[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revolving carbines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_20170528-010235.png (918KB, 1785x417px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170528-010235.png
918KB, 1785x417px
So, I'm wondering, why are revolver carbines barely even a thing? I think they look amazing and would love to own one in .357 mag. So why do you guys think these are so unpopular?
>>
>>34083754
Because basically only Rossi/Taurus makes them
>>
I know that a historical problem with them were that your forward hand was in danger of a malfunction from the other cylinders and from the gap between the cylinder and the barrel even under normal circumstances.

I don't know how big of a problem this is for modern manufacturing and ammunition, but that's why they weren't historically.
>>
File: revolver carbine.jpg (157KB, 406x691px) Image search: [Google]
revolver carbine.jpg
157KB, 406x691px
>>34083754
because you really should put any part of your arm in front of the cylinder gap
>>
File: 1873-revolver-carbine[2].png (435KB, 2000x704px) Image search: [Google]
1873-revolver-carbine[2].png
435KB, 2000x704px
I bought one of these in .357 kind of impulsively for ~650

Is it practical? hell fucking no

The thing is beautiful to look at and great fun at the range, someone always wants to try to shoot it and its fun to transition from my AR to this thing out of a back scabbard for shits and giggles. Having to keep your hands back and feeling some of the gas are part of the fun to me. I mostly use it for .38spl plinking.

It was either one of these, a Taurus or a blackpowder one with conversion cylinders if you can find one.
>>
File: 1493430982992.jpg (48KB, 450x750px) Image search: [Google]
1493430982992.jpg
48KB, 450x750px
>>34083754
Well, my guess would be in the days before stripper clips and detachable magazines, the whole rotary magazine thing was great for pistols due to space-profile. I mean; it could work on a rifle too, but the tube magazine was better for that.

I got nothing against them, I've "almost bought" a circuit judge on many many occasions (mainly when there's one on the rack at my lgs and I play with it a bit), but every time I think about it it's like; this is cool and all, but it's really just a 'safe-queen' or decorative novelty, I'm not going to hunt with/carry/use for hd this thing, and while I DO impulse buy things I don't ever plan on using; the judge is just... well. I don't know. Not for me. I mean, I collect plenty of things for similar monetary value for the sake of historic value, or general novelty, but the judge isn't old, it isn't particularly rare, it's kind of wacky sure, which I like, but that isn't enough.
>>
File: 1892.jpg (73KB, 600x193px) Image search: [Google]
1892.jpg
73KB, 600x193px
Nobody knows anon...
>>
>>34083754

Because they're illegal in California, a ban state where such a thing might actually be viable against a larger Saiga. This is because CA considers rotary revolver shotguns assault weapons, a result of the street sweeper fiasco.
>>
>>34083754
they're unpopular because they're shit unfortunately. the wood stocks crack in less than 1000 rounds and the polymer stocks are, well, polymer. people also have mixed results with the gas guards. I've looked into the circuit judges because I love the concept, unfortunately they just suck.
>>
>>34083754
There's pretty much no point whatsoever to them. It's honestly amazing that they're given house-room at all given they offer nothing over more conventional designs when so many other novelty designs go unappreciated.
>tfw no one makes a .357 pump action rifle
I am not paying $800 for a fucking IMI timberwolf
>>
>>34083825
Once I get out of this shitty state I want to SBR it for a big fuck you ATF .357 shoulder cannon like i'm some kind of comic book villain.
>>
>>34083862
Uberti makes a Colt Lightening replica in .357.
>>
>>34083772
Cylinder gap is still a thing. I've shot the Rossi revolving carbines, and yeah, they look cool, but they still off gas right on your forearm.
>>
>>34083754
because you barely get any benefits over a .357 revolver, while a .357 lever action or bolt action has way better performance because the gas can't espape from the sides while shooting
>>
File: 20160414_101932.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160414_101932.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34083754
have you shot one?
they are arse, but look way to pretty
I had an uberti Peacemaker carbine in 44-40
beautiful gun, but the cylinder gap ruins everything
pic related
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.