[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

500 foot law penalty inquiry + tale of the fudd police

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: received_425112757852124.jpg (58KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
received_425112757852124.jpg
58KB, 500x707px
I almost got arrested today target shooting with my wife's son (fiance's sister's husband's son) because we were like 470 feet from a house instead of 500 and I guess a bunch of the nearby houses or maybe people in the price chopper parking lot complained. We're lucky the DEC guy showed up first because he was basically like alright guys let's pack it in before the city and staties showed. The faggots don't even know the law, they were bugging me about my 10 round mags in NY. First guy was cool, going "you're only loading 6 rounds, RIGHT, you're only putting like 6 rounds in the SKS, RIGHT" and I just went along with it second guy was more of a Dick and I was like "yeah bud I'm pretty sure that got struck down I bought it at a gander mountain in NY" and he kept flexing his cop nuts but let it go. The SKS doesn't even have a detachable magazine, the faggots. How much trouble would I have been in for the 500 foot law? I would have been livid if they arrested me over the magazines and I had to drive back here 4 hours from my home for the judge to tell the cop he's retarded
>>
>>34091126
>.300 Win Mag
>find and stalk politicians
>boomheadshot.gif
>repeat as necessary.
>>
>>34091126
>shit that didn't happen: the thread

neck yourself, cretin
>>
>>34091217
t. Cop
>>
Okay so I took it upon myself to look this up and it's not exactly an easy thing to find. Every result is hunting revulations, is that why the DEC guy cucked the other cops? I'm having a pretty tough time finding out how hard I would have gotten nailed if I had been "taken downtown".

Sidenote: I was half expecting one of the staties to ask to shoot my mini, he seemed to like it. Oh the gun had spurdo sparde and a fug tab, and the 4 leaf NSFW colorscheme patch courtesy of NEET proudly displayed for the whole encounter which was about 20 minutes or more.

They ran the serial numbers of everything, whole 9 yards
>>
>>34091217
Oh did you think this was all over an SKS? We were shooting a mini-14, an SKS, idk what model savage my wife's son's .22 is and a 20 gauge 870. They were giving me shit over 10 round magazines in my mini, his savage, AND the SKS.
>>
File: low_quality_bait_zpschir5ndc.png (21KB, 311x313px) Image search: [Google]
low_quality_bait_zpschir5ndc.png
21KB, 311x313px
>>34093239
>wife's son
/thread
>>
>>34091126
Why didn't you listen to the DEC guy you fucking idiot
>>
>>34093265
Way to read champ
>>34093337
The other cops showed up right on time my dude
>>
Pretty sure that it'd be a misdemeanor, but it's in the NYS Environmental Conservation law and I don't know shit about that since I'm a city slicker.

Even in the big shitty we know that 10 round mags are kosher, though. I'm sure that the second cop on scene would have slapped him upside the head if he tried to put you under for loading more than 7 rounds. In any case it wouldn't get past the sergeant verifying the arrest.
>>
>living in NY
Move to New England; we have real freedom here.
>>
You know a dude is facing 27 years in prison upstate for having three Glock 17 magazines.

This whole state is fucked.
>>
>>34093421
Two separate cops gave me shit over the magazines actually, a statie and the local city cop asked the statie rookie to take a look at my mags while his partner, the original statie, was running the serial numbers. The city cop was the one who was more of an asshole about it

DEC bro basically just kept telling them he didn't think it was a big deal and we did everything right except for muh 500 feet rule but I think the real heart if the issue was we shot rifles for an hour close enough that a bunch of people had bitched
>>
>>34093516
That's a surprise. In my experience, upstate cops either totally dgaf about SAFE Act nonsense as long as you're not an obvious perp, or are at least knowledgeable about the provisions of it.

The only times I've heard of dumbassery like this upstate have come from shitlords like SUNY or NYC DEP police, basically.
>>
>>34091126
The county I live in in NC has this law.

The county my parent's live in doesn't. As far as I can find, you can sit in your house and shoot out the door if you're careful.
>>
>>34091182
Pls.
>>
>>34093511
Not that I don't believe you, but sauce? Also:

>muh cops are bro
>muh small town cops won't even enforce corrupt unconstitutional laws

fucking kek
>>
>>34093582

21 years. I was misremembering but you can google it.

The dude asked the cop to turn on his body cam, probably pissed them off. Tried to get him for DUI but he wasn't drunk. Illegaly search his car and his safe and found three Glock magazines. Now he's in some shit.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/05/ny-army-veteran-charged-illegal-pistol-magazines-faces-21-years-prison/

https://news.unclesamsmisguidedchildren.com/ny-army-veteran-charged-possessing-pistol-magazines-faces-21-years-prison/
>>
>>34093516
>army veteran
>sergeant for 9 fucking
>facing 2 decades in the slammer because some bootlicker for the jews in Albany illegally searched a locked

unbelievable. This country is fucked.
>>
>>34093791
Meant to quote >>34093615
>>
>>34093187
> the gun had spurdo sparde and a fug tab, and the 4 leaf NSFW colorscheme patch courtesy of NEET proudly displayed for the whole encounter which was about 20 minutes or more.
I would have immediately put on a poker face verbally admonished you by layering on all of the fuddlore I could on you about .22lr bouncing in skulls, how 5.56 would blow your mini-14 up, SKSes always slamfiring, and thrown in some fuddy five stoppin powah hydrostatic shock for good measure.
Then I'd patiently wait for all your asshurt to appear on /k/

I recommend concealing powerlevel though.
I almost died laughing when I saw them put out an officer safety alert naming "Anonymous" as a possible danger alongside Black Panthers and sovereign citizens, but not everyone knows that anonymous is just autistic neckbeards, I guess.

>>34093615
Terrifying.
By the sound of it, if he has any halfway decent lawyer, he should be able to get out of it as long as he can demonstrate that his lock box was locked. Regardless of SILA or doing an inventory for safekeeping, they'd have needed consent or warrant to get into the lockbox. Hope he gets a good settlement.
>>
>>34093816
The back sight on the receiver says 5.56 NATO. I actually pulled a moonman mac tonight patch off of the gun recently just in case but maybe will swap out the clover and spurdo as well.
>>
>>34091126
Which state are you in OP? I don't think the 500 foot law is "federal", if it is, only on federal lands. WA state has a 500 foot requirement that only applies on public land. Individual counties and cities set their own minimum distance laws.
>>
>>34095871
NY. It sounds like it's a hunting regulation
>>
OP here, did some more digging. So it looks like since the DEC cucked them out of muh 500 foot regulation, they would have probably charged me with intentional discharge without Malice, class A misdemeanor. We had permission from all of the property owners and a proper backstop but I would have had to hire a lawyer to get it tossed or reduced to disturbing the peace. Can't even target shoot on private land at a dirty hill in front of a serious tree-laden hill on memorial day weekend, all of which is completely legal, because some faggot neighbors don't like bang noises at 1 in the afternoon. Fuck this communist state. I guess I didn't get booked and for the most part the cops kept it light and told some jokes.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.