288px
your thoughts on the hakim rifle
>>
>>34091225
Looks great but i hate the name
>>
File: Hakim1.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Hakim1.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>34091225
I like mine
>>
They explode easily
>>
hakim
>>
>>34092228
Dont fire turk with the gasblock closed retard
>>
>>34091225
How big is the tank? Gas has gone up here lately.
>>
Want one but they all got issued and are beat up.
>>
>>34091225
Don't have the Hakim but love my Rasheed.
>>
File: IMG_1238.jpg (272KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1238.jpg
272KB, 1280x960px
>>34091225
Just bought one for $425ish (I paid $325, but threw in two '74 mags and an L1A1 bolt)

Loving it so far except that I got my right thumb pinched on day fucking one.
>>
>>34091225
The mag is fucked on mine anyone have recommendations on where to buy a new one?
>>
>>34094079
425 is a pretty good price if it is functional
>>
>>34094296
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1705
>>
>>34094340
I sadly won't be able to test it for a bit because of work.

But it appears functional.
>>
>>34091225
>not really Direct Impingement because the bolt is technically the piston.
>>
>>34094631
>actual direct impingement because the bolt carrier is endowed with force by way of gas being vented towards it
>>
>>34094296
Could buy an MG13 mag and modify it. A little work with a dremel, a little filing of the magwell and you have 25 rounds of 8mm madness.
>>
>>34091225
unbelievably loud
sounds like a fucking howitzer going off
no shit
>>
>>34094994
>that reload time
Holy balls, five clips, and they're rock in to boot.

That would be what, a minute and a half? Two?
>>
File: IMG_7255.png (496KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7255.png
496KB, 750x1334px
Pure Novelty.

I used to own a Ljungman which is the what this rifle was based on, it was a cool design but chewed the shit outta my precious brass and flung it into outer space. The recoil was also more pronounced than on a piston operated rifle (SVT-40 for example) and you have to be careful of the primer hardness of your ammunition as OOB detonations can and will happen with this design if you have soft primers. Mags are also fucking expensive, I just sold my spare for $250.

Just for laughs, fucking try cleaning the gas tube. I dare you.
>>
>>34095602
Years on /k/ has made it so the idea of having a special snowflake gun that isn't very well designed and literally dangerous is appealing.

I wanna clean that gas tube man. I wanna have that experience.
>>
>>34094079
>Just a pinch, with a lil blood
Consider yourself lucky, that's bad garand tier, Hakim's can def. take more meat off
>>
>>34091225
They are great, but the MAS 49/56 is literal perfection. Thankfully there are smiths who can unfuck the .308 ones
>>
>>34095602
How normal are oobs on say, Yugoslavian or Iranian surplus?
PPU?
And I'm >>34094079, I fuckin' get just how damn bad it is.
I also truly appreciate having the tip of my thumb.
>>34095640
>this wasn't a born trait
The fuck man? Are we freaks for loving the eclectic and the almost dangerous to the user aspects of certain firearms?
I thought that was something everybody had...
>>
>>34095665
I'm missing the entire tip of my thumb.
It bled until late this afternoon (I got pinched last night)

It was bad, worse than the time I had an oob/slamfire/chain fire in my friends Mosin and burnt all the skin off my right hand.
Even worse than the shrapnel afterwards, frankly.
>>
>>34095711
pic of thumb with out bandage?
I kinda wanna see hakim thumb
>>
File: IMG_1240.jpg (272KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1240.jpg
272KB, 1280x960px
>>34095739
Please note I was pretty quick on the draw and didn't even get a full slam on my finger; it just got the tip pinched in the gas tube/cup.

Shit hurt yo.
Oh, I actually DID find the skin it took though.
I'm too lazy to add another pic.
Here's to hoping I don't get b&a for gore or some shit.
>>
>>34095690
I dunno why some bro would come onto 4chan and then hop on over to /k/ and is surprised to see that we're all gun autists. I dunno what kind of person comes on /k/ and sees a patch thread, an Upotte!! thread, and a thread about Egyptian rifles and goes "I sure can't wait to make fun of these guys for not exclusively talking about ARs and 1911s."

I don't understand them but I see them daily.
>>
>>34095830
>Egyptian rifles
Yep.
Egyptian rifles.
Which were made on Swedis tooling as a bastard of their first and second model, with a muzzle break and a different, slightly more powerful cartridge.

Did I mention that the disassembly and general operation of the gun remind me freakishly of an SVT-40? Like someone said "I have this oddball charging method and a need for a DI gun, what should we stick them on...OH, I KNOW, AN SVT-40!" And then made a bastard SVT-40 in 6.5x55.

I really am suspicious of this.
I do wish someone had figured out a better way to use the stripper clips though.
The whole rock in thing is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>34095861
is the Ag m/42 very loud? the hakim 7.92 is louder than a .50 bmg
>>
>>34095908
I haven't shot either yet, and I only own a Hakim.
I've heard that the Hakims Muzzle break makes it loud af though (pun totally intended)
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.