[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a M92FS Tomorow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3624.jpg (184KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3624.jpg
184KB, 630x400px
Hello /k/! Realtivly /noguns/ here (I have a .22 Bolt action if that counts) and I was going to go buy a M92FS tomorow and was wondering if I could get some secondary opinons from you all. I know admitadly there are some cheaper options for a double stack 9mm but I will admit I just love the look and feel of such a gun.

I defently like the stainless steel models (and was going to put some wooden hand grips on it later pls no bully).
>>
>>34082718
Why would you own a bolt action when ruger makes cheap semi automatics?
>>
Just asking: you're held and fired it before, right?
>>
File: IMG_3626.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3626.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34082770
Yep!
>>34082733
Its really fun for plinking and honestly I really really dident want to get a 10/22
Heres a pic of my Savage mk2
>>
>>34082718
>feel
So I trust you've handled one. Good, feel is one of the most important factors in selecting a handgun and is entirely subjective.
Have you dryfired one yet to see what you think of the trigger?
I'm personally not a huge fan of it. It's not heavy or gritty or really that bad at all by my standards it just breaks weird. Not enough to make me never want to buy one, but enough to make me second guess using one as my primary sidearm.
Anyhow, as for alternatives I'm assuming you still want a classic chunky metal framed wondernine.
the S&W 59 and kin, Hi Power, CZ 75 and the P226 (if you can find it in your price range) are all fine alternatives
>>
>>34082718
It's a good shooter, and fairly soft-recoiling. The only downsides are the slide-mounted safety/decocker since some people dislike how they get in the way of racking, and that it's a big, thick gun for 9mm.
For me the feel and aesthetics outweigh the downsides, though you probably wouldn't want to try CCing it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
How big are your hands? I love my beretta but anyone with small hands hates it.
>>
>>34082800

Not OP, but I have medium sized hands and I was able to hold one just fine.

To give you a reference, my fingers fit in Glock Generation 4 grooves without any problems.
>>
File: IMG_3627.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3627.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34082800
Pretty small lol but I still like it
>>
>>34082718
that gun is too big to carry when shtf. get a glock 19 or similar sized polymer pizza
>>
>>34082796
Yeah im 100% not getting this fun for CC it is 95% for range toy and 5% for tyrone
>>
>>34082826
I would rather get a SV9 than a glock purely on the fact it isent a glock
>>
>>34082826
oops i meant pistol. fuck im hungry
>>34082852
those are fine too. i dont even like glocks tb.h. i'd prob go for the sig p320
>>
>>34082718

Beretta Guy here.

I assume you mean the M9 or 92FS - they are two different guns. If you want to get a '92' with rails, I would suggest the 92A1 or the M9A3 (M9A3 is the newest version available). Either way, it's important to do your research, because they are different guns, and may not have compatible parts across versions. The 92FS is the base civilian version with the greatest number of available aftermarket parts and conversion kits. The 92 does have (not sure about M9) an ugly clamp-on plastic rail that you can buy from third-party vendors.

A common issue is the slide-mounted safety. The M9/92 catches a lot of flak for this feature because 1) people rack overhand which may engage the safety (use slingshot), and 2) the US military beat the shit out of their m9s so the safeties were worn down. The safety mechanism is currently a metal base covered in polymer; I would suggest swapping it out with an all-metal safety mechanism (this package also comes with a metal trigger, which improves the shooter's ability to feel the trigger mechanism activating). If you don't like the slide safety, I would suggest a CZ or the Taurus PT92 (they're built in the old Beretta factories that were bought by Brazil, though QC may be an issue). The M9/92 is inherently more accurate (~.25in decrease in grouping) than the CZ, and supposedly cheaper (based on past market research, may be inaccurate). That said, how well a person shoots depends on the individual, and many people can outshoot their Beretta with their CZ.

I would strongly suggest investing the $5 for a "D" spring, which will reduce the weight of the DA trigger pull.

Make sure that you clean and lube your Beretta prior to firing, as it may come covered in protective oil (not lubricant).

The locking block is considered a consumable part, which means you will likely need to replace it every 15-25k rounds, depending on the type of ammunition you feed it (+p, hot hand-loads, etc). Costs $22 I believe.
>>
>>34082718
Its a great gun, on the bigger side, but if its just a range toy/HD pistol itll be great for you to own. Also the inox 92fs with wood grips is sex
>>
>>34083050
Im glad somone else agrees that wood grips on steel funs make you feel funny below the belt if you know what I mean
>>34082973
Thank you Beretta Guy I made this thread waiting for someone to spoonfeed me this much.

But in all seriousness thanks I will defently take your advice when modifying it down the road and make sure it is lubed before use :^)

Thank you everyone for the advice I will post pics of the M92FS I buy tomorow if this thread is still up/ make a thread tomorow
>>
>>34082718
>>34082973

Beretta Guy here.

Swapping out the guide-rod is a matter of preference. Most people prefer the metal version; the military got plastic because it would break rather than bend, and thus not disable the pistol.

Skeletonized hammers may cause light strikes, depending on ammunition.

Your gun will not have FTEs. If you get a FTF, it will be due to the magazine, not the firearm.

Also forgot to mention that different versions of the M9/92 have removable or fixed sights; best to do your research if you plan on swapping them out for a HD setup. Different versions will also have different magazine wells, which may aid in loading a new magazine.

There is a "myth" regarding the slides breaking and flying backward, killing the SEAL who was operating the firearm. The truth is that during testing of the 92S, the test group was fired until they broke (25-35k rounds of +P). Slide breakage did occur, and one tester did receive minor injuries. The cause was traced back to poor metallurgy in the Italian version of the 92S. The 92FS/M9 have been redesigned to include a slide-catch, so that if it breaks, it has no potential to leave the frame in such a way as to cause injury. The metallurgy issue was fixed, but I would still trust American metallurgy QC over Italian.

On CC/OC. I would have no issue OCing a Beretta M9/92, as US Mil does it regularly. I would suggest considering smaller polymer single-stacks for CC, though some people say they can CC a Beretta comfortably. Beretta does make compact versions of the M9 and 92, but the size difference lends itself to people with smaller hand size, rather than actual CC (dimensions aren't significant enough).

On preferred ammunition. The M9/92 will feed any 9mm reliably.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.