[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger American Pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
The price on these things just dropped to $389 in my area. How do they compare to other full-size pistols? Online reviews say they're pretty solid, so why are they going for so cheap? Has anybody happened to pick one of these things up?
>>
>>34089586

they are heavy by a few ounces check the weights

rated zillion rounds +P+

what caliber what city ?
>>
They are good disposable plastic pistols.

I prefer to conceal carry my Katana when I go out though. Melee combat is what determines the men from the boys.
>>
>>34089603
45 and 9, I'm in northeast Ohio. The chain where I saw it listed is Rural King.
>>
>>34089586
they shoot.

I don't really have anything else to say about them. If you're buying tupperware you'd be better off getting a Glock that you can easily customize, or a plastic gat that's good out of the box like a vp9 or PPQ m2
>>
>>34089586

I shot one some months ago. Pretty fun stuff anon.
>>
>>34089634
Well the VP9 and PPQ were the guns I was looking at when I noticed the price drop on the Ruger. What makes them better weapons?
>>
>>34089646
better triggers, better ergos, more options for aftermarket shit.
>>
>>34089586
>How do they compare to other full-size pistols? Online reviews say they're pretty solid, so why are they going for so cheap?

Demand for particular types of guns is driven by exposure. These days, guns that have won major military/LE contracts or appear in movies and video games are inherently going to be more expensive and more popular with the general public, regardless of whether the gun itself is actually better for the needs of a normal person.

In the specific case of the Ruger American, it is a solid polymer striker-fired gun that is made by a company that doesn't have the kind of exposure mentioned above. This is why it is cheaper than the competition, despite the fact that it will undoubtedly perform as well as any of them when it comes to normal civilian use.
>>
>>34089655

pfffffft

i rented ruger american compact 9m a few weeks ago

ruger has "pre tensioned striker" thingie so the trigger on sr9c rac is like single action
>>
>>34089586
They are good, especially for under $400. It's a modular frame design with a good trigger and features. It had some bad press when it started because people were worried about the grip or some stupid shit and Ruger has typically been very slow to release more versions or calibers. The biggest problems the American has besides the awful name are that they are heavier than they should be and the SR9/45's still exist and are in production, and those are mostly a better design still. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. They pulled some of the safety options off because of all the crybabies but the SR9E already does most of that for less money.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.