[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knives??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

There was a stabbing that killed two people near my place of work. In fact I think it's reached other news media besides the local ones.

I saw what happened and thought I should get one to protect myself for when I need to get home on public transit.

Is pic related any good?

specs: Type Fixed Blade
Blade Type Wharncliffe
Blade Length 3"
Length 6.25"
Weight 3 oz
Sheath Nylon
Edge Type Plain
>>
>>34085799
Get a gun.
>>
>>34085812
I am 18. Live in Oregon.
>>
Read about it in the news here in Australia.

>crazy guy bullies two teenage Muslim girls
>three guys step in, say 'no bully!'
>crazy guy stabs them
>two dead, one injured

Anyway, a knife isn't going to stop you from getting stabbed by another person's knife.
>>
>>34085824
Pepper spray and dip, youngfag
>>
>>34085799
OP,Knife is good.
A knife is a double weapon. The most knife can stab (like the knife a criminal owns), but the most knifes of the "gangsters" are to dull to cut though thicker denim. If you use it for selfdefence you shouldnt use it for other stuff. Try to make it as sharp as you can and it will work great.

This is my sharpening gear (about 50 and i only use this knife for the reason you said before.
Peace from Germany, and good luck

>>>/diy/1183329

I would use this cheap knife:
https://www.amazon.com/Schrade-SCHF56-Small-Frontier-Fixed/dp/B019RSXNQ8/ref=sr_1_7?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1495944716&sr=1-7&keywords=schrade+1095

Off handle and remove the black pain. Because its 1095 and you wouldnt cook with it, rust is no problem.

Its very easy to sharpen and you can get it really sharp.
>>
too small for self defense imo.. i have one of the other blade styles... good for concealment but ultimately uncomfortable to wear unless you have it horizontal on a belt. but seriously not really practical at all. try a folder. most likely won't ever get into a knife fight anyways. if you do get into a knife fight theres two ways that it'll end, both of you will get cut to shreds, or you die. just run bro stay safe
>>
>>34086332
I carry my fixed inside the jeanspocket with a 4,7´´ blade and overall 10,63``.
I can ride my bicyle, sit in the university or walk without any notice.

Is yours a machete?
>>
>>34086398
no but i got big hips and thighs that shit aint comfy bro. it's a preference as usual. i prefer a folder not for combat but for cutting shit
>>
File: EDC-Fixed.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
EDC-Fixed.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>34086441
yes you´right. OP wants something for combat ^^,so no folder.

You tryed it this way? shirt on top and nobody notice it, even here in the city, mall...
>>
>>34086506
i feel like if you bend right just a little youre getting poked and that looks uncomfy
>>
>>34085799
Go to a self defense class. Getting into a knife fight with a crazy person is not going to end well for you with 0 training.
>>
>>34086506
Only if i try to sit in the car, but no problem at all.
Just push it back and the back point away from my. Its comf, I finished it about 2.3weeks ago and testet it with normal things. But not every human has the same shape, bigger belly and i wouldnt use it ^^
>>
>>34086593
also another reason why i dont like edc'ing fixed blades is because i put my phone in my right pocket and its annoying af to try to reach for your phone and having your knuckles dragged against the handle or the shealth!
>>
>>34086540
OP without knife < OP with knife <OP with razor/good knife < OP with trainig + knife ...

Sure, only training is good
>>
>>34085824
have a family member gift you one. stab them with bullets.
>>
>>34086608
my too, but since i need to wear it I have the phone left/back (silly for sitting) but the weapon on the right hand is important!
Good night /k/ , its 7am in GER
>>
>>34086506
Nice man
>>
>>34087888
Thank you ;)
the pins need a final grinddown and a overall polish.

2years ago is said why wearing a Knife, its silly and when someone will shoot you he does. Now Germany ha a security chainging (not the good way) and its fucking real that no student wear something for selfdefence! WTF? I think this kind of mentality isnt healthy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.