[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manistee National Forest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

So me and a couple of buddies are planning to go camping somewhere remote enough where we won't be bothered and we can just drink a bit and shoot some guns for a few days.
Living in Chicago however does not really suit that, so it seems we'd have to go out of state for that.
Would Manistee National Forest work out well for this? From what I can tell, OC is allowed, no permits are needed to camp, and it seems quite remote.
Thoughts?
>>
File: IMG_2463.jpg (350KB, 959x776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2463.jpg
350KB, 959x776px
>>34076604
Michigander here, yeah it's absolutely beautiful and there are plenty of remote spots to camp.

Do your research and make sure you're not on private property.

I have OCed there before and it's perfectly fine
>>
>>34076803
Sounds pretty great, any certain spots to go to?
Also, if I have a FOID from Illinois, do I need that to OC in Michigan?
>>
>>34076803
No offense, but you've gotta brush up on your plant-identification skills. That's poison ivy your stock is brushing up against.
>>
>>34076604
It not in any way remote, especially in summer.
>>
Deer flies,"skeeters", and lots of fuds.
Have fun be safe!
>>
ive camped manistee NF a few times, dont know any spots though. i generally look for a decent spot on google maps satallite, print out the MVUM and inevitably end up driving around to find a random spot to hike in a bit.

im actually going to camp the huron side soon, first time with a gun!
>>
>>34076604
Michigander reporting in, nothing on the lower peninsula is going to be that remote. Most of my family hunts deer in that area and it's honestly quite difficult to ever feel far from a ranch, city, or major road. It's not like you can't find it, it's just not like the UP where you can turn off any road and be fucking nowhere. The caveat is you have to put up with Yoopers and understanding that they literally all have the desire to shoot you in the back for being in their woods.
>>
Any bears it things like that there?
>>
>>34077543
*Or things like that
>>
File: 1493316861011.jpg (436KB, 971x974px) Image search: [Google]
1493316861011.jpg
436KB, 971x974px
>>34077543
In the LP watch out for lions and black bears, in the UP watch out for wolves as well.
I would not recommend manistee though. I live near the park and it is the one most soccer moms and "outdoorsman" go to hike and piss themselves if they see a gun. The rangers are also complete asshats and will try and bust you for anything.
That being said it is a pretty park, just save yourself and drive to huron or even better ottawa
Pic related
>>
>>34076887
Would also like to know the FOID thing
>>
Go to the UP you won't be sad.
Upers are kinda tweaky but generally harmless and usually pretty cool about funs.

t.michigander (troll lp)
>>
any reason UPers are tweaky?
Is it because they're Finnish?
>>
File: IMG_9435.jpg (4MB, 3240x2430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9435.jpg
4MB, 3240x2430px
>>34076604
gtg to ruck with your rifle, shoot and camp. just police your brass and targets, there are enough people that litter already
>>
>>34076917
Kek
>>
>>34077626
Did you make that map?
It's bretty accurate, desu
>>
>>34077980
Not used to social interaction outside the ~100 people from the nearest "town"
>>
Not OP, but anything to generally know about the forest? Animals, people, etc
>>
>>34076604
Ukrainian Village reporting in.
>>
>>34076604
Don't dick around in my backyard anon, you don't want to see what I do to trespassers.

But seriously, you can shoot and camp on state land, the rule is 500ft away from persons or property.
>>
>>34077626
Map is accurate.

Source: I'm a Traverse City fag.
>>
I don't know shit about Michigan State law; if I have a FOID from Illinois, doors that mean that I am good to go for bringing my gun over to Michigan and using it? Not sure if Michigan has this FOID bullshit, and the only thing I'm scared of right now is the law.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.