[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weakwrist Shooters General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_9345.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9345.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
Let's talk about those guns that are lightweight with minimal recoil, but are good enough for grandma to repel bad guys with.

This thread is about all those .38 snubbies for your mom, the .22 that grandad keeps in his cowboy holster ever since the arthritis set it, and the .380 full-size that uncle Bob carries because his carpal tunnel means he can't handle a full 9mm load.

Post your suggestions for similar handguns and rifles that are light enough for a weak/arthritic person to hold, but don't have too much recoil for said individual to use properly, or tell stories about your 85-year old granny who still shoots .45LC in one hand with a cold beer in the other hand.
>>
.38 snubs suck to shoot. They're too small and light to absorb the recoil like someone who isn't good at guns would want.
>>
>>34075964
how good would that gun be for cc?
>>
>>34075964
My 78 year old grandpa who I've been shooting with for years now has arthritis, and he still carries and shoots a Glock 19 pretty decently. So yah Glock 19 I guess, the standard recommendation
>>
File: IMG_9346.jpg (74KB, 646x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9346.jpg
74KB, 646x432px
On a similar note, my dad bought a PMR-30 thinking that 30+1 rounds of .22 WMR in a lightweight pistol would be perfect for my grandmother (75 years old, about 135lbs), only to find out that she leaves it in the safe and still carries her .32 PPK anyway. My grandfather likes plinking with it in the backyard, though, so that's a plus.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-04-16T14_56_07Z.jpg (535KB, 748x626px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-04-16T14_56_07Z.jpg
535KB, 748x626px
>>34075964
Yeah nah my .38 Snub is actually quite unpleasant to shoot with +P rounds

Why would you ever recommend one of these to a woman
>>
File: IMG_9344.jpg (164KB, 650x867px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9344.jpg
164KB, 650x867px
>>34075964
>implying my grandma isn't more operator than me
sadly mistaken, boyo
>>
File: IMG_9334.jpg (86KB, 590x713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9334.jpg
86KB, 590x713px
>>34076036
>why recommend a .38 snub to a woman?
Simplicity. The less the shooter has to learn about their gun, the faster they can get used to how it works and how to use it. Then once they've become familiar with the snub, they can learn more advanced stuff like automatic pistols, slide locks/releases, keeping track of when a pistol is chambered or not, manual safeties, flush mags VS. extended mags, using a 100-round drum on your Glock, bump-firing a G3 while looking through a scope, etc.
>>
>>34075984
Snubnoses were the go-to choice for a decent concealable gun in the past due to older autoloaders being very finicky. They have been used for decades as a primary arm of undercover cops, as a backup gun for on-duty cops, as a holdout weapon by members of organized crime groups, and even by the OSS during World War II.

While there are other options today, a snubnose using modern ammunition is still a good choice for a CC gun in its size/weight category. There is a reason why our President apparently favors it as a carry piece.
>>
My grandfather has arthritis and carpal tunnel pretty bad and it's getting in the way of him being able to do certain tasks. He loves shooting, and recently he sold his FEG Hi Power clone and bought a CZ-75d PCR compact. He's comfortable with shooting 9mm out of a full-size and mid-size, but he hates my G26 because it's too snappy for him. I'm glad he found a solid gun that he's comfortable with, but he has difficulty racking the slide sometimes due to the smaller profile of the CZ slide, and him being used to slingshotting the slide instead of overhanding it. Any suggestions for that? He doesn't want to sacrifice the ergos of the CZ but he doesn't want to have difficulty if he has to clear a jam.
>>
>>34075990
manlet here, can agree. 9mm glocks are great guns for fags with limp wrists like me.
>>
>>34075982
They're perfectly fine if you're not shooting +P.
>>
>>34076036
>Why would you ever recommend one of these to a woman

- No need to rack a slide.
- No need to rack a slide in the event of a jam.
- Limp wristing is a non-issue.
- No safeties whatsoever.
- Certain .38 Special loads allow for mild or light recoil.
>>
.38 Snubs aren't terrible to shoot for fairly experienced shooters but for someone weak it would suck.

If you want to go revolver maybe a Charter Arms Undercoverette in .32 HR, can shoot .32 SW Longs if need be.
>>
File: 20161106_182517.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_182517.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>34075964
This belongs to my recoil sensitive wife.
>>
File: 20170507_221540.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170507_221540.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>34075964
These are good for people with weak hands. No need to rack the slide. The barrel tips up to load the first round.
>>
>Comparing .38 out of snub nose recoil to a .22 and .380

lol what. It's not BAD but it's definitely more recoil than a 9mm from a 3-4" barrel.
>>
File: trump seal of approval.gif (4MB, 340x252px) Image search: [Google]
trump seal of approval.gif
4MB, 340x252px
The President of the United States owns a .38 Smith & Wesson. Why don't you?
>>
File: 960.jpg (84KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
84KB, 960x540px
>>34076038
>dat 1000yd stare
She's killed before and wants to do it again before she fucks off to Valhalla.
>>
>>34075964
>This thread is about all those .38 snubbies for your mom

You're a fucking asshole if you give a new shooter or someone a fucking j frame. They're literally the most difficult gun to shoot.
>>
>>34075990

It's a shame they slamfire, great guns otherwise.
>>
>>34075964
Lcr/lcrx with those 90grn light load .38s designed for women/oldpeople/oldladies. Also a non-airweight smith, the extra weight can help with recoil. Sp101s are great but they are the biggest out of your 'usual suspect' snubbies, if the sp101 isn't too heavy to carry/draw/handle/aim or whatever, then one of those with the light loads will be a cupcake

Also, consider .327 federal magnum, it's light on it's own, plus can have most .32 handgun rounds in it, which are way lighter than .327 federal mag
>>
>>34075964
>lightweight, low power wheelgun
>self defense.
Wat?

Fuck a .38 snub. I have a demylenating disease, meaning I had to learn how to use my (formerly) dominant hand and arm again. I used a 1911 before onset, I still use a 1911 after. The weight and the fact that it's semiauto soaks up recoil a hell of a lot better than using light ammo in a fun that transfers all of the recoil to the shooter's hand.

The only question is "What fun in what caliber to get that can get a tactical racker?"
>>
>>34079067
Some people have a hard time manipulating a slide, like old ladies with athritic hands, or small women with weak fingers.. which is why a revolver suits them well, no muss no fuss, pull trigger and bang happens
>>
>>34075984

Stupid good
>>
>>34079067
Good for you. I don't personally carry a .38 revolver, but some people LEGITIMATELY can't operate a semiauto. As in, cannot 'learn' a way to make it work. At that point, anything they can use is better than being unarmed.

If you still want to debate that point, promptly put a lightweight .38 revolver arms length away from your chest and pull the trigger. Tell me how you feel afterward.
>>
>>34079067
Police used .38 Special for decades and did just fine with it.

And for some people, revolvers just better suit their needs.

Plus, you can fire one from within a pocket.
>>
>>34079422
I pulled the fucking trigger like you said and now there's a fucking hole in my wall
>>
File: Pavona-1.jpg (619KB, 2100x1395px) Image search: [Google]
Pavona-1.jpg
619KB, 2100x1395px
>>34077029
It's this plus how easy they are to load, grip, and tell if they're loaded. A lot of the women I know that went with a revolver for all of these reasons combined. They had issues getting a comfortable grip on a single stack and adding the recoil made them hate it. Concealment is the biggest issue but some of them off-body carry.

No I don't think it's the best choice but it's what they all wanted to carry, which means they'll actually use it and practice. The LCR is in a sweet spot for price, weight, trigger pull, and grip comfort with the factory Hogues.

>>34077248
I also like this choice. For a subcompact with an easy slide the Bersa Thunder does well. Even with the hammer cocked some of them cannot rack the Bersa and will jam their thumb right into that flimsy plastic slide safety. The Pavona has an easy spring except they put some of the worst serrations on it possible for a recessed slide. Look at this shit, and it's marketed to people with arthritis and no pinch strength.
>>
>>34075964
but a 38 snub has more recoil than a 9mm pistol
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.