[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NIB BCG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3618.jpg (28KB, 295x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3618.jpg
28KB, 295x219px
I'm thinking of getting a nickel boron bolt carrier group, is there wisdom in this?
>>
>>34076959
I can't speak for the longevity of it, but I dropped built my 450 Bushmaster with one, and love it. It's amazingly slippery, like trying to grab plastic with oily hands.
I say go for it.
>>
>>34078512
Sorry, just meant to say "built". I was going to say "dropped one in", but that implies I had a uncoated one before, which is untrue. If my M4 clone gives me any trouble, I'll definitely be upgrading to NiB as well.
>>
I still can't figure out why the coating matters. The closest to a reasonable answer is that it's easier to clean because shit wipes right off, but there are lubes that do that. I am convinced it's a gimmick. Both bcgs go back and forth, WTF does it matter if it's "more slippery" . If you alternate brass and steel and don't clean between shooting, it will jam both guns equally, because it binds in the chamber. If anyone knows what real purpose there is, please tell me. Like I said, I own one Standard and a TiN one, but why tho.
>>
>>34078580
>I am convinced it's a gimmick
Exactly right. It's a tacticool part to separate retards from their money.
>Easier to clean
Why the fuck are people cleaning these guns so often? These have got to be the same retards that clog the board up with their pictures of immaculate rifles that look like they have never been touched outside of a clean room while wearing rubber gloves.
>>
>>34078695
I know. I have 3 ar15s two 5.56 and 5.45, I shoot once a week at least, hardly clean them, never had a problem. I think city folk go shooting and it's an ordeal for them, they hafta pack their bag, put a chamber flag in all their guns, drive to a designated range, most likely pay money, they shoot, go home, then clean their guns for storage. I can drive 10 miles in any direction and shoot, and I do all the time, it's heaven on earth, god bless america. I can't possibly clean my guns that much, plus, it's fun to see how long they can go before they fuck up. I used to be city folk, but I left that shit, that's how they are. I was once criticized for keeping an AR on safe, with bolt locked back, loaded mag. It's probably not the ideal way to store a rifle, but it's safe.....
>>
>>34078817
I'm >>34078695
city folk and I've got to pay to shoot at the range but I've got enough sense to know that you don't need to clean every fucking speck of carbon or powder residue from a gun for it to safely function. I have regular-ass plain black whatever the fuck coating on the bolts on all 3 of my ARs. Works fine and it's not some range ninja flashy prettyboy bullshit.

When did guns become goddamned fashion accessories? This shit makes me sick.
>>
I'm a city person. It costs about 20 dollars for an hour on a shooting range where i live, It's also about a 30 minute drive one way.
Between these two factors i may wind up only shoot once a month or less. Because of this i clean my guns immaculately, this is due to the fact they may sit untouched for long periods of time.
Not everyone has the privilege of driving 5 minutes to go shooting.
>>
>>34078993
Damn, I'm glad the ranges I go to don't charge by the hour. I drive 10 minutes and pay $12 and can shoot all day on the 50/100 rifle, assorted pistol ranges, and crappy but serviceable clay thrower shotgun ranges. They even let you leave and come back later in the day if you want.

What makes you think you need to "clean your guns because they may sit untouched for long periods of time" in the first place? Are you under the assumption that there is something corrosive about carbon? Do you think that burnt powder residue turns into steel eating acid after 2 weeks? Did you read a post on /k/ that made you think that copper fouling in your barrel would make it explode from overpressure if not scrubbed out every 50 rounds? I don't understand this fixation with cleaning guns that so many shooters get stuck on.

Cleaning your guns all the time is literally just wearing them out faster.
>>
>>34078695
>>34078817

something something Vietnam self-cleaning rifle
>>
>>34079651
I'm not sure if you're saying that they need constant cleaning or little maintenance. Either way though, the iteration of the AR15 that people use today is quite different than the original Vietnam War era weapons.
>>
>>34076959
NIB works fine. Get one from a reputable manufacturer (Toolcraft, LWRC, Spikes, etc) and you will be plenty happy. Keep in mind they will become Grey in color after you shoot with it a lot. You can polish it back to a shiny luster with flitz or something if you really want to.

However, after having 3 NIB, 1 Chrome, and the rest Salt bath nitride, I really can't say any of them are better than the other.

Get whatever makes your balls feel tingly OP and go shoot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.