[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PING!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: m1garand-300x225[1].jpg (11KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
m1garand-300x225[1].jpg
11KB, 300x225px
Took my CMP Service Grade M1 Garand out for her first range trip today.

She zeroed real nice for windage. I set the rear elevation knob to 200m(yards?). I was 6 inches above point of aim at 25m. 12 inches, maybe more, at 50m. At 100m the bullets went clear above the target paper.
>>
>>34084168
Don't shoot bananas.
>>
>>34084168
M1 Garand is shit. If Americans were issued the Lee Enfield we would've won the war in 1944.
>>
>>34084196
How so
>>
>>34084196
,MY "shit" 80 year old rifle, held dime sized groups. Shooting surplus HXP ammo.

I want to find a way to put glass on it with out having to alter any of the parts.
>>
>>34084221
>,MY "shit" 80 year old rifle, held dime sized groups. Shooting surplus HXP ammo.
Nice bro. I'm not as good of a shot but what do I know, I'm just a fry cook who makes $135k USD a year and only fucks 5 different girls every night.
>>
>>34084264
you have a lot of cousins
>>
>>34084873
Nice, I'm gonna use that line next time someone boasts like that...
>>
>>34084908
enjoy, my friend
>>
You have to calibrate the rear elevation by loosening the screw and setting the drum at the right setting. If I remember right a 100 yd zero is 25 yd zero plus one click. M1 Garands zero at anywhere from 7-12 clicks up from the bottom setting.

If you want to be lazy just bottom out the rear elevation, go up 7-12 clicks depending on the zero and just go off the come ups for M2 ball ammo.

Hope this helps
>>
>>34084196

why the fuck am i replying
>>
>>34084264
Soooo... are you a fry cook that makes 13.5k a year that fucks himself thinking of 5 girls every night?
>>
Nice, I was getting ready to throw a couple new springs and firing pin on mine tonight.
>>
>>34084168
>I set the rear elevation knob to 200m(yards?). I was 6 inches above point of aim at 25m. 12 inches, maybe more, at 50m. At 100m the bullets went clear above the target paper.

yeah, and?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.