[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Naval Mines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1209.png (497KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1209.png
497KB, 2048x1536px
In the Spanish-American War, the USS Maine was sunk to a naval mine in 1898 in a harbor in Havana. How did countries keep track of where they put them, specifically Spain.
>>
The Maine probably sank because the crew was careless with powder storage. The whole war existed just to sell William Randolph Hearst's newspapers.
>>
>>34077414
They, in the case of naval mines, created maps with regions essentially being marked "filled with death" and "not filled with death".

The problem is with land mines. Those fucks never get totally cleaned up which is why Europe was post WW 1 and the middle east, Asia and Africa are such horrifying messes. Because no one could say for certain where every mine, shell and bomb was.
>>
>>34077487

Let's not pretend those places wouldn't have been shitholes otherwise.
>>
>>34077467
Free press was a mistake
>>
>>34077414
most people who have examined the wreck say it was not a mine but a magazine accident
>>
>>34077414
That was a coal dust explosion, they just called it a mine.
>>
>>34077487
>The problem is with land mines. Those fucks never get totally cleaned up which is why Europe was post WW 1 and the middle east, Asia and Africa are such horrifying messes. Because no one could say for certain where every mine, shell and bomb was.

Imagine being this uneducated lol
>>
>>34077414
>Falling for 1 year old 'Free' 'Syrian' 'Army' propaganda
stupid
>Falling for 14 year old neo-con propaganda
very stupid
>Falling for 25 year old Serbian propaganda
exceptionally stupid
>Falling for 45 year old Rhodesian propaganda
incredibly stupid
>Falling for 80 year old Nazi propaganda
ludicrously stupid
>Falling for 119 year old American propaganda
peak stupdidity
>>
>>34082275
Kill yourself 6 times
>>
>>34077414
>In the Spanish-American War, the USS Maine was sunk to a naval mine in 1898 in a harbor in Havana
No. The war had not started yet. Second, the Maine sank because a a fire set off a powder magazine.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.