[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2367.jpg (669KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2367.jpg
669KB, 1632x1224px
Hi /k/,
l found these in my parents garage and was wondering if you could tell me what needs to be done before I can shoot them.
The first is a Mossberg .22 and the second is a Marlin 80 .22 that's missing the bolt and magazine.
I don't know too much about guns but I'd like to shoot the one and put the other one back together.
Should I take the complete one to a gunsmith and have them look at it?
They've both been sitting for decades.
>>
File: IMG_2368.jpg (492KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2368.jpg
492KB, 1632x1224px
>>
File: IMG_2376.jpg (602KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2376.jpg
602KB, 1632x1224px
The Marlin
>>
File: IMG_2374.jpg (507KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2374.jpg
507KB, 1632x1224px
I don't know where the Mossberg came from but the Marlin was a prize for selling Christmas cards in the late 40s/ early 50s
>>
inspect the bore, wipe it down, shoot it and have fun
>>
>>34090200

keep then as well hangers. the gunsmith will tell you to trash them, not worth their time.

the marlin missing the bolt and mag would be easiest to complete, but I need a pic of the bore after you clean it to look for pitting. Any cracks in the stock? how does the scope look?
>>
Run a bore brush through it then go mad, it's a gun not a fucking vintage plane.
>>
I know nothing about gun care or how to clean them. Should I go to a local gunshop and buy a bore brush? What else? The barrels look good on the insides as far as I can tell and the scope works well.
>>
with 22s old age really isn't a problem

just go on amazon, buy a ".22 boresnake" some CLP, a pair of Z87 safety glasses, and a tin of earplugs.

Then hit up your local gunstore or Walmart and buy whatever cheap .22lr they have
>>
>>34090200
Those Mossbergs are worth $400-ish.
>>
>>34090301
Should I shoot it or sell it?
>>
>>34090312
Shoot it. They're neat. Is it the bolt action or semi-auto variant?
>>
>>34090315
bolt action
>>
>>34090298
What is CLP? And thanks for the list.
>>
>>34090353

clp is a brand of cleaner, stands for clean lube and protect. hoppes is also a family favorite, as well as baristol.

there should be a few how to videos omn youtube, watch those and buy a cleaning kit from walmart
>>
>>34090301
its only 400+ ifits in good condition and complete. if its missing shit or beat up its a 150 gun. lucky for you that one has the good sights intact and complete thats like 200 bucks right there. stock makes it worth more depending on condition. mags are 40+.
>>
>>34090200
You can buy a bolt on ebay or gunbroker for the marlin 80.
>>
>>34093908
I'm considering it, but I might play with the Mossberg first
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.