[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the greatest handgun ever made. The Colt Single Action Army.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

This is the greatest handgun ever made.

The Colt Single Action Army.
>>
Hahaha, I get that reference!

Faggot.
>>
>>34084978
Only if you're not cut out for an automatic.
>>
>>34084978
>the greatest handgun ever made
>Can only be carried safely with 5 rounds loaded
its a shit
>>
>>34085143
> Not having a leather stripe on string tied to holster inserted between hammer and frame
> Not pulling out Greatest handgun ever made while cocking it thus releasing the leather stripe
> Not shooting the dindu with 6 bullets instead of 5
>>
File: 11-1.jpg (38KB, 1170x319px) Image search: [Google]
11-1.jpg
38KB, 1170x319px
>>34087292
>not springing for the 1851 Navy model and resting the hammer on the safety pin between charges
it's like you don't even want to cylinder swap reload
>>
>>34085143
six bullets is more than enough to kill anything that moves.
>>
>>34084978
The reload time Is exhilarating. It's so different from simply changing a clip
>>
>>34084978
>Revolutionary
Absolutely
>Objectively the best handgun
Debatable. In the present, any quality swing-open is more than likely better than the SAA. On top of that, autoloading handguns have become extremely popular amongst civillians since the early 1900s and amongst police since the early 80's
>>
>>34085143
>He doesn't have a transfer bar because muh historical accuracy

Literally cowboy cosplay
>>
>>34087357
Those engravings give no tactical advantage whatsoever.
>>
>>34087357
>cylinder swap reload
>in a navy
do you have 3 hands?
>>
>>34089126
Is that the MGS reference :D
>>
File: Shirley's Justice.jpg (184KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Shirley's Justice.jpg
184KB, 1366x768px
>>34089126
the engraving on the original barrel is even nicer in my opinion, you'd mistake it for tarnish or wear if you didn't know what it was
>>34089169
what are you retarded?
>thumb depress wedge spring
>push wedge through
>pinch wedge spring on left side and remove wedge
>wedge is now in right hand pincer grip
>place ring of thumb and forefinger, still holding wedge around barrel and remove from cylinder rod
>rotate gun hand sideways and use the middle and ring fingers of your barrel hand to extract the cylinder
>use pinky finger of barrel hand to pull flap cover up on cylinder belt pouch
>loop trigger guard around any finger of your shooting hand, this a quick and simple motion, and pull out the loaded cylinder
>stow the empty cylinder, secure flap now or at the end of loading
>place loaded cylinder into barrel hand
>assemble
>>
>>34084978
Double action is better m8
>>
>>34088919
>clip
>>
>>34084978
There were literally 2 other companies making better guns at the time. Merwin and Hulbert made better guns and the S&W Model 3 was a better gun
>>
>>34089071
Thats like using live ammunition to make your civil war reanactment historically accurate.
>>
>>34084978
>A single burst from it's machine gun can cut a man in half
>>
>>34089126
Unless your going to auction it off as a collector's item.
>>
File: merwin34.jpg (96KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
merwin34.jpg
96KB, 640x336px
>>34092197
muh Model 3 in the middle of restoration project
>>
>>34092589
Karl, what the fuck are you doing shit posting on /k/?
>>
>>34092616
joke
---->
my head

lol.

anyway, I picked this up in some junk store in AZ for $200. would have paid that much for the MoP handles in pristine condition.

Friendo gave me a couple of low powered handloads that I shot from behind a tree with a string. Worked well, trigger pull is 3 lbs.
>>
>>34092678
Karl from inrangetv like that nazi who works with Ian from forgotton weapons, lives in AZ and just di a video about replacing the springs in a M&H .38
>>
File: beepbeepmofo.jpg (59KB, 444x330px) Image search: [Google]
beepbeepmofo.jpg
59KB, 444x330px
>>34092789
now that's funny

is he like the Fascist from "Brat 2"?
>>
What would a triple action look like?
>>
>>34092866
1 pull of the trigger would eject the previously fired casing, index the cylinder, and cock the hammer.
>>
>>34085143
that's california fudd carry rules, m8
>>
>this cool and handsome guy says I'd be better with a revolver
>let me get this old ass revolver that fires black powder cartridges

Ocelot was an idiot
>>
>>34090851
Moon clips??? How new to revolvers are you?
>>
>>34093136
NO, ITS LITERALLY UNSAFE TO CARRY WITH A LIVE ROUND UNDER THE HAMMER
>>
>>34089071
I thought this thread was about the original Colt SAA
which has no transfer bar.
when there is a live round under the hammer, its possible for the round to go off because there is nothing stopping the firing pin from striking the primer if something smacks the hammer.
this and other breaking news coming up at 11
>>
>>34093947
Why?
>>
>>34094201
impact on percussion cap, however...
>>34093947
some cylinders have a safety pin between each chamber and a groove on the hammer so the hammer can be let down while all six are loaded
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.