[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flash lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Snip.png (122KB, 961x535px) Image search: [Google]
Snip.png
122KB, 961x535px
Flashlights can get you killed in home defense.

When using flashlights around corners, the intruder can also see the light beam, which tells him that you're right around the corner, with that he can anticipate your movement and either outright kill you or run away.

pic related, the guy got spotted around the corner because of his flashlight and got himself killed
>>
File: F.gif (860KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
F.gif
860KB, 320x180px
GIF for further explanation
>>
People other than me can see my flashlight beam!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!~? WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!> THANKS OP
>>
File: weed.png (196KB, 1040x1226px) Image search: [Google]
weed.png
196KB, 1040x1226px
>>34090483
>>34090492
>not putting on your 1st gen night vision goggles and electronic hearing protection before picking up your AR to go after the intruder
>>
File: 1480784484986m.jpg (57KB, 1024x429px) Image search: [Google]
1480784484986m.jpg
57KB, 1024x429px
Is there any info on using a flashlight? This is something i have thought about for a while and would like a real answer on. Not the forst guy to reply with " yes" and the second guy to reply with "no"
>>
>>34090510
>turn on flash light
>point in the direction you would like to be lit

You're welcome.
>>
>>34090492
I know this sounds like common sense to you, but believe me, for 90% of other people it isn't.

My neighbour had an intruder once-- but he managed to run away off the window, why? because my retarded neighbour came off his bedroom flashing everything with his 9000 lumen flashlight

so in other words, as soon as you turn on a flash light, the intruder would either be halfway to panama, or would aim down his sights on the door and gun you down as soon as you come in.

>>34090510
You've got alternatives, Night sights or really cheap Gen1 NVGs like >>34090509 specified
>>
>>34090510

You're not supposed to just leave it on unless it's pitch black

Just turn it on when you need it

Also, don't get into gun fights, you're not a movie action hero

Run, Hide, Fight
>>
>>34090539
This
>>
>>34090483

Good thing I don't live in a scripted movie.
>>
>>34090538
NVGs, come on man. You just don't turn on your flashlight until you see the intruder. Unless you have complete blackout curtains over every single window there should be enough light that you can navigate your own god damn house and see an intruder before turning the light on with the beam on him.
>>
>>34090483

thank you so so much for posting op youre so wise and tactical
>>
>>34090539
>Can't buy a gun to shoot myself
>Finally an armed attacker is ready to kill me

Do i close my eyes or charge him so its over faster?
>>
>>34090483

Not having a flashlight can get the wrong person killed too. It's your house, you should know how to travel through it in the dark, then turn on your light when you believe you've found your threat, blast the target if it needs to be blasted. If it's just your family member, friend, or what ever, tell them how they're a dumbass, that sneaking around in the dark almost got them killed. Just use extreme trigger discipline, so you don't accidently shoot your whore of a daughter who is sneaking back in, after she snuck out to fuck men.

Its also a movie, so you're LARPing ass will never be in that same situation. Now fuck off faggot.
>>
>>34090483
All " tactical " use of a flashlight involves only engaging the light to get a sight picture then immediately turning it off until you need to acquire another.

leaving a flashlight/laser constantly on is very stupid and ill-advised
>>
>>34090510
yes, look for "low light weapon techniques". This cunt does a lot of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9vc10WpRbw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaEVW_dPqeI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVZ3hTUzWqQ
>>
>>34090483
In reality, if you are defending your home. You are not dealing with operators operating operationally. You're most likely dealing with thieves. The risk of them lying in wait to get into a gunfight are slim to none. If you are dealing with operators, then you will have had better training than browsing an image board.
>>
>>34091896
This, strobing is a much better method
>>
They'd have to get past all the Hotwheels on the ground first
>>
>>34090483

> Walk down the stairs with open railing exposing me all the way down before I can see anything and a 90° turn at the bottom, flashlight a blazing
Or
> Camp the top of the stairs and flash the light at whatever is coming up and shooting if needed.
Or
> It's your house, like just turn the lights on.
>>
>>34092907

> Hotwheels
> Not Lego bricks
Do you even warcrime?
>>
>>34090539
just remember cover =/= concealment

I have and love my Z2 surefire incandescent, best for cutting through fog/smoke.

Also have this little 186,288 gorillion lume pocket light from Meritline for $6.
>>
>>34090483
Thats why you turn it on when its pointed at their face.
>>
>>34092907
This is good. My wife and I deliberately leave both entrances and open windows in kids bedroom strewn with wheeled and crunchy plastic toys.

Am hasguns, but being Ausfalian, it's easier just to keep my shitty katana under the bed.. A simple "light on, check ID, stab, twist blade, then kick into centre mass" should do.

Inb4 mall ninja. I have to keep shit in a safe, and no jury will believe I got a gun ready so quick from a safe, they'll know it was ready under a bed = I'm fucked. Also, I'd rather not involve fellow gun users in another "misused gun" (yeah I know, bullshit) case. Lastly, 99% of home invasions in my region are unarmed Aboriginals.

My Wife's Japanese, and our house is full of weeb shit. I'll just play the race/culture card. Works in Ausfalia far too often.
>>
>>34092868
You're underestimating, it's common knowledge to get behind something or barricade yourself if you're in danger and you don't have the means to escape, almost an instinct
>>
>>34090623
This guy gets it. OP is a jackass.
>>
>>34090538
So your neighbor turned on his light and the intruder ran off? Sounds like a good way for things to have ended.

Oh but wait, the /k/ommando mindset means this guy will be coming back with all his negger and spices friends to avenge him, right?
>>
>>34093170
Yeah he ran the fuck away, but guess what he stole? a loaded handgun and a 2 cellphones

if i was him i'd rather shoot a guy than have one of my guns stolen
>>
>not having all lights on wireless switch at bedside
>not having all on and all off button for full house
>tripping over cat in the middle of the house with a loaded weapon

Really look into getting your shit wired to an wireless on/off device for the whole house. Flashlight stays off for when you cant get light or dont know your surroundings.
>>
>>34093062
>My Wife's Japanese, and our house is full of weeb shit. I'll just play the race/culture card. Works in Ausfalia far too often.
sounds awesome
>>
>>34093497
sounds like regressive SJW HQ. sounds like a nightmare. In Austria I too have to lock up my guns but while I'm at home I can carry them on my property. I can sleep with a Glawk under my pillow.
>>
>>34093257
can you make it strobe the entire house except the room you're in?
>>
>>34093531
if I want to click it a lot. I can see your point though.. Could be fun if I did that and had something from AC/DC on pause with full blast ready to go on speakers.
>>
>>34093523
That Ausfag here. I agree with you. I just need to prove that I used only what was on hand, and didn't have any premediated plans to kill a home invader.

Yes, It's anally fisted, lubeless, without redemption (and doesn't even hug after the deed).

It would also fly ok if I stated I was cleaning my guns at 2am and the fuckwit broje in and threatened me. My back door is the kitchen, so it's reasonable to assume they had a knife at least.
>>
>>34093586
riddle me this: why did you marry a jap-gook after WW2? are you some kind of retard or just very, very, veeery uggo?
>>
This is the best article I've read about pistol mounted lights..

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?117441-Choosing-A-Pistol-Mounted-Light
>>
>>34093643
I find Asian women more attractive, harder working, more attendant to family issues, and more reasonable than white women.

Australians these days have no issues with Japs. I had 2 grandfathers who lived in Japan, Korea and Vietnam for years, and this came as no surprise to them.

It's my life, so feel free to let me ruin it as I see fit.
>>
>>34093586
and if the intruder you shot had gloves on throw big kitchen knife on the floor next to the body.
>>
>>34093759
Could work. Though all I need to is state I had reasonable fear for my family's life. "I heard the utensils drawer rattling".

Keep it simple.
>>
>>34093759
oh I got misc kitchen steak knives from my parents from 20 years go. Matches nothing I have now just for that.
>>
>>34093759
one should always keep a clean blank revolver on hand in a bag. if you need to, just put on some nitrile gloves and dab the dead guys's hands all over it.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.