[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I own a gun if I have autism? Legit question here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (852KB, 1069x743px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
852KB, 1069x743px
Can I own a gun if I have autism? Legit question here.
>>
No

/thread
>>
>>34076931
You can't thread your own post. But this anyway
>>
>The most common reason for a gun purchase denial is a criminal conviction. More than 175,000 fugitives, 130,000 domestic offenders, and 123,000 unlawful drug users have been denied in the 18 years NICS has been online. For all the focus on mental health, the bar for denying someone on psychiatric grounds is very high, leading to relatively few rejections: 27,992 applicants have been denied because they were declared mentally unfit by a judge.
>>
>>34076905
As long as you've never been adjudicated a danger to yourself or others or committed involuntarily to a psych ward you're fine.
How else do you explain nutnfancy, at least 60% of /k/ and this magnificent specimen right here https://www.youtube.com/user/GunDisaster
Hell, depressionfags loose their gun rights more often then spergs
>>
>>34077002

This.

You have to be deemed mentally incompetent (this requires going to court, and it's usually because someone has like a TBI or something), forced into voluntary treatment, or committed involuntarily. Oddly they differentiate between the last two for other things, but not with guns.

'tism isn't even recognized as a disorder by some places yet.
>>
>>34077042

Also, forced into voluntary treatment means you had to sign a document that said something to the effect of, "If I don't come here voluntarily, they will take me in front of a judge and make me come here involuntarily." Pretty sure that the importance of this is that you avoid having some sort of record in court by "volunteering" to go into therapy as opposed to the cops forcing your ass there.
>>
It depends on the state/county you're in, but generally speaking it is pretty hard to lose your gun rights due to mental illness. You'd have to been committed to a mental asylum or at some point in time considered a threat to yourself or others. A good example is if you're in therapy, and you mention something about wanting to hurt yourself or hurt others; they're legally obligated to call the authorities if you give them any sort of information like that, which will probably bar you from owning guns unless you jump through a massive list of hoops.

>Be me
>Live in Texas
>Been prescribed several antidepressants(which I never took for more than a week but they're still on my record)
>prescribed klonopin and ritalin before
>Attended therapy sessions for depression for several years
>Bought an AK in Fredricksburg
>They ran a background check and 5 minutes later they handed me my rifle. I was never asked about any prescriptions any medications, nothing like that.

It might be different if you have to register your funs and other antifun stuff like that though.
>>
If 4chan is any indication, yes.
>>
>>34077239
Ding ding, a winner!
>>
>>34076905

Yes dude most likely. Buy all the guns.
>>
>>34076905
If you're your own guardian, you can do pretty much whatever. You're also allowed to have sex with people.
>>
>>34077257

Allowed, yes, but not likely.
>>
>>34077276
It will happen if you try and/or enjoy the company of men.

It's crazy that getting a firearm is easier than getting laid.
>>
>>34077233

It really doesn't though, the restrictions that he would have to worry about are much more hyper-focused on the general population. Like New York, New Jersey, California, DC. Pretty much everywhere else just plays by the ATF's playbook. I will admit that "mentally defective" is a pretty vague term that can scare a lot of people who have even just gone to therapy, or whatever. But if you dig deep into what this means, it pretty much means that three doctors have to evaluate you and participate in a court hearing with you, and state that you need a legal guardian. It's for folks who are mentally retarded, have some sort of traumatic brain injury, in a coma, etc. I think that they have this covered so that people can't make strawman purchases under relative's names who are physically/mentally incapable of even being cognizant of what is going on around them for the most part, if at all.
>>
File: Atf_form_autism_disqualifier.jpg (486KB, 1200x1553px) Image search: [Google]
Atf_form_autism_disqualifier.jpg
486KB, 1200x1553px
>>34076905
nope, see the 4473 you fill out to buy a gun
>>
>>34076905
>Can I own a gun if I have autism?
Everybody else here does.
>>
>>34077770
>implying everyone here owns guns
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.