[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S/k/OUT THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Merit_Badges.png (7KB, 191x528px) Image search: [Google]
Merit_Badges.png
7KB, 191x528px
So I noticed a thread yesterday on potential Boy Scouts for /k/. The focus was on uniforms, the different ranks (Traveler->Bandit->Skinwalker->Stalker, etc.).
What wasn't mentioned and would actually be a lot of fun would be a decentralized merit badge system. We aren't going to agree on flecktarn vs woodland or if traps are gay (they are), but can agree on a way of demonstrating our progress towards getting our shit together.
Skills and Badges
There are 4 skills
>Weapons/Shooting
>Communications
>Survival
>Medicine
Progress along these skills is color-coded:
>Orange: No equipment/no skill
>Black: Has equipment, but lacks skill
>Grey: Has equipment and demonstrated low level of skill
>Olive Drab or Tan: Has equipment and demonstrated higher level of skill
>>
own progress among the 4 skills. The simplest badge I can envision would be a piece of 2"x3" kydex worn as a patch with colored tape corresponding to your own progress. It's not a flag, so the badge would always be "read" from left to right. There would be a zillion ways to make this your own thing:
>kydex patch with vertical color codes
>kydex patch broken into quadrants with or without stencils
>4 pieces of paracord on either wrist - the string closest to your elbow would be for Weapons/Shooting and the one closest to your hand would be for Medicine
>4 stripes of tape (or paint) on a magazine with tape for Weapons/Shooting near the top of the mag and the one Medicine near the baseplate.
>>
We can decide on what are acceptable levels of skill here are my suggestions:
Weapons Shooting:
>Orange: No pistol, rifle, or shotgun
>Black: Owns a pistol, rifle, or shotgun
>Grey: Can hit a target at 300yards with iron sights
>Black: From 7 yards put 2 shots into a 10" target with a rifle, transition to 2 shots with a pistol, change rifle magazines and take 2 more shots (we'd have to decide on a time limit.
Communications:
>Orange: Doesn't own a radio
>Black: Owns at least a cheap Chinese radio
>Grey: Has a Ham Technician license
>Black: Has a Ham Generalist license
Survival
>Orange: Doesn't own basic equipment to survive overnight
>Black: Has a bug-out bag with minimal equipment
>Grey: Has done a solo overnight innawoods. Has made fire without matches/lighter
>Black: Has done a solo 3-night innawoods.
Medicine:
>Orange: No equipment/no training
>Black: Has an IFAK or blowout kit
>Grey: Has Red Cross First Aid certification
>Black: Has taken Combat/Trauma course or works as medical first responder (or is a fucking murse or doctor)
>>
>>34080119
>We can decide on what are acceptable levels of skill here are my suggestions

To make this fun, we should sorta do what the DOTM guys do and actually develop some competency tests.

For example, instead of just saying "has a ham tech license" for commo grey, actually have a basic test of "can establish communications with [our tester] with [whatever radio mode].
>>
>>34080119
By the way the combat trauma course is retard easy to teach. I literally had it once in 2 seperate days weeks apart and could teach it right now
>>
>>34080728
CABCDE
>>
>>34080587
Problem is, this is an anonymous Forum, kinda hard to verify Things.
>>
>>34080806
>make trip
>film proof of competency
>post to youtube with your trip in the comments

I think it would be pretty easy to administer.
>>
This also makes having any blaze orange on the badge as a badge of shame. If you're just a gear queer, then you'll also only have all black on your kydex patch which isn't much better than being an absolute unarmed noob with no skills.
>>
>>34080119
Weapon:
1. no clue
2. can operate and maintain one gun (guy who goes Shooting or hunting and takes care of his shit)
3. can use a gun in a dynamic environmet to defend himself (Military, Police, low Level Course at haley strategic or viking tactics etc.)
4. firm Knowledge of infantry combat on Group Level (served as a squadleader in an infantry unit, has taken high Level courses with private companies that cover this area)
communications:
not my speciality
survival:
1. survives moms Basement
2. survives Basic Camping during all Seasons except winter (basicly does know what to bring along)
3. is able to survive marching and Camping in the open, covering 20km a day (above + movement)
4. above + winter
(this whole beargrills Thing is possible but its comparible to beeing in the Special Forces ragarding weapons, ive got a hunters licence in Germany, which is really a big deal (you have to know every plant, about traps, how to prepare animals and how to spot deseases etc., and from that Point itll be still a far way till i would consider myself to be proper trained to be able to survive for a short period without supplies)
medicine:
1. nothing
2. Basic first aid Training and beeing able to apply it (like having practiced it once a year, think normal army guy)
3. below emt
4. emt and above
>>
This would cool to establish the criteria and then work with the cunts from the Patch General to mock up some options that don't look like shit.

I think we should lower the criteria to achieve badges way down at first. Remember, half of /k/ is unarmed.
>>
>>34080991
that was the idea behind, 34080940, 2. is knows how to drive in a rural area Little traffic area, 3. is knows how to drive in most places 4. is able to drive in bigger Citys (5. drives a taxi in manhatten)
basicly i think weapons is the ability to apply fire on an Opponent / communications is kinda obvious/ survival is the ability to move on foot, like a 1 man Roman Legion / medicine again is kinda self explanatory
I would add orientation, gps, map and compass skills, reading the environmet, like tracking etc. and maybe leader skills like planing logistics, tactics like having read and understood "total resistance" or "on war"
>>
you could also use those mini kydex tabs that fit on molle. you could make some stencils if we decide we need more than 4 competencies

>weapons
>commo
>medicine
>survival (shelter/fire/water/food)
>orienteering
>sort yourself out (job->gf->wife->kids)
>fitness standards: BMI above 20 and below 25, 6 min mile run, etc.
>>
>>34081146
4chan......
sort yourself out....... gf.........
good Lord youre an optimistic one arent you?
>>
I'm interested. Suggestion, though. What if we had all four on at the same time, but had something else, like pins/Velcro decal or some shit to go on each color. So you'd put a commo sticker in orange, survival in black, shooting in gray, medicine in drab, etc. And as your skills move you just move the decal, but not the badges.
>>
Would underageb&s be allowed if they're not fags?
Maybe a basic knowledge test to prove they aren't cowwadoodie kiddos
>>
>>34081269
I'm not sure I understand you yet. Can you explain further?

The point was so that the patch and skills could be "read" at a distance. So that even if you didn't have the stencils as long as you had the stripes/buttons/paracord appearing in the right order other s/k/outs could know where you are on your journey.
>>
>>34081325
Ohhh, OK, I get you. That makes more sense than what I was talking about. My idea was to have the order of colors be constant, but have different things represent what level you're at on them. I was kind of thinking colored tassel and clips, but that would get in the way. So like, let's you're at gray in shooting, and shooting is a black/whatever colored tassel, you'd have gray badge, black tassel, and just go from there. My main thought with it was to help with ease of use. Instead of needing to buy or get more badges as you learned new shit, you'd have a set of badges, and a set of tassels, and just move the tassels as you progressed.
>>
>>34081414
>buy olive drab (or tan) kydex
>cut 2"x3" rectangle
>add velcro backing
This will be your ultimate patch after you have earned each of the skills. If you have no equipment and no skills, then just cover the whole thing with blaze orange tape. As you gain skills just put the correct color of tape in the correct quadrant of your patch. If any quadrant is orange it means you are fucking up and need to get your shit together. Black quadrant means you at least have enough agency in your life to buy the gear, but still need to practice. Grey means you have the gear, but only have basic skills. Olive Drab (or Tan) means you have no tape in that quadrant and have mastered that skill. The goal would be to have a blank kydex. You could probably get someone to make a kydex patch with naked waifus and you get to expose/undress them by removing tape as you earn skills.
>>
>>34080102
This is a good thread. Bump.
>>
File: MB_2.png (55KB, 652x1177px) Image search: [Google]
MB_2.png
55KB, 652x1177px
Here would be the progression on OD kydex from noob to operator. It would be kinda cool to set our own standards and push each other to get better.
>>
>>34080102
To make it more /k/ and by extension autistic, we could make a designated morale patch for "Hey he made it"
>>
I like this decentralized idea. We will never align on uniforms or weapons, but it would be nice to have small goals to work for.

We could have a set of
>"core" patches like the ones lists above
>ancillary patches for things like cooking, DIY, vehicles (and vehicle maintenance)
>fun patches (patch for leaving your room, patch for emptying your piss bottles, nofap awards)

It would also be nice to have a "pro" dipstinction for people that use a few of these skills all the time (11Bs, EMTs, etc)
>>
>>34082344
I like this idea. What sort of patches were you thinking? I just know you've got an autistic list just ready to go.
>>
>>34083662
>I like this idea. What sort of patches were you thinking?

I'd keep the shape simple: 1"H x 1.5"W rectangles.

For the core patches, I wouldn't stray too far from classic icons. For the ancillary patches, I'd

Core Patches
>Shooting
>Survival
>Medicine
>Comms

Ancillary Patches (more artistic license)
>orienteering
>SCUBA
>mountain/rock climbing
>vehicles
>DIY
>cooking
Fun Patches (go nuts)
>clock manufacturing
>ND/AD patches
>tfwnogf beads (not a patch, like Ranger beads except they count down the years that you haven't had a gf) you could also do these as nofap beads
>revealed power level
>tendie/ovaltine/spaghetti aficionado
>NEETdom (never accomplishing anything)
>arson
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.