[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger Blackhawk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: blackhawk.jpg (675KB, 4057x2254px) Image search: [Google]
blackhawk.jpg
675KB, 4057x2254px
What would the recoil of one of these be like between the .45 Colt, .357 and .44?

I'm interested in the .44 as a trail gun and just something fun to shoot since I've always loved SA revolvers. But if I wanted to do the typical movie cowboy shit, would a .44 be too hard to shoot single handed? What would be the best barrel length to get?
>>
>>34084951
6" or go home in shame. Recoil is recoil, you learn it and move on.

Go for a Heritage Rough Rider in .22 wmr/lr combo if you're just fucking around and don't want to spend or have a lot of moniez.

Ruger Single Six are beautiful guns imho, but then there's a Vaquero, which is one of the most fun guns out there this side of a Blackhawk

ever consider cap and ball BP? Be all Jesse James and shit
>>
>>34084951
As someone who also wants a .44 super blackhawk, I would never fire it one-handed. I fired a redhawk (which I think is heavier than all but the 10.5" blackhawk) and the recoil was considerable. I'm not the strongest guy in the world but I'd like to think I do alright, so I guess my advice if you were to one-hand one is to handle it like a hand cannon and expect muzzle rise (ride with it, as it were).

as far as barrel length the 10.5" seems almost comical to me so I'm personally looking at the 7.5"
>>
>>34084951

I don't think the Blackhawk comes in .357. I think you'd be most happy with a Vaquero.
>>
>>34085068
>I don't think the Blackhawk comes in .357
It does, and at least for a time the 357 came with a 9mm cylinder as well
>>
>>34085068
I was holding a used Blackhawk at my local gun shop in .357 for 429 bucks a few days ago. It was pretty beat to shit so I didn't get it.
>>
I has the new model super blackhawk in .44 mag. It fucking sucked.

The curvature of single action revolver grips lend themselves TERRIBLY to recoil management. They also have wood grips, which have zero recoil absorbtion. If you put rubber grips on it, it ruins the aesthetic of a single action revolver. It's a lose lose.

I sold mine and bought a .50 desert eagle. No regrets.
>>
>>34085016
Cap and ball sounds fun, I know nothing about how they operate personally
>>
>>34085104
How do you think the .45 Colt version would have been? I'm honestly debating between that and the 44, the .357 doesn't appeal to me a ton
>>
>>34085117
.45 colt would probably be great. .44 specials shot well out of the one I had, but they're terribly expensive for plinking ammo. Just don't get the .44, it's not about "git gud" and "be a man if you're scared of the recoil!!" It's not that the recoil is scary, the gun is just extremely snappy and not that fun to shoot because there's nothing to hold on to, and it has gorgeous, albeit useless slick laminated grips that have the frictional resistance of KY Jelly

Get the .45 colt, anon. I wish I had, that's for sure.
>>
Recoil for the .44 is substantial. I suggest getting a Bisley, it changes the recoil characteristics for the shooter's benefit in ways you wouldn't believe. Custom makers insist on it for super magnums.

.45 can be had i varying degrees of strength, from powder puff to slightly better than .44 magnum. I'd take .357 over it because it has more power in all power Ruger Only loads and is significantly cheaper, but of the three .44 makes the most sense for defense in the field and shit.

Again, get a Bisley. That Dragoon triggerguard can rot in hell.
>>
>>34084951
>I'm interested in the .44
I have a super blackhawk in .44 it's very un-fun to shoot. Actually painful painful. Shame for such a beautiful gun. I like my model 66 in 357 a lot better.
>>
>>34085117
Hey anon, I shoot .45 Colt commercial fmj out of my Uberti SAA clone all the time. It's very controllable, so much that I can shoot one handed all day long. You'll have no problem shooting it out of a Blackhawk. Standard .45LC kicks considerably less than .357
>>
File: 2016-09-27 21.44.19.jpg (682KB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-27 21.44.19.jpg
682KB, 1885x1060px
I love my super blackhawk and its a lil peach to shoot. Ive never had a problem with recoil with it. Now my tiny vaquero in .44mag on the other hand is nicknamed lil fucker because its recoil is pretty abusive.
>>
>>34085104
>The curvature of single action revolver grips lend themselves TERRIBLY to recoil management.

Fool, the Bisley grip is MEANT to swing up in the recoil phase, lending the web between thumb and index finger to cock the hammer for the next shot.

We would install softer spings (and use softer primers), to enable 1 handed operation during single action matches.

I had a pair of Vaqueros in .44, though I conceed my 1911 was much more fun/useful.

Get gud girls.
>>
>>34087079
Disregard me anons, I suck cocks.
>>
>>34087079
Does SASS not have a division for shooting with both hands anymore? I was going to make a snarky comment, but I reviewed the rule book and it seems all styles are one handed now.
>>
>>34087308
You could make a snarky comment, and quote rules too. You win, as I simply put, am proficient in little beyond sucking cocks.
>>
>>34087332
I'm serious, I can't find the division for shooting with both hands on one gun. Did they move it to some special division like wild bunch?
>>
>>34084951
I have a long barrel Single Seven in .327. It is accurate and easy to shoot; muzzle rise is no big deal.
I am glad I bought it.
>>
>>34087337
I dropped out of single actiin and moved to the Penis Trombonist Corps 10 years ago. I have no wisdom on your pertinant issue sorry.
>>
>>34087360
If you really want to go down on me while I call you daddy, that's fine. I just want to know the name of that damn division. I am seriously confused now.
>>
>>34087368
Makes 2 of us...
>>
>>34087390
So is the old men lust after younger boys meme true? Should I go to a cowboy match all trapped up and just sport a hard on in tight pants the whole day and enjoy the groping?
>>
>>34086273

Ive fired blackhawks in .44 magnum firing full house loads, agreed with this, its painful to the hand. I had a .357 that was a LOT milder, and firing .38spl anybodys comatose grandmother could handle it. .357 is nothing to scoff at for a trail gun either, unless you live in alaska
>>
when will ruger offer the 8 shot 357 magnum redhawk with a longer barrel
>>
>>34087404
Im 38, and was only pretenting to be retarded.
>>
>>34087677
>preTENTing
>implying 38 isn't old enough to be my daddy if you pumped a baby into your first girlfriend.
It's only a couple years between legitimate father figure.
>>
>>34087705
Thanks cunt. Now I feel old. That's just.. rooted.
>>
>>34087722
Just roll with it, think of all the daddy issue tail you can nail.
>>
>>34084951
Get the .454 Casull. You can use .45LC for plinking, but you have the .454 for carry ammo
>>
Do new Blackhawks require carrying an empty chamber?
>>
>>34089198

nope, transfer bar.
>>
How are there so many numale pussies here? Full house loads are easy with a super blackhawk. Fucking even nuclear hot loads are easy with the longer barrel models. (7.5 and longer)
>>
>>34085113
it's easy as fuck. Buy the balls, powder, wads, and primers at a sporting goods store. Also buy some bore butter there, smells like pine trees, good shit.

Go to the range, then drop a powder charge in. They come in preformed cylinders so you don't need a powder measure unless you want to go that way. Then put a pre-lubed wad, then put a ball in. Rotate the cylinder and press the ball home with the lever on the gun.

Repeat that 5 or 6 times depending on your flavor of cartridge, then pop a primer on each nipple and you're ready to go.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.