[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why were the yugoslavians still building and using the sks in the 70s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 9k=.jpg (11KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
11KB, 188x268px
why were the yugoslavians still building and using the sks in the 70s?
>>
>>34083350
Because rifle is fine.
>>
>>34083350
it just works.
>>
>>34083350
They had the same doctrine as the French, that is 10 round Semi-Automatic Rifles+SMGs. (MAS-49+MAT-49)

They realized at about the same time as the French that doctrine was obsolete
>>
>>34083350
This thread again?
>>
It's a good solid rifle.
>>
>>34083350
Same reason the chinese did, they liked them.
The chinks took it a step further too, never really satisfied with the AKM they tried to make some kind of AK-SKS hybrid for years.

This resulted in the unsatisfactory type 63 and eventually the excellent type 81 which allegedly met the program's goals of more controllable automatic fire and greater accuracy then the AKM
>>
>>34083350
Because why not? They weren't a huge military with foreign commitments, and the SKS is a handier rifle to have and carry and they were already making them so why stop?
>>
last production year was 1982
>>
>>34084936
>the SKS is a handier rifle to have and carry

how
>>
>>34084976
Compared to an AKM
>Lighter
>Better balance
>Not 30 round mag sticking out of the bottom
>>
File: 1405537401175.gif (2MB, 412x229px) Image search: [Google]
1405537401175.gif
2MB, 412x229px
>>34085008
>>
it's simple - they are retarded
>>
They aren't used much for war.

The chinks quickly switched to AKM once they go to into a real war i.e. the chink-vietnam border war.

Notice how no one uses SKS in the actual yugoslav war, they even go back to PPsh but no SKS.
>>
File: 1481641402415.gif (826KB, 328x366px) Image search: [Google]
1481641402415.gif
826KB, 328x366px
>>34085031
>>
>>34085008
That is the stupidest shit I've read today

AK is better than the SKS everyday
>>
File: 1403114631725.jpg (170KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
1403114631725.jpg
170KB, 717x960px
>>34085056
they even used Mausers over the SKS lmao
>>
>>34085064
For actual combat? In every way. For carry around in a peace time military that isn't doing anything? I'll carry the SKS because the short comings of the SKS don't matter.
>>
>>34085090
Look a Turk
>>
>>34085056
>The chinks quickly switched to AKM once they go to into a real war
Source on this?
They've used the AKM as long as they've used the SKS after all they were given the tooling for both at the same time hence the shared type 56 designation.
The PLA just issued them one or two to a squad as a sort of fire support weapon. That or NCOs got them, can't recall.
Either way records show the SKS stayed in PLA service until the type 81 showed up and was held in reserve for some years after.

You might be thinking of the type 63 which cut it's teeth in the sino-vietnam war. Didn't make a very good showing but a newly industrialized nation's first domestic weapon rarely does
>>
>>34085008

You are actually wrong on each and every point. Not like hey, I have a different opinion, you are actually just flat out wrong.

>sks weight
8.5lbs Oh, but that's a Russian SKS. We're talking Yugo here. And the Yugoslavs thought rifle grenades were still cool. 9.5 lbs.
>AKM weight
6.83lbs

>better balance
haha what? Ever shot an AK? Balance is wonderful. A Russian or literally anyone-but-Yugo SKS would be alright. But no, we're talking about the Yugo SKS. With the fucktarded grenade launcher. No.

>Not 30 round mag sticking out of the bottom
if that was an actual concern, it would be much simpler to manufacture retarded cucked magazines. But it wasn't. Ever had to carry a rifle around? Things are fucking inconvenient as all hell. But the magazine is the absolute least of my worries, don't think I've ever caught it or banged it into anything.

Meanwhile AK advantages:
>more reliable
>compatible with your commie homeboys
>easier to manufacture seriously why the fuck yugoslavia goddamn
>detachable magazine
>FOLDING STOCKS MAKING YOUR LIGHT AND HANDY ARGUMENT SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU EVEN BOTHERED POSTING
>SIGNIFICANTLY SHORTER (again, refer to allcaps rant about SKS being a more handy rifle)
>not a strange and silly transitional relic from the bolt action rifle to the assault rifle
>30 round magazine

>>34085120
It is very good you are willing to take that burden so no one else has to.
>>
>>34085138
well some Serbs are like that lmao
he's actually a Serb Chetnik volunteering in Ukraine to help Pro-Russian forces
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.