[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did they mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>34077145

It depicts "Uncle Sam" showing off the results of recent U.S. Navy heavy gun target practice, apparently conducted by USS Kearsarge (Battleship # 5), to the naval figures of England, Germany, France and Italy, as warships of Japan and Russia battle in the background.
>>
>>34077145
The only thing that annoys me about this image is that the Englishman has no moustache.
>>
>>34077145
france and italys moostaches seemed switched no?
>>
>>34077145
the background shit is likely making fun of the ineptitude of the russian and japanese navy in the russo-japanese war. At one point the russians were literally attacking fishing boats in europe because they were convinced they were japanese boats in disguise.
>>
>>34077145
Kind of hilarious considering how poorly our gunners performed when we sent them over to practice with the Grand Fleet towards the end of WW1.

Not saying we didn't get way better and eventually outpace them in the 20's/30's, but it really was quite shit at first.
>>
>>34077496

England has massive sideburns so I guess it's cool.

The real inaccuracy here is that France isn't waving a white flag and presenting his greased up asshole to Germany for a good ol' fashioned in-out, in-out.
>>
>>34077538
>france and italys moostaches seemed switched no?
...no. See Poirot.
>>
>>34079768
Oh wait, I was looking at Germany and France, instead of France and Italy.

Then yes.
>>
File: napoleon-iii-9420342-1-402.jpg (159KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
napoleon-iii-9420342-1-402.jpg
159KB, 1200x1200px
>>34077538
Back then, France was in under Napoleon the Third, whose staches were weird.
>>
>>34077577
The gunnery during the Span-am War was even worse.

When we captured Guam our fleet attacked a Spanish fort which turned out to be undefended. The ship's gunners managed to hit nothing and the Spanish on the island didn't even know they were at war and thought the American fleet was firing salute shots.
>>
>>34080046
>1904
>Napoleon the Third
no
>>
>>34077362
Well, yeah. I mean, he's got more guns on his boat. Of course he's gonna have more hits in a shorter amount of time.
>>
>>34077577
I would not be surprised if the example used here was cherry-picked from a short range battle practice exercise, which is the naval equivalent of hosing down someone else's lowrider at a traffic light with your tec-9. SRBP was about getting out as many salvos as possible at an enemy a few thousand yards away, which with 12/14in rifles is spitball range.
>>
>>34077145
I think it may be about America dick waving with the great white fleet all the while Japan and Russia were actually putting niggas in the ground and Europe was just sitting around with their thumbs up their asses blowing kisses at the US
>>
File: Russian Baltic Fleet.png (886KB, 1837x2153px) Image search: [Google]
Russian Baltic Fleet.png
886KB, 1837x2153px
The Rus/Jap fight in the background references this
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.